Logitech Profiler
(13 posts, started )
Logitech Profiler
Hi,

I've been trying to assign the buttons on my wheel, (L3,L4,select,start,and POV), to the keys on my keyboard (the F1-F4 keys, for quick messages,and, F9-F12, so i can check the state of the car), (vica versa), but, the're not working in the game.

Ive followed all the instructions in the profilers help files, but, the're not coming up on screen.

And before you ask, all the buttons on the wheel are working.

Can anyone help ?

Thx
First a few questions...

How exactly did you assign the buttons to keys? Did you use commands or keystrokes, how did you assign the commands/keystrokes to the buttons?

I take it you have a DFP judging from your button names.
Never mind that last remark, I just read your other thread... Lucky SOB
Hi, thanks for the reply,

I've been offline for a couple of days.........however,

I've been reading a few other threads on this problem and i noticed some people have been having problems with the profiler interferring with forcefeedback, so i think i'll give it a miss.

Maybe it's just me being unable to follow instructions !

Cheers anyway
Quote from Mazz4200 :

.......profiler interferring with forcefeedback

No it doesn't. In fact if you want to use the full range of the DFP it's a necessity.

Quote from Mazz4200 :

Maybe it's just me being unable to follow instructions !

That's probably it. Assign functions to keystrokes. i.e. if you want a wheel button to, for instance, act as turn signal, assign the button to 8,9 or 0. I will admit, the Wingman Profiler isn't the most instinctive piece of software to use but when you've cracked it it's pretty good.

IMO

EDIT: PM me if you have trouble. Get teamspeak too, it'll help
I don't use profiler at all. It fubars most games for me. As windows happily detects the wheel in the first place and then set up in game works...
Thanks Doorman,

I've sussed it, and yes, i didnt follow the instructions properly illepall

You have to assign the keystrokes from the "edit" pull down menu first, and then assign them for each button.

I'm such a numb nuts when it comes to computer stuff.

And it really does make a difference, when you can simply press a button on the wheel, instead of looking across at the keyboard and end up swerving all over the track (i keep getting told off for that on the Oval)

Cheers Doorman

There really are some sound people in the game

Mazz
Quote from Seahorse :I don't use profiler at all. It fubars most games for me. As windows happily detects the wheel in the first place and then set up in game works...

I confess to being a Profiler fan. One of the main reasons, apart from the button thing, is that it actually provides a 'force feedback' stop to the rotations. While the DFP has a rotation of 900 degrees you don'y really need that much, not in LFS anyway. If you set the rotation to 720 degrees you get a 'stop' at that setting or any rotation you like.
How does it 'fubar' games? I am interested to know.
Quote from Mazz4200 : ...I keep getting told off for that on the Oval)

Stay off the oval, you'll turn into an American.
Quote from Doorman :Stay off the oval, you'll turn into an American.

Say wha'? *looks at flag beneath his name* I ain' no american... I like NASCAR, IRL, McDonald's, KFC, Football, Baseball, Jeff Foxworthy, Tomato soup with grilled cheese, and pancakes for breakfast... See, I'm no ame....
Right, nm... DAMN OVAL!
Quote from Mazz4200 :.....I've been reading a few other threads on this problem and i noticed some people have been having problems with the profiler interferring with forcefeedback, so i think i'll give it a miss.

That was me. I have had the FF quit on me in middle of races. Hasn't happened since I quit using the profiler, but I can't prove it was due to the profiler. Since then someone suggested "ctrl-c" to reinitialize controller. I don't know if that would have helped me or not as I didn't think of it when it happened. And as Doorman said, if you use DFP, you need to use the profiler for the rotation stops. I have a Momo, so....
Quote from Doorman :I confess to being a Profiler fan. One of the main reasons, apart from the button thing, is that it actually provides a 'force feedback' stop to the rotations. While the DFP has a rotation of 900 degrees you don'y really need that much, not in LFS anyway. If you set the rotation to 720 degrees you get a 'stop' at that setting or any rotation you like.
How does it 'fubar' games? I am interested to know.

Buggers up button asgnments, particularly it makes it a twat to set things up the way I want. I simply got fed up with it after the first year of use. I've had my wheel 5 years...
Quote from Seahorse :Buggers up button asgnments, particularly it makes it a twat to set things up the way I want. I simply got fed up with it after the first year of use. I've had my wheel 5 years...

Ahah! That'll be an early version then. 4.60 is not the same evil monster. Also it seems to me that Momo owners were the most affected. Wheel not centreing properly. Well that was fixed in a patch. Hey! What am I defending Logitech for? They're big enough to look after themselves. I state again though, if you've got a DFP you'd be crazy not to use profiler.
Quote from Doorman :Ahah! That'll be an early version then. 4.60 is not the same evil monster. Also it seems to me that Momo owners were the most affected. Wheel not centreing properly. Well that was fixed in a patch. Hey! What am I defending Logitech for? They're big enough to look after themselves. I state again though, if you've got a DFP you'd be crazy not to use profiler.

Yeah, I gave up on the profiler for a loooong time as well... Now that I have a DFP I came running back to it, because basically it's impossible to enjoy it without the profiler.

Logitech Profiler
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG