The online racing simulator
First Render
(20 posts, started )
#1 - kyler
First Render
Here is my first render and i think it is good but its a scene i want a cmx importer for 3ds max 9. and i want to learn how to make mirror floors and i think it looks good but better if i had cmx importer....

P.S Crashgate Can u send me thos rims u made for my render xtreme drifters thxs
Attached images
first render.jpg
#2 - kyler
sooooo.... uh.... what u think
Err.. Nothing special?
Also why is it so blurry?

But it's nice for a firstie
#4 - joen
It's a pre-made scene that's being used for 90% of the LFS renders I see. There's not really much to think about it. You just changed a skin and hit render. I don't want to sound mean, but you asked for an opinion

Why would it look better if you had the CMX importer?
#5 - Davo
Looks like it was resized or somethign to make it look blurry like that?

There really is no need for the cmx importer since you aleready have the pre made scenes. Why bother?
Looks good. Any first render that looks anything like its supposed to is a good one

Now you can start playing with the materials and environment to start adding your own mark to the scenes. Try starting with ground and apply different materials from the default library to see how they are made and what effects they produce.

Here's the rim I made: http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/DriftRim.zip

Unfortunately the brake disc is something I've been working on for a while, so can't include it.
#7 - kyler
bc i can move the wheels and crap and bc i can add more then one car with a diff skin thats y
#8 - kyler
#9 - kyler
ok here is my first true render it is mestup the rims are black somone tell me what i did worng??? this is not a scene.....
Attached images
first render mest.png
#10 - Davo
You've got something wierd happening on the hood too, windows are see through. cmX Importer?
yes and i got the rims fixed i added the ones crashgate put on here so they are fixed here is a better one. but witch part on the hood the reflection? davo its ur tutorial i used....
Attached images
first good render.jpg
I've found that quite a few of the cars, the smoothing groups need a bit of work in front of the windscreen, especially the XRG and XRT. Select the body, go into polygon mode (the same as with the wheels in the tutorial) and select all the polygons of the bonnet (hood, whatever and don't select the polys that make up the vent), then scroll the side panel down to the bottom and you'll find a grid of 40 or so numbers. These are the smoothing groups where you can group polygons together so they are smoothed together. With just those polys selected, click 'clear all' and then check '1'. This will smooth all the polys you have selected together, hopefully stopping the rogue refections.
are u talking about the dent?
how do u use the skyovercast.dds for the sky ??? is it enviroment? or what is it
Quote from Crashgate3 :Looks good. Any first render that looks anything like its supposed to is a good one

Now you can start playing with the materials and environment to start adding your own mark to the scenes. Try starting with ground and apply different materials from the default library to see how they are made and what effects they produce.

Here's the rim I made: http://www.freewebs.com/lpma/DriftRim.zip

Unfortunately the brake disc is something I've been working on for a while, so can't include it.

nice wheels!
eanybody???
#17 - Davo
Quote from kyler :yes and i got the rims fixed i added the ones crashgate put on here so they are fixed here is a better one. but witch part on the hood the reflection? davo its ur tutorial i used....

Ah k, I've never remade the XRT scene but like crashgfate said it;'s probably the smoothing groups. I've pretty much used the pre made scenes which Ian fixed up with smoothing groups etc. Have yopu got a skyligth box above the car? It should reflect off the window. Why do you want a sky texture indoors? It makes it look cheesy and unrealistic imo.

Anyway, goto the Render menu and under Environment add a picture there.
can i get somone to make me a garage scene and i can just import the cars im not good at making stuff yet... thxs if u can do it i just need the garage and i can add the car
a garage is not that "easy" to make, a good one could take hours or even days
can somone do it?

First Render
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG