The online racing simulator
#26 - dabe
Good news that i'm not too late!

So now that i'm confirmed who else is going, i've seen the list of users signed up hoping for a good turn out as i'm not sure i'll be able to coap of 4hrs not stop racing!.

Whats the average skill, experince & age of people coming? i'll start things off

I'm 25, been on a number of track days (including a trip to the nurbugring in my MINI Cooper-S). I've been sim-racing on and off for what feels like ever, but over the past 2 years moved over onto console (Xbox/360 mainly) so that would be Forza I'd class my self as an enthusiast but i can put in some quick lap times too, i don't doubt that i'll be at the bottom of the qualifying come next saturday
I'm 32, only ever driven karts around tracks (never real cars, which is a shame ). I've been a sim racer, I guess, for quite some time now. I joined the LFS crowd in November 2004 after finding a demo on the front of a mag. I already had a steering wheel for my PC which I had previously used with Geoff Crammonds F1GP1,2,3 and 4, which I loved up until my wheel decided it wouldn't play under Win XP properly. The pedal axis were reversed and not seperate any more and nothing I could do would fix it, so I gave up. Then I found LFS and that was the first sim I found that would allow the axis to be inverted.

I am not the quickest, but I try to be the most consistent racer and prefer a slow stable set to a high speed "on the ragged edge" type set. I can sometimes get a quick hotlap, but you can guarentee that I will have reset on the previous 10 tries!!

I also ramble on a bit too much sometimes.. ...(see above)....

I don't think I will be at the bottom of the timings next week, but I will definately not be at the top (I know this 'cos bozo is always faster than me!).

See you there!

Tim
24 here with very little real track time. With my track time sitting in Dodge's SRT lineup running aroudn Road America. With the Magnum and Charger we hit over 130 and about 125 in the crossfire. It was really fun coming off the backstrech and heading up Thunder Valley and going through Kohler Tunnel at 90MPH and watching the track show it'self was one of the most exciting experiences I ever had.

I grew up around oval racing with my Dad an ex racer and my Uncle that used to race Amature AMA in his 82 CBR 900RR

Sim racing wise I consider myself to be a decent racer with the ability to lay down some decent lap times with some practice. I run in the STCC with the RB4 which takes up most of my online time recently.

I drive a 2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR for a daily driver which I plan to take to the tracks. People in the UK don't know anything about this car but for a quick glance it does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds with my PB 1/4 mile time at 13.77@101MPH and with the ACR package skidpad is nearing .95 or so and 700 foot slalom at about 76MPH (hedging right up along side the Viper) 60-0 in about 110 feet.

Major down side is it's FWD, it's an upside though too because my insurance is less than 800pounds a year. 30MPG AND it seats 5.. I need to stop now =) I always get too carried away with my car. Anyways I should have it registered by the 14th so you all can see this rare car. 1 of 1200 ever built with this one probably the only one in the UK.
Oh god. Me, well I'm 30 (at last count, but that might have been a few years ago now.) Killed more cars than I care to mention. Although that period o my life seems to have come to a thankful end.

Done some kart time but nothing serious. Always had a keen interest in motorsport, and in regards to simming, since physics have leapt forwards and the k/b is no longer a viable control option, it's always been LFS. The only sim I know of that I can so easily set up the cars for a mouse. Maybe a wheel is due next pay day. Haven't decided yet so if any of you have an old wheel they don't want any more . . . . .
Sorry Funnybear, just sold off my old Momo to another LFS racer (xenocracy actually).

I'm 21, have no life, no track day experience (well, driving anyway, I've been passengered around a couple of tracks in sports cars before), been karting twice (both times with people from this forum). I've driven a car once since I passed my test nearly 4 years ago. I would usually consider myself a reasonably fast racer but I've played little LFS in the past 18 months, I've been either too busy with work or Uni. I'm hoping when I finish my degree in a few weeks I'll be able re-hone my skills.

I also talk far too much and spend way too much time on these forums, but they suck far less time than actually playing LFS, so it's a compromise I'm having to live with.

Since I know he won't post in these forums, previously mentioned xenocracy is my old house mate who I got into LFS but hasn't ever really got seriously into it (no money to buy a wheel, until last Sunday), hopefully he'll buy himself a license in time for the event. He's 25 and a very cool guy, been driving for years although I don't think he's ever done a track day. Not sure on karting, probably at some point. More of a plane freak to be honest. Oh and everyone must convince him to quit smoking.
It'll be me and him then, sitting in the corner nursing our ciggies . . . .
So you are definately coming Niko? If so, please let me know... just say yes!
Definately can't make it now I was really looking forward to things, unfortunately things are getting tight here and I've got appointments booked in for most of saturday (unfortunately I couldn't avoid this)

I'm really sorry, especially as I was looking forward to it I'm also really sorry I couldn't confirm this before. Unfortunately I'm running to the wire at the moment, trying to save enough for a place of my own and so on and so on

Edit: Piss flaps. Wrong thread
[cue slo-mo dive]Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo........... [/slo-mo]

Oh well, at least you got the right thread, I'm not sure what you're on about there. I might make out a name tag for you and wear it on your behalf, so that you're there in spirit.

The event will work OK so long as there are at least 16 people so I only need one more to confirm. /me starts hunting down Bladey...
Quote from Bob Smith :Oh well, at least you got the right thread, I'm not sure what you're on about there. I might make out a name tag for you and wear it on your behalf, so that you're there in spirit.

lol, that won't be confusing in the least

To be hyper disgusting I could chop off my beard and sent it down - you could pin a name tag on that
If you're going to turn up in body at all, I'd rather you bring your personality along as well. Not the same otherwise. Perhaps I'll just mail you a name label as a souvenir, I've plenty blank spare.
you sayin' his beard is devoid of personality? Are you beardist? Do you have something against hirsuitness in general? Are you a beardy bigot? Do you find difficulty in growing a beard therefore you try and overcompensate for your chinly failings by forcing upon others the view that beards are wrong?

I personally know some very fine beards and some that could even rival some americans for culture and intelligence. I am sure that if The Angry Angel sent his beard down in his stead it would more than over compensate for his actual absence . . . .

[toungue in cheek][\toungue out of cheek]
Quote from Funnybear :Do you find difficulty in growing a beard therefore you try and overcompensate for your chinly failings by forcing upon others the view that beards are wrong?

As much as a pogonophobe that we all know Bob is, he tends to have a very fine beard when I've met him and seen him in recent pictures It's most annoying.

I must obtain it for myself.... errr... I said nothing
Quote from the_angry_angel :As much as a pogonophobe that we all know Bob is, he tends to have a very fine beard when I've met him and seen him in recent pictures It's most annoying.

LOL =)

Sure it isn't a nice case of Peach Fuzz =) I mean it couldn't be much more for someone thats only 21 :wink:
Quote from the_angry_angel :As much as a pogonophobe that we all know Bob is, he tends to have a very fine beard when I've met him and seen him in recent pictures It's most annoying.

*Sigh* I can't you see. I get a good set of buggers grips then all stops untill the chin. And even if I manage a fairly succesful goaty it's . . . . I can hardly bring myself to say it . . . It's, It's . . .Damn it . . It's ginger ok!

There, my secret is out, the bear don't do hair.
Heh, I feel your pain. That's one reason I keep mine really short, the ginger tint becomes much more obvious when the hair gets long.
just checkout the website for directions and noticed that we are corporate and team building! Bagsy doing the girl from accounts! . . . Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm not like this irl. Honest.
OMG!, just noticed there are free spaces again!, is anyone traveling from the midlands that i could get a lift from?
Midlands? Sadly I think everyone is southerners so you're outta luck. Also it's a TINCY bit late to be asking. But I have brought two blank name labels, my colouring pens and shiny stars, just incase.
Lol, ok. I realised it was a bit late but i only saw your sig saying there were spaces yesterday Frown.
If you do another one next year (or whenever) i will likely be coming Thumbs up

LFS UK Gathering Thread 11 - Commitment and Payment
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG