The online racing simulator
TrackIR 4
(9 posts, started )
TrackIR 4
I'm tempted to buy one of these devices but £159 seems a lot of money for this. Has any one got any experiences of these devices that they wish to share?

Here's a link www.Edimensional.co.uk

GF
Recommended.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... p=2886586&postcount=4

Have since used it in GTR2 & NR2k3 which use 6DOF. Just very cool. Not an essential bit of kit, but certainly improves the fun factor for me.

Are you sure about £159 though? Just visited the site and listed as £82!
Not recommended. Adds very little immersion to the game, makes hitting apexs very difficult, hard to get sensitive enough to give a full range of head movement in game without being either twitchy or overly affected by body movement.

They are, however, quite nice to use whilst flying a Cessna over the Lake District or the Grande Canyon, so I'd recommend it to flight-sim buffs. Racing fans should use the money for better pedals or something instead.
Like Tristan said.

I can't drive with it. No matter if i play LFS, GTR, GTL it just distracts me too much. In Flight Simulator however the immersion is great, it really makes a difference there.
I can't drive without it now. It was a bit unsettlign at first, but now, not looking to the apex and racing in a crowd is veery difficult without it. Recommended.
I always figured (and IIRC Tristan agreed the last time this came up) that it would cause more problems than it solves. On the plus side you'd get more awareness of what's happening around the car, on the negative side you'd lose a lot of the feeling for whether the car is in under/oversteer because the rotation of your view is no longer completely controlled by your steering wheel.
I was interested because I like to drive in cockpit view with a narrow FOV. In many cars this means I can't see the whole of the door mirrors which is why I was considering this.

But because of the comments I feel I would lose too much. As there are no G-forces to be experienced in LFS the only way you know if the car is sliding is from visual reference and having that diluted by looking left and right can't be good.

Thanks for the replies.
I have ordered mine. Originally for the best WWII flight combat sim in the world (Battle of Britain: Wings of Victory) http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/bob/ Sorry about the plug. But TrackIR is awesome according to everyone I know that uses one.

That said. I am also going to give it some time in LFS and see if I can get used to it.

C.
I love my TrackIR!!
But I`m not using it in LFS since Kegety`s 5DOF app is not working anymore

TrackIR 4
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG