The online racing simulator
#1 - Venus
Crashing problem. Won't start [found solution]
For some reason or other, my copy of LFS refuses to run anymore. I ran LFS Spotter, but it didn't work. I also ran momo, and just looked at it (curiosity); and since then (last night), every time I try to run it,
it tries to open, and within 1-3 seconds, I get the windows error msg (ie send msg to MS abour this error). I get no error code. I reinstalled it right over the top, since I could find no way to uninstall it, either in folder,
in Start/Programs, or in Add/Remove Programs. Then after reinstalling, I tried to run it again, but had exactly the same result. Crash.

Can someone tell me how to fix it please? The game was working fine yesterday, but after running MOMO, it just failed. All I did was run it (it brought up the momo dos shell, and I typed in Help to see the list of commands it offers. Then I exited it. From then on, LFS crashes without getting even remotely like starting. Can you help please???

Thanks

Venus
You don't have to uninstall LFS via the Add/Remove tool, cause LFS is a very clean application and does not install anything in you PC. A full LFS installment is just a folder.

You just unpack the original archive wherever you want and you have a new LFS installation, and/or delete the folder you previously unpacked LFS and it's gone/uninstalled. As simple as that.

So, to make a fresh install of LFS, just unpack the original LFS_V archive you already have to a different location than your previous one and you're done.

Then start your "fresh" LFS to see if the problem is still there.
#3 - Venus
Hi,

Fixed the problem. It was caused by a corrupted ban file in the misc folder. I'm member of wrecker barricade, and somehow, by updating the ban file with ban editor; corrupted it. That caused it to refuse to start.

Thank KMSpeed. You suggestion, pointed me to a method to solve it.

Venus

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG