The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V6 (now V9) compatible with V
(110 posts, closed, started )
grr.... I still can't get the 7-Zip stuff to work
#52 - JTbo
Quote from X-Ter :grr.... I still can't get the 7-Zip stuff to work

But it is .exe, you just run it and it extract itself to LFS folder? So you don't need to even install 7-Zip for it to work, how you have been trying to install patch?
I don't really know if this fits here and I apologise if not, but as you were working on LOD on these test patches...

Running at 1280*1024*32; details see screenshot

The pit out line becomes visible at a very short distance
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
lfs_00000016.jpg
@ JTbo
I know how it should work but it doesn't. It keeps giving me error messages, no matter what. And yes, I've deleted and redownloaded (several times) to rule out the possibility of a corrup download. And yes, I did empty the temporary internet files folder. Still, I get the same error message. The same I've gotten with every 7-Zip archive I've downloaded from here. It just doesn't work on my system.

--- Edit ---
Diagnostic message attached.
Attached images
7zipdiagmess.jpg
Thankyou very much
Quote from X-Ter :@ JTbo
I know how it should work but it doesn't. It keeps giving me error messages, no matter what. And yes, I've deleted and redownloaded (several times) to rule out the possibility of a corrup download. And yes, I did empty the temporary internet files folder. Still, I get the same error message. The same I've gotten with every 7-Zip archive I've downloaded from here. It just doesn't work on my system.

--- Edit ---
Diagnostic message attached.

That's opening it through 7-zip. Have you tried just double clicking the exe?
Good call, but I just tried it and I can open the exe files even with 7zip itself, so it's really something on his system screwing up
X-Ter: I think it's time you examen the "tubes" between you and the server. There's been nothing wrong with the files, so either it's a poor connection somewhere or PEBKAC.
#60 - JTbo
Quote from AndroidXP :Good call, but I just tried it and I can open the exe files even with 7zip itself, so it's really something on his system screwing up

Could be antivirus software too, I have found Panda and F-Secure at least being quite irritating with .exe archives, they broke them or freeze your system or just lock files and anything like that, really bad antivirus software and in case of F-secure it is not enough if you turn it off, only uninstalling will stop it messing with files.
Quote from tristancliffe :That's opening it through 7-zip. Have you tried just double clicking the exe?

No, that's what I get when double clicking the .EXE.

Quote from AndroidXP :Good call, but I just tried it and I can open the exe files even with 7zip itself, so it's really something on his system screwing up

Well I installed the latest 7-Zip and tried to open it with the program, but I do get the same message then.

The file I get when downloading is 2 189 201 bytes (2.08Mb) big, is this right?

--- edit ---
maybe we should have a 7-Zip troubles spinoff thread instead of clogging up the patch thread?
#62 - JTbo
Quote from X-Ter :No, that's what I get when double clicking the .EXE.

Well I installed the latest 7-Zip and tried to open it with the program, but I do get the same message then.

The file I get when downloading is 2 189 201 bytes (2.08Mb) big, is this right?

--- edit ---
maybe we should have a 7-Zip troubles spinoff thread instead of clogging up the patch thread?

Mine is 2.08 MB (2 189 296 bytes) and size on disk is 2.09 MB (2 195 456 bytes), this is for V8 patch. Certainly it looks like that something has snipped few kb from your file.

Try to turn off your antivirus and download + install again.

7-Zip troubles should indeed be in own thread.
V5 is causing Panda Internet Security to crash. Might be an issue with Panda, since I don't like the fact that a program is able to (on purpose or by accident) crash my firewall.
hi,

i´ve got an error while running in hotlap modus. (V8)

hope the message can help.

Jatino
just had a crash while closing lfs (patch v7).

crash adress: 0x00000000004dc13f
pop up issue
I´ve experienced the same pop up issue as GeForz.

I´ve never had such pop ups in LFS running 1280x1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, maximum detail + hires skies and hires texture pack except one pop up that always appears: Crossing the finishing line at Blackwood the tribune beside the first chicane is always drawn visibly, no matter what level of detail.

The hires mirrors add is a tiny but great innovation!
Quote from dodo.ger :just had a crash while closing lfs (patch v7).

crash adress: 0x00000000004dc13f

Thanks for the crash address - but it's strange - I can't see why that crash could have happened.

Can you remember some more information about it, like what track you were on, if it was single player, multiplayer, and exactly how you closed down LFS, and at what point the crash came... any other info you can think of.
Quote from JaTiNo :hi,

i´ve got an error while running in hotlap modus. (V8)

hope the message can help.

Jatino

That is strange as well! How did it happen, did it come up while you were driving? Did it just happen once or can you make it come up again?
exelent a new patch. As I say "A patch a day keeps the bugs away" (couldn't help myself )
I want to go back to the original V sounds, how could i do this, whilest maintaining all the features of test patch 8?
Quote from NeilPearson :I want to go back to the original V sounds, how could i do this, whilest maintaining all the features of test patch 8?

Guess just copy data/engine/*_default.eng files from V to V8. Maybe also shift + A, click PACK, type 'default'.
works great for me. overall the biggest change i found was the increase in smoothness of the game. gave me a couple of extra fps and i needed those. as i usually run on 20-25 fps.
looking forward to new patches.
great work devs
so far so good to me as well! Haven't experienced any hangs on V8 and the fps really do seem to be smoother now. Thanks for your hard work!
Thanks! I'm pleased it's smoother for most people!

I've just uploaded V9 which has two fixes (one small and one big) and more updated translations.

1) If a host was full but still had admin slots free, the full filter did not filter it out in List of Games.

2) Hosts could only store up to 88 bans and if a ban file with more than 88 (created in an external editor) was loaded, LFS would crash. The limit is now 400 banned users and there will be no crash if that limit is exceeded.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V6 (now V9) compatible with V
(110 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG