The online racing simulator
actor eddie griffin wrecks an enzo
(61 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :argh, can't they use a dummy for the carrera GT?

He was busy behind the camera at the time ...
Eddie Griffin's an idiot, he's movie are junk, and "redline" looks to be no better.

However, the REAL Bozo Idiot is the movie's producer, who own(ed) said enzo. He basically made this movie to promote all the cars he owns (enzo, carrera gt, saleen s7, etc.) with some really cheesey driving and special effects.

They also totaled TWO (2) Carrera GT's making this stupid stupid movie. Big thumbs down.
TWO (2) REAL CARRERA GT ? :splando:

:woohoo:
Quote from srdsprinter :Eddie Griffin's an idiot, he's movie are junk, and "redline" looks to be no better.

However, the REAL Bozo Idiot is the movie's producer, who own(ed) said enzo. He basically made this movie to promote all the cars he owns (enzo, carrera gt, saleen s7, etc.) with some really cheesey driving and special effects.

They also totaled TWO (2) Carrera GT's making this stupid stupid movie. Big thumbs down.

Maybe they were trying to recreate 200 car crashing scene in Blues Brothers, just with supercars. illepall
I wish it was that, but blues brothers and this shouldn't ever be used in the same sentance, paragraph, or conversation.

The producer/director guy clearly is an idiot with no care for his nice cars or skill in filmmaking.

The sad thing is the movie uses the lame 5 mph chases with rediculous camera angles to attempt the look of speed, resulting in viscious headaches.

And yes, 2 carrera gt's needed to die for this... wth
Quote from hrtburnout :And you claim LFS barriers are unrealistic?

That made me LOL

I was thinking about the LFS barriers when I saw him crash it on the news that night.
I saw the video, it looked like he was doing about 30-35 mph.
I dunno, If you're going to pay 1.5 mil for a car, it should have not only NOT have a dent in it. the concrete barrier he hit should of been shattered into fragments. just what good is a car like that if it totals out on a crash that small? I mean yeah, he hit it pretty good, but not THAT hard
I've seen motorcycles slam into those types of barriers at even higher speed and get less damage.
If the car were that rigid that it didnt have a dent in it and the concrete barrier was shattered then you would quite possibly be reading about the death of Eddie Griffin during a promotion for his film. Cars are designed to crumple so that your body doesnt have to absorb all of the impact of the crash. Many, many race drivers were killed back in the days when they thought the best way to protect a driver in a crash was to make the car as rigid as possible for that very reason. I would guess even at 30 miles an hour a crash like that could be fatal if neither the car nor the barrier gave an inch. That would be like pulling a helluva lot of g's which would be basically the same as having an unbelievable amount of weight on your chest from the seatbelt. I know im not sounding too technical here.
#59 - JJ72
Quote from Racer Y :I saw the video, it looked like he was doing about 30-35 mph.
I dunno, If you're going to pay 1.5 mil for a car, it should have not only NOT have a dent in it. the concrete barrier he hit should of been shattered into fragments. just what good is a car like that if it totals out on a crash that small? I mean yeah, he hit it pretty good, but not THAT hard
I've seen motorcycles slam into those types of barriers at even higher speed and get less damage.

cos a bike is much lighter and compact, it will just bounce off all togther.
#60 - J.B.
Quote from KurtG85 :If the car were that rigid that it didnt have a dent in it and the concrete barrier was shattered then you would quite possibly be reading about the death of Eddie Griffin during a promotion for his film. Cars are designed to crumple so that your body doesnt have to absorb all of the impact of the crash. Many, many race drivers were killed back in the days when they thought the best way to protect a driver in a crash was to make the car as rigid as possible for that very reason. I would guess even at 30 miles an hour a crash like that could be fatal if neither the car nor the barrier gave an inch. That would be like pulling a helluva lot of g's which would be basically the same as having an unbelievable amount of weight on your chest from the seatbelt. I know im not sounding too technical here.

Oh please, @ 1.5 million, you don't think they coulda had an AM/FM stereo with a g force displacement shield? Or at the very least, an ejector seat?
I'm sorry but if I'm going to pay that much for an overpriced YUGO, it should have some physics defying characteristics as well as under chassis neon.

Seriously, I know all that. I've seen old photos of car wrecks where the cars look relatively unscathed, yet the occupants were totalled out.
Before they put shoulder straps in for the back seat passengers, some people advised them not to wear them as just having the belt across your waist caused alot of internal injuries during low speed wrecks (this was before crumple zone design)

actor eddie griffin wrecks an enzo
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG