The online racing simulator
Experimenting with Exhaust Pulse
i just stumbled upon the possibility to save and load exhaust pulse pcm .wav data into the ingame "shift+a - soundeditor"... i fiddled around and got this...

sounds a bit like a limousine but nice i think... maybe you can do that without a .wav but for experimenting, save the original .wav BEFORE you load my celica.wav (a snippet of the original motorsound but one hundredth second doesn't give that much authenticity)

to have it run you have to load my XRG_celica.eng AND the celica.wav pulse... (files have to be extracted to x:\lfs\data\engine\)

because of forbidden .wav file i did a .rar archive. as i read a post from DaveWS experimenting with goldwave in this thread/post -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=321062#post321062 there is more potential in these pulse .wavs than "very very little" just compare the original with loading my changed .wav

i'm going to experiment for a while now...

edit: UF1 on BL1 does backfire! i don't know if it is a bug?! or has something in relation with sound and clipping (which could be different on different systems?!) but it sounds good for the beginning of testing... the car sound is a bit strange for UF1 though. i would like to have feedback on this. it doesn't backfire very often.. about 10 times in one lap... reving is also good sound...
Attached files
celica.rar - 147.7 KB - 582 views
UF1_backfire_BL1.rar - 177.5 KB - 468 views
that backfire is extreme clipping i think???
Quote from DrFred :because of forbidden .wav file i did a .rar archive. as i read a post from DaveWS experimenting with goldwave in this thread/post -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=321062#post321062 there is more potential in these pulse .wavs than "very very little" just compare the original with loading my changed .wav

Actually that post was written before I started to understand / explore what difference that sample can make. My sounds have edited-by-me pulse samples.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG