The online racing simulator
Remove requirement for clutching to change gears
I have a Logitech G25 and would like the option to be able to at least select neutral without the clutch. (with auto clutch off)

if I can pull my stick into neutral (I can, its a joystick) It shoud go into neutral.

I like having to match revs to get it into the next gear but an option to slip into the next gear regardless would be nice too.
#2 - JJ72
well actually you can, as long as your are not under throttle (more precisely, just stay on the throttle so the revs stay at a certain level) you can pull out into neutral. if your keep power on the gearbox will be locked into gear.

so basically you can flat shift, if that's what you want.
Thanks for the replies but:

I think you missed my point. In a real car I would not be able to move the stick out of neutral under heavy load but as It's a joystick "I can" I would just like the option to have it go into neutral because if in a real car the gearstick was in neutral, it's not in gear. (the current method allows you to cheat somewhat by changing gear then clutching afterwards for a fraction of the time it takes to change gears)

It would still be cool to have to match the revs to get it into the next gear and you could even add some crunching sounds if you dont get it right.

My improvement suggestion is to add an option to choose how I'd like it to behave. I realize the reasoning behind the current method and that alot of you like it how it is. I don't want to force it on all, just have the option.

:?)
#5 - Gunn
In my old Cortina I could barely grab neutral under load. It was very hard to move the stick into neutral without finding the "sweet spot" in the rev range with the clutch engaged. Eventually I accidentally tore the stick right out of the box while trying to elude the police.
I actually think that this is a good suggestion: When my G25 shifter is in neutral, the LFS car should be in neutral too. And when my G25 shifter is in third gear, the LFS car should be in third gear too. However, it would be even cooler if there's an awful grinding noise if you put the shifter into a gear without clutching...

And when on the subject: It would be very cool if we finally get real racing /dog gearboxes for the GTR's/single seaters...
Quote from severin_schoepke :And when on the subject: It would be very cool if we finally get real racing /dog gearboxes for the GTR's/single seaters...

how would you be able to tell the difference unless lfs would offer support for shifting with a (really strong) ffb joystick
I suggested this a few weeks ago. It can be done, but it ist'nt very realistic. It can make your shiufts extremely quick, thats the upside. Im guessing this is all going to be included in the patch (naybe not w) when the clutch see's better modeling.
I think I am going to try to experament with clutch slippage in LFS, Using RAF data.
Quote from Gunn :Eventually I accidentally tore the stick right out of the box while trying to elude the police.

LOL!! what happened then? you got caught or not?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG