4th April 60 Lap GP
(83 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Which car and track Please pick

Closed since :
CARS: XFR + UFR
TRACK: Fern Bay GOLD
TRACK: South City LONG
CAR: RB4
i knew the little shitbrick would sign up after me lol. i think we should already have an endu set gagalicious
Quote from garph :Can you sign me up please franky, the sign up link is not working for me.

lol. its beyond you ey :P
got my pb down to 1:22.03 on a set for a different track
Quote from dadge :got my pb down to 1:22.03 on a set for a different track

Yeah that set was really good, I'll be defo using that for next week.
Quote from The Moose :Thanks for your help

Now you make me feel sorry for you! If we see each other on track before hand you can have my set m8.
can i race or not ?

now........ i see the sign up links
grrrrrrrr
Quote from Arrow. :can i race or not ?

Sign up as a reserve - people often drop out and you'll get a place at the last minute. Sometimes its very last minute lol - I had to miss one once because I decided to work late and the office is an hour from home. I was on reserve and got a place about 30mins before

If loads of people sign up then another server will be up I expect.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Now you make me feel sorry for you! If we see each other on track before hand you can have my set m8.

Thanks..i'll be hunting you out then
good racing last night lads. i managed to get my pb down to a 1:21.45 and that was in race trim (low fuel tho). if the practice is anything to go by, the gp should be tight
Quote from dadge :good racing last night lads. i managed to get my pb down to a 1:21.45 and that was in race trim (low fuel tho). if the practice is anything to go by, the gp should be tight

hmm - wish I could say the same. I'm struggling to familiarise myself with FWD again. Been a while.
Must race you lads, gimme a shout on MSN dadge when the action is on .
Sadly Ive been confirmed as having band practice on Weds 4th, so wont be able to take part in the GP. I look forward to them starting up on a sunday again though, should be good fun!

Thanks again for some fun racing Weds evening, I'll definately keep an eye out for the results next week!
so there's a spot left then. that should be gone in no time at all.
Should we have a safety car involved due to the track we are using, that involves a lot of barriers, and a great possibility of a t1 carnage on first lap?
tbh, i don't think we have ever needed a SC. yellow flag situations are pretty much self contrained in the 60 lap gp. although i do see your concern, but i think you underestimate the quallity of the drivers. as i said in the server tonight......if you have done 250 laps practice by wednesday then i think everything should be sweet.
Ive done about 10, possibly.. But Im a GP Vet. XFR + South City are my two favs in LFS, so there shouldnt be an issue. I wont be able to practice this till perhaps tuesday evening now, as League Practice comes first.
Yep - my plan is to let anyone past who wants to at the start and try and find some clear air. Slow and steady is always the way with the GP (for a slow driver like me anyway). I think slow and steady is even more important at this track.
yeah this track will take small bites out of your car, and before you know it......if hammered. i found my race pace is about 1:22.5x to 1:23.1x (depending on traffic. and my qually pace is 1:21.3x it's just a matter of putting in enough practice laps me finx (i've got 210 under my belt for now)
Quote from dadge :yeah this track will take small bites out of your car, and before you know it......if hammered. i found my race pace is about 1:22.5x to 1:23.1x (depending on traffic. and my qually pace is 1:21.3x it's just a matter of putting in enough practice laps me finx (i've got 210 under my belt for now)

Very true - I've done a long race here before and you only need to catch the side quite gently and each time you get a tiny bit of damage. Before you know it you're shedding seconds a lap and are forced to pit.
I'm really struggling to find a way to keep my right front tire temp down. If i drive conservatively enough to keep the temp down enough with my current setup I'm miles off the pace.

Anyone care to give me any tips? And what sort of strategy do you guys use pit stop wise?

I'm just totally n00b like when it comes to GP length races in the XFR in LFS. I realise you prob don't want to give too much away, but a few pointers in the right direction would help a lot
Quote from The Moose :I'm really struggling to find a way to keep my right front tire temp down. If i drive conservatively enough to keep the temp down enough with my current setup I'm miles off the pace.

Anyone care to give me any tips? And what sort of strategy do you guys use pit stop wise?

I'm just totally n00b like when it comes to GP length races in the XFR in LFS. I realise you prob don't want to give too much away, but a few pointers in the right direction would help a lot

Being smooth is important, period, that goes for all cars really. Try not to go foot down on the brakes and accelerator, because you'll give your right front a hard time keeping the tyres cool for the race. Try not to touch the barriers either, it can be costly.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Being smooth is important, period, that goes for all cars really. Try not to go foot down on the brakes and accelerator, because you'll give your right front a hard time keeping the tyres cool for the race. Try not to touch the barriers either, it can be costly.

Yup, i realise that. I've been running in the endurance races on the STCC servers on Saturdays and have had no problem doing 40 odd lap races on one set of tires in the FXO/XRT, or 30 lap races in nKPro for that matter. I can keep it smooth and fast.
It just seems to be the XFR I'm having problems with. It probably all down to the setup I'm using. And it's really my own fault 20 years of sim racing and i haven't learnt anything more than the very basics of setting up cars.
Time to do a crash course on getting the XFR set up
due to the nature of the track, it will be impossible to get any kind of control over the front right. so all you have to do is test your set until one or more tyres blow. gag and i did this today and we are happy with the results
Hey guys any chance i can come 10mins before the race?
So that will be 5:50am instead of 5:00am for me

i will definitly be there for the race! at 20:00UTC
Quote from The Moose :I'm really struggling to find a way to keep my right front tire temp down. If i drive conservatively enough to keep the temp down enough with my current setup I'm miles off the pace.

The front right gets v hot in this car round this circuit because these little things have so much more power than the TBO class. Also slicks and not road tyres.

We will all be struggling with the same problems. I make sure I have plenty of oversteer in my set to help keep the tyre temp down. Also, I always try and use the minimum amount of steering lock possible for a turn.

Braking late increases tyre temps a lot. If you can brake a tiny bit earlier at T1 you will generate a lot less heat in the front right and it doesn't cost too much time.

Just try not to let the car understeer for long periods - this is what creates heat in the front right.

As for pit strategy, because setups and driving style affect how long the tyres will last you really have no choice but to do a long test or simply risk it.

I will be risking it lol - haven't got time to do the testing

btw - its good to see a few new faces for this GP - welcome to you all.
This thread is closed

4th April 60 Lap GP
(83 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG