The online racing simulator
New Fantasy track - Japanese circuit
after read this topic:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=21401

i got some ideas...

Well, im thinking in a fantasy racing track like some japanese circuits. Sugo, Motegi, Suzuka, Okayama. Infact a mix of some japaneses circuits, theres some nice layouts for make some great racing circuit. And some extra configurations for that track, like blackwood and autocross have. Maybe in a japanese circuit, will be cool have a mountain pass road configuration or a drift track configuration for the lfs drifters around here.

Well XRR remember a JGTC car, will be cool have another japanese track around and maybe some of these configurations. In that way the drifters will have the "right" place to "play" and we win another great track for race.

btw, mountain pass will be very relaxing thing "visit" with some LFS cars. Like FZ50, XF GTi, FXO and LX6... a configuration for "kill" the stress in our minds and body.

And no, im not a drifter or a japanese addicted like some people here and around the world. Im just see something i think will be cool to see in LFS and im suggesting for the developers, asking to the dev's to think about it. Soo... please don't kill me.

cya, best regards.
Kyoto is our Japanese track, do we need another one?

Seems like more people want something more historic, like Nurburgring, or hillclimb sort of foresty tracks.

Though, I don't even care what track we have next, no matter what environment, I just want MORE tracks!!!
Infact the non-oval configuration of Kyoto remember me a european racing circuit... not a Japanese circuit. This is why i here trying to give some ideas :P
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar
I would like to have Chinese or HK Circut....
I can honeslty say that I have never seen a Japanese circuit that interests me in the least. Especially Fuji.. what a god-awful track that is (IMHO, of course.) The only asian track I can think of that is interesting is Macau, but I don't think it's a very good track for circuit racing, because it's so tight in some areas. More reminds me of a tarmac rally stage tbh.

I agree with Tweak, though, I just want more tracks. Even if they aren't as interesting as something more European, it is another track for me to todle around on.
#6 - nihil
Quote from MAGGOT :I can honeslty say that I have never seen a Japanese circuit that interests me in the least.

I always liked Sugo, with that steep incline, a near double apex turn, then that rush downhill... Reminds me a bit of Brands. And Ebisu too... I'm no expert, only ever been to Japan once, but the thing that struck me is that its actually a very rural country and the circuits tend to be narrow, twisty, with lots of elevation changes. In this respect KY is very out of character.

Know what you mean about Fuji though....
I can't remember Sugo, actually. IIRC I was not impressed by it, but if I had another look my mind could be changed. I've never heard of Ebisu, I'll have to check it out.
Any new tracks should be set in a European country other than the UK. Potentially, I would move (maybe) Aston to ROI ...
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Lepletier :Infact the non-oval configuration of Kyoto remember me a european racing circuit... not a Japanese circuit.

I have to agree with that. But I don't think Kyoto Ring is trying to be representitive of the average Japanese race circuit, to be fair.

Anyways, Fern Bay more closely resembles the type of layouts that might be considered to have features similar to many Japanese circuits, IMO.
[OT]What was that really wide track adapted from an airfield in the US? Cleveland, I think, was featured in an old Papy nascar sim IIRC, then a version of it appeared for GPL, or was it EA's F1? My memory fails me.
Anyway, it was an interesting track to race as it was so wide, you could get 5 abreast no problem down the straights, some good, close racing there.[/OT]
Make one up from scratch instead of putting chunks of other tracks together. Take a ride around your town, find some corners you like and stick them together.

I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and we have some of the best roads in the country. Tight, twisty, fast, LOADS of elevation changes that could be used for for some Isle of Man type racing.

Use your imagination and see what you come up with.
Quote from MAGGOT :I can't remember Sugo, actually. IIRC I was not impressed by it, but if I had another look my mind could be changed. I've never heard of Ebisu, I'll have to check it out.

Sugo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-T5H5w05SQ

Ebisu is really a complex of different circuits, but the main one has the start/finish just over the crest of a hill - simple layout, but a few blind bends and some dramatic elevation changes make it interesting.

OT EDIT: Yeah, that's Cleveland you're thinking of... How wide?!!
Quote from nihil :
Ebisu is really a complex of different circuits, but the main one has the start/finish just over the crest of a hill - simple layout, but a few blind bends and some dramatic elevation changes make it interesting.

Jesus...looks like the Disney Land of motor racing!
Can't really make out anything from the Ebisu page. Anyone know of an on-board vid?

Sugo looks quite nice, the elevation changes look like fun. I'd have to see an on-board vid or try a relatively accurate version in a game to say whether or not i like it though.
Quote from MAGGOT :Can't really make out anything from the Ebisu page. Anyone know of an on-board vid?

Sugo looks quite nice, the elevation changes look like fun. I'd have to see an on-board vid or try a relatively accurate version in a game to say whether or not i like it though.

Sugo in-car camera...the driver aint half bad either : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXBRmXxIGdc
#17 - wark
Quote from Motordirex :Jesus...looks like the Disney Land of motor racing!

Uh, wouldn't that be Suzuka Land?
Is that like Canadia-land?

I do agree that Kyoto doesn't really have a japanese feel to it like it's supposed to, Maybe it needs a nice big Ferris Wheel in the infield of the oval?
Quote from wark :Uh, wouldn't that be Suzuka Land?

Never been to Suzuka Land, but I'll take your word for it.
#21 - wark

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG