The online racing simulator
1600 Starlet Cup
(65 posts, started )
1600 Starlet Cup

1600 Starlet Cup

There was once a great car, the old toyota starlet. with its hatchback design, nippy engine and its Rear Driven drivetrain, it became a great legend among alot of people.

The starlet came with a 1500cc SOHC Carbed engine, but it was common to swap a 1600cc DOHC Fuel Injected engine.

And i wanted to re-create this league in LFS, of course, theres no starlet in LFS, but the XFG is close enough, but the XFG comes with a 1300cc Engine...

Well, heres the First Tweaked league.

The league will use a tweaked XFG File, using a 1600cc engine, producing just over 210hp, with a RWD Drivetrain, gripping the road with 13" slicks.

The car, i have to say, is brutal. The car isnt overly tweaked to insane power, its quite "subtle" for what it is, and very nippy with the slicks, but, it isnt a car to be messed with, it needs skill to drive it.

Rules will be the same as most leagues, regarding contact, Pace cars, safety laps etc.

The league will be run over a year, with 24 race meets, 1 meet every 2 weeks, each meet consisting of 2 heat races, 1 full distance race, and the first being 1/2 the distance of the feature race. each race has a 30 minute qualifying session (The first race using the qualiying position, and the second race using the 1 race finishing positions in finishing order)

Thisleague has potential, and a server is being sorted out to have this tweaked XFG running on it, available for public practice.

C&C Is appreciated
Quote from djgizmo68 :

1600 Starlet Cup

There was once a great car, the old toyota starlet. with its hatchback design, nippy engine and its Rear Driven drivetrain, it became a great legend among alot of people.

The starlet came with a 1500cc SOHC Carbed engine, but it was common to swap a 1600cc DOHC Fuel Injected engine.

And i wanted to re-create this league in LFS, of course, theres no starlet in LFS, but the XFG is close enough, but the XFG comes with a 1300cc Engine...

Well, heres the First Tweaked league.

The league will use a tweaked XFG File, using a 1600cc engine, producing just over 210hp, with a RWD Drivetrain, gripping the road with 13" slicks.

The car, i have to say, is brutal. The car isnt overly tweaked to insane power, its quite "subtle" for what it is, and very nippy with the slicks, but, it isnt a car to be messed with, it needs skill to drive it.

Rules will be the same as most leagues, regarding contact, Pace cars, safety laps etc.

The league will be run over a year, with 24 race meets, 1 meet every 2 weeks, each meet consisting of 2 heat races, 1 full distance race, and the first being 1/2 the distance of the feature race. each race has a 30 minute qualifying session (The first race using the qualiying position, and the second race using the 1 race finishing positions in finishing order)

Thisleague has potential, and a server is being sorted out to have this tweaked XFG running on it, available for public practice.

C&C Is appreciated

Oh oh! Can I be your safety car?!?!?

Please??? lol.
Id rather a more, mature person, who doesnt stick "lol" after every post he makes, drive the safety car.
May I be the pace car? I am mature. Well kind of. I don't put "lol" after each of my posts.

Thanks, Kenneth
Well see who does what.

i first want to see some interest in this league.
Alright i'll check back in a bit.
Just to give an idea of the race layout.

it will be based mid-evening time, on thursdays.

Times are an example

1800-1830 - Qualify
1830-1835 - Rest and Grid Setup
1835-1850 - Heat Race (11 laps)
1850-1855 - Rest and Grid Setup
1855-1925 - Feature Race (22 laps)

----------------------------------------
Basic Rules (To be expanded and detailed)

Car Setups

All Modifyable Fields are Free, Although, there Should be NO Passengers present in your car (Unless Stated)

Fair Racing

Full Contact is not allowed, minor taps and bumps are permitted.

If you gain a position, while not being on the road surface, you should forfiet your position to the drivers who you overtook, otherwise a penatly will occur.

----------------------------
TBC
Oi Giz, depending on what days it falls on, I'll be a safety car!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Oi Giz, depending on what days it falls on, I'll be a safety car!

Aslong as you dont roll it....
Now to wait for Sam to arise, so I can scream at him with my amazing break thrus at cutting down a version of S2 Patch V into a suitable dedicated box.
Been waiting for sam since 10 this morning, with no reply on TS....
I think you'll have trouble running tweak on a dedicated server because tweak works by modifying memory addresses, and they will be different on the dedicated server than they are to the client programs memory addresses.

I guess this is the nail in the coffin of Stock Hatch then?
Dustin did alot of research for me in the forum of getting tweak running on a dedicated host.

The only was that it can really be done, is the server having its own Directory on the UKCT Server, then LFS actually open, and hosting it that way, because LFStweak, doesnt recognise the LFS Dedicated host program. So, LFS itself will have to be running.

The only problem with doing that, it uses alot of ram (200mb+), which, would interfeer, and slow the other servers down.

So dustin created a bare Minimum LFS Package, using 6mb of ram.

So, with this bare package, run LFS, set the host up in LFS and host it, Then minimise it etc, Load LFS Tweak, Load the tweak file, and all should be good. because the memory address should be the same as the hosts, since the host is using tweak. Aslong as people load the tweak file before they join the server, all should run good. but until sam awakes on Team Speak, i cant really begin anything and test it out.

PS - I think we knew SH was dead, considering over half the people last race, was brung in on late notice, and wasnt official drivers.

This league has potential, more than SH anyways...
Interesting, if it works (tweaking on a server online), and the league is a tad more organised than the SH was, then I could very well be interested......
it will be more organised than SH, For instance, the Footage is being thrown out the window currently.

it will use Full Safety car rules and such, the car itself is unique.

The AI Seem to use it better than the XFG itself!
i would like too do this league,will be interesting to see !pm me if its a deffinate. Thanks kevin
I think ill upload the tweak file soon, as soon as we get the server sorted out, because it isnt for the faint of heart.

THEN decide if your interested
Quote from djgizmo68 :Id rather a more, mature person, who doesnt stick "lol" after every post he makes, drive the safety car.

Well guess what? Thats my signature word.

If your not gonna let me drive it for just having "lol" after each post then you arn't that good of a man now are you?
No lol for u.
#19 - Jakg
all i can ask is "when"?

It sounds like fun (210 hp rear wheel drive car + slicks = MMMMMM) but i have GCSE's in the first half of June, so i'll just wait and see
O yeah also for the people who have Patch W there isn't a Tweak for Patch W ATM that i know of.

I found this out the hard way last night lmao.
#21 - Jakg
its for V only - like it says in the first post...
Quote from djgizmo68 :minor taps and bumps are permitted

thats a bit of a worry
otherwise it sounds interesting
Quote from Jakg :its for V only - like it says in the first post...

K then I never saw that.

Also probably never saw the rule in his post either:
"People who put "lol" at the end of their posts ,serious or just a trait, is not eledgible for Safety Car driver reguardless of their experience"
Quote from Shotglass :thats a bit of a worry
otherwise it sounds interesting

Its no worrying, i was just stating that minor bumps and taps while racing wont be penalised hard.

The only problem now, is actual getting Tweak to run on UKCT's Dedicated Host, otherwise....
3 questions.

1. is stock hatch officially dead? yes/no answer will do
2. has it been testet that tweak actually works on a dedi server like Becky Asked?
3. What are the dates?

1600 Starlet Cup
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG