The online racing simulator
ScreenRacer, a new 3D Racecar Screensaver.
(12 posts, started )
The first release from ScreenRacer.com! Download the Demo!

The 3D Stockcar Screensaver featuring the voices of Jeff Hammond and Kenny Wallace! ScreenRacer is a 3D Race car screensaver experience like no other! It runs on Microsoft's DirectX technology using an advanced physics system to drive the vehicles. Each racecar uses a ridged racing AI system that will keep you glued to your monitor. You will never see the same race twice, because the program is AI driven. This program is a must for any racing fan!

* Included almost 150 audio clips from Jeff Hammond and Kenny Wallace.
* Enable/Disable all sounds, if you want to run the screensaver silent.
* Scalable settings allow users with slower computers to run the program, while fast computer can push the graphics.*
* Supports resolution up to 1200x1600.
* Comes with 2 race tracks, 1 mile short track & 2.25 mile speedway.
* Included are 12 unique race cars, with free car updates.
* Random car and track selection.

Visit www.screenracer.com for more info!

This is a project I've been testing for the last year. If you try it, feedback is appreciated. This is the first release and yes it's oval racing, but lined up is different cars, single seater and even pick-up truck and different courses and ovals. So stay tuned to the ScreenRacer site.
this is so amazing!! HOLY CRAP!! did you make it yourself? it freakin rule'z!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :this is so amazing!! HOLY CRAP!! did you make it yourself? it freakin rule'z!

I never made it, all the credit goes to Mike from www.screenracer.com. I've just been testing it to make sure it is of a high standered.
#4 - ORION
pfff screensaver
this is a game, not a screensaver
the starfield is even too cpu hungry for me lol
Does it run here in my 950mhz ? I hope, if LFs does run here, if a screensaver do not than its a lame screensaver
Quote from Slidaaaa :Does it run here in my 950mhz ? I hope, if LFs does run here, if a screensaver do not than its a lame screensaver

Try the demo and find out, you have nothing to lose.
dont be an ass J/K
#8 - X-Ter
I like the idea but...
It's slow as heck. 8FPS on an Dual Core AMD 5200+ with 2Gb RAM and a GeForce 7900, with the default settings (medium everything). That's to slow. It's not even funny. For this to sell, I'd say it needs to look as good as LFS and run as smooth.
So I give it A for originality but F for quality. If you get the FPS up along with much better image quality, and perhaps get a few roadcourse races (Grand-Am anyone?) in there, I'd say it's a winner.
Quote from X-Ter :I like the idea but...
It's slow as heck. 8FPS on an Dual Core AMD 5200+ with 2Gb RAM and a GeForce 7900, with the default settings (medium everything). That's to slow. It's not even funny. For this to sell, I'd say it needs to look as good as LFS and run as smooth.
So I give it A for originality but F for quality. If you get the FPS up along with much better image quality, and perhaps get a few roadcourse races (Grand-Am anyone?) in there, I'd say it's a winner.

Well, either you're lying about your system, or your system is lying to you.
I have a 'mere' 3400+ with 1gb ram and an X800GTO2, and it runs at maxed out framerates with every graphical option maxed out
i could run 12 cars at high resolution full AA with pretty much no slow downs. And i only have an Athlon XP 2500+, 1GB RAM, 9600XT.
Through the testing we've had nothing like this issue crop up. So I'm going to work with X-Ter to get the issue sorted out as quick as I can.
We have been testing ScreenRacer on a wide range of computers, slow and fast and operating systems and not had any issues running ScreenRacer. It was our aim to get screenracer running on real bottom line computers and not pile it with loads of effects that you needed a up-to-date system to use.

Quote from Jertje :Well, either you're lying about your system, or your system is lying to you.
I have a 'mere' 3400+ with 1gb ram and an X800GTO2, and it runs at maxed out framerates with every graphical option maxed out

Nope, no lies (why would I?). It just seems as there is an issue with what I got on my system or the settings I use.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG