The online racing simulator
Best Method of Patching from Old Patch T?
Hi all,

Been away from LFS for a while and now trying to get back up to speed here from Patch T. My game can't find the Master Server now, so what is the best method for me to get patched up to date?

Thanks in advance.
Just download the full version W.
Well there has only been U, V and W since T but no major changes so you might be able to get all the patches, if not then obviously just download a complete new version of liveforspeed.net
What's the procedure if I DL the whole version W? Do I have to uninstall S2 (version T) before installing W?

Thanks in advance.
#5 - Gunn
Quote from Benneyb :What's the procedure if I DL the whole version W? Do I have to uninstall S2 (version T) before installing W?

Thanks in advance.

No, just unpack the new W version to a new location on your drive, it won't affect or be affected by the old one. After you unpack it and run it, you will be asked to unlock it. Use your game password to do this.
Thanks Gunn - sorry for the stupid question, but why would I want 2 versions of S2 on my drive?

I should just delete version T afterwards, no? I'm running short on disk space and have to conserve!

Quote from Gunn :No, just unpack the new W version to a new location on your drive, it won't affect or be affected by the old one. After you unpack it and run it, you will be asked to unlock it. Use your game password to do this.

#7 - Davo
If you download the whole new version of W not just the small update patch then extract W over the top of T making sure that you overwrite everything.
Many thanks guys.
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Benneyb :Thanks Gunn - sorry for the stupid question, but why would I want 2 versions of S2 on my drive?

I have several versions on my PC, mainly for testing. I always make a new "install" and try it before I lose my older one that I know works already. That's one of the things I love about LFS, there's no real Windows installation going on.

Just unpack, unlock and go racing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG