The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
Adding Names and Numbers to Skins
Hi Guys,

I have a question and i hope this is the right place to ask it

Currently have a problem with Team skins that are all the same apart from say numbers and a Drivers name.

Does anyone know of a simple to use programme or whatever that can produce these skins easily.

Say for instance there are 19 skins we use, and the team has 10 members, thats 190 skins to do, therefore if we have the skin sorted for each car can someone offer a way to quickly and professionally make layers that have the drivers name in the right place on each car and with the correct number?

Any help would be GREAT

Thanks,

Dru
Yes, provide a generic skin for each car with a white blank space for writing in the different drivers name, and another blank space on the skin for the number. In photoshop its a 30 second job to change the name/number, save as a different jpg, move on to the next one.
10 drivers, 19 skins, 190 x 30 secs = 95 minutes £45/hr = £71. I do accept paypal.
#3 - Dru
Quote from al heeley :Yes, provide a generic skin for each car with a white blank space for writing in the different drivers name, and another blank space on the skin for the number. In photoshop its a 30 second job to change the name/number, save as a different jpg, move on to the next one.
10 drivers, 19 skins, 190 x 30 secs = 95 minutes £45/hr = £71. I do accept paypal.

right, so can you do this in psp (version 7) as well i guess?

Does this mean that you have a layer with preset precise locations for a name and number (ie like a text box) that you can edit but keep the format the same?

Sorry to ask simple questions, but i'm not that hot on this side of things....

also that means that you'll have to save the image as a psd otherwise the layers will be lost right - so you can have a master for each skin and just edit the name and then go save copy as which gives you the jpeg version right?

Also final question how would the 2580x2048 to output a 1024x1024 thing work or is it a long winded process or is it best to just add the name and the number in the 1024x1024 psd version after the skin in its 2580x2048 is made??

Cheers,

Dru.
My team do this with the skins, we also change the colour of the mirrors and some other parts on the race cars.

We have a master skin in PSD format, all I have to do is change the name, number and colour for a new member. I only do the skins they request though, no point having a skin in your skin folder if you dont drive the car it's for.
Quote from Dru :right, so can you do this in psp (version 7) as well i guess?

Not sure, I'm running photoshop 7

Quote :Does this mean that you have a layer with preset precise locations for a name and number (ie like a text box) that you can edit but keep the format the same?

yes

Quote :Sorry to ask simple questions, but i'm not that hot on this side of things....

that's ok

Quote :also that means that you'll have to save the image as a psd otherwise the layers will be lost right - so you can have a master for each skin and just edit the name and then go save copy as which gives you the jpeg version right?

exactly!

Quote :Also final question how would the 2580x2048 to output a 1024x1024 thing work or is it a long winded process or is it best to just add the name and the number in the 1024x1024 psd version after the skin in its 2580x2048 is made??

Naah, resizing is easy and fast, if your Master Copy is an odd size (for stretching/mapping issues), add the name to that one and resize afterwards, then save as jpg.

Quote :Cheers,

Dru.

#6 - Venus
You should be able to create an Action to do all that for you... I'm not completely sure. But if you can, then its just a quick single click to play it, and its done.

V

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG