The online racing simulator
JTbo style setups
(36 posts, started )
Quote from JTbo :Yes, by watching vid it is bit hard, so here are setups used, should make easier to compare to what one sees in video

I don't drive FWD shopping carts a lot (yes, I have serious attitude problem against FWD ), AWD a bit, but less nowdays, Visco at front is great in those, but RWD mostly and RAC quite bit now as I feel in it driving wrong has most realistic consequences.

Yes, surely we have different approach, but that I find interesting, then there is possibility of learning more

Ok, I try 68/35, but damn thing will understeer so much that I need to set quite different suspension for it.

Ok so soften off the front bump, ARBs and springs or stiffen the back. You'll get the balance back I'm sure. Remember that stiffening/softening affect live camber angles in bump. Good luck dude.
#27 - JTbo
Quote from Gentlefoot :Ok so soften off the front bump, ARBs and springs or stiffen the back. You'll get the balance back I'm sure. Remember that stiffening/softening affect live camber angles in bump. Good luck dude.

There is no ARB at rear in that car at all so that makes one setting less to fiddle with.
But what ever I did base remains same with that clutch pack diff setting, touch throttle at wrong place and tail overtook you faster you can say catch, so even it perhaps is quick setup, % of successful cornering is so low that only usable for hotlapping, imo.
10/10 setting is still faster no matter what I did to other settings. Also lost tail few times at braking, even mostly inner front locks up, but it can lock rears too with 68/35%, you never know, so bit hard to drive at corner with that, me not like

I can get to low 57 very easily with Viscous coupling, but with Clutch pack I spin very often when trying that, can get to mid 57 somehow, different suspension stiffness does not greatly influence to time either, just to how often I spin and what kind of situation.

Don't know, I'm just not compatible with LFS clutch pack diffs
When you look video, look that throttle bar and you see how I apply throttle, maybe that makes clutch pack useless to me, don't know.
Quote from JTbo :There is no ARB at rear in that car at all so that makes one setting less to fiddle with.
But what ever I did base remains same with that clutch pack diff setting, touch throttle at wrong place and tail overtook you faster you can say catch, so even it perhaps is quick setup, % of successful cornering is so low that only usable for hotlapping, imo.
10/10 setting is still faster no matter what I did to other settings. Also lost tail few times at braking, even mostly inner front locks up, but it can lock rears too with 68/35%, you never know, so bit hard to drive at corner with that, me not like

I can get to low 57 very easily with Viscous coupling, but with Clutch pack I spin very often when trying that, can get to mid 57 somehow, different suspension stiffness does not greatly influence to time either, just to how often I spin and what kind of situation.

Don't know, I'm just not compatible with LFS clutch pack diffs
When you look video, look that throttle bar and you see how I apply throttle, maybe that makes clutch pack useless to me, don't know.

Interesting stuff. What track config is it? I'll try and set one up myself when I get a chance.
#29 - JTbo
Quote from Gentlefoot :Interesting stuff. What track config is it? I'll try and set one up myself when I get a chance.

This time I have played at Aston Cadet, nice short track with lot of slow corners that really are making trouble for diff settings, there is also this nice downhill S curve that tests suspension really well.

Got 56.8x with Viscous coupling and 56.9x with clutch pack 10/15% setting, but still need to learn a bit of that track to get good time. Clutch pack with 10 powerside is actually not too bad, but don't know if it is really faster than Visco, regaining grip is harder with clutch pack and break off is more violent so that kills time quite easily still.
Quote from JTbo :This time I have played at Aston Cadet, nice short track with lot of slow corners that really are making trouble for diff settings, there is also this nice downhill S curve that tests suspension really well.

Got 56.8x with Viscous coupling and 56.9x with clutch pack 10/15% setting, but still need to learn a bit of that track to get good time. Clutch pack with 10 powerside is actually not too bad, but don't know if it is really faster than Visco, regaining grip is harder with clutch pack and break off is more violent so that kills time quite easily still.

Never turned a lap of that combo Although those times are similar to my times round there in the XRT. I'm setting up the XRT for KY Nat tonight for my teammates but I'll have a go at the RAC maybe tomorrow night and post the set here.
#31 - JTbo
I have now done some tweaking, to the point my neck is not allowing my head turn anymore, but now I managed to do faster setup with clutch pack 10/35%

I works somewhat at Aston Cadet, but don't know other tracks, understeers a bit too much perhaps, but it is compromises that must be made. Don't try to race with this at Aston Cadet, tires are burning if driven fast. Oh yes, gears are for some other track, haven't even touched those so use only 4 first gears, 5th is too tall and I think more time is wasted to shifting than what can be gained (flatshifting should cause autoban ).

Will be interesting to hear from your experiences in setting up this combo
Attached files
RA_pro_race7.set - 132 B - 186 views
#32 - JTbo
Made setup for LX6 in 5 minutes, did run 13 laps at Aston Club which I have not driven very much and got time of 1:10.45 which is not too fast I guess, but I think that with practise I could do better.

This time I did not used any formulas, just dragged sliders on place and did test drive, then adjusted bit more and there it was, quite fun to drive that is, certainly not best, but works really well for me and driving that is just too much fun.

Btw, I don't make sets for specific track as much as general setups so changing final drive should be enough to drive on new track, I really don't like to spent hours setting up car for every possible track combo

So I again update this when I get inspiration, try it and say how it fits to you or if it does not
Attached files
LX6_race_pro.set - 132 B - 913 views
Quote from JTbo :Made setup for LX6 in 5 minutes, did run 13 laps at Aston Club which I have not driven very much and got time of 1:10.45 which is not too fast I guess, but I think that with practise I could do better.

This time I did not used any formulas, just dragged sliders on place and did test drive, then adjusted bit more and there it was, quite fun to drive that is, certainly not best, but works really well for me and driving that is just too much fun.

Btw, I don't make sets for specific track as much as general setups so changing final drive should be enough to drive on new track, I really don't like to spent hours setting up car for every possible track combo

So I again update this when I get inspiration, try it and say how it fits to you or if it does not

I had lots of fun with Jtbo today driving with that setup
Its very easy to control with throttle, at least in a track with long curves like Westhill.
#34 - JTbo
New setup for LX6, bit faster than earlier version and maybe bit easier to drive too.
Attached files
LX6_race_pro2.set - 132 B - 953 views
Hey dude, sorry haven't had a chance to take the RAC round AS Cadet. Maybe sometime this week. Right into FOX at BLGP again for some reason. Down to 1:08.5s now
i'm using an 80/40 clutch pack in the RAC, combined with a relatively soft rear end. puts the power down without getting too tail happy and has half-decent turn in. still more stable on the gas than off though...

JTbo style setups
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG