The online racing simulator
Maybe Text to Speech in LFS?
(13 posts, started )
Okay I know I sound weird but picture this:

Your ingame winning a big race and someone texts to you while your going into a turn, you focus on the text and BAM! crash into a wall. Wouldn't it be better if you could hear what he was saying without looking up there?

With Text-to-speech you can!

UT2K4 has it so you can focus on the game.

Basicly it will have the default Microsoft Sam voice and any cuss or slurr words just will be skipped with a Beep or something.

It would make it better.

I know other people will say "Why not just get Teamspeak or Ventrillo!".

Some people might not have it, including who your talking to, so it might not be an option.

Comments?
Simple solution: read on the straights. You can bring up the chat log by pressing H if you happen to miss few lines.
that would be sooo annoying!
#4 - Venus
No thankyou... I'd hate that... be so damned annoying. I think you'd get nearly everyone turning it off, n never talking to anyone. lol

V
I'm listening to Microsoft Sam saying lol (x50)...

That is very annoying...

(Try it.)

Im just saying for it to be as an OPTION not have it on all the time.

Maybe make it change the voice to a sexy vixen or something..

That would be scary though when someone says a Yo Momma joke...lol.
#7 - wark
Ah, fond memories of Turok 2. . . . But not in LFS :P
No,no,no,no,no.
#9 - wark
Oh, yeah. To further shatter your dreams, there are way too many languages and dialects and accents to take into account. And on top of that people will be typing stuff like "tlolzpwnd u n00b."
Quote from wark :Oh, yeah. To further shatter your dreams, there are way too many languages and dialects and accents to take into account. And on top of that people will be typing stuff like "tlolzpwnd u n00b."

Yeah..

You do notice u typed a T before the lolz thing right?

Or have u been playing LFS too much? lol.

Nevermind Text to speech is a bad idea.

Someone close this topic please? lol.
#11 - wark
Quote from GruntOfAction :You do notice u typed a T before the lolz thing right?

Or have u been playing LFS too much? lol.

I was trying to be witty :magnify:
ah, text to speach. The only good use for it (and the only thing that made UT2k3/4 even remotely enjoyable) was to make them pronounce german curses with their crappy english ^^

"Doo beast eyen weaksir"
That would become annoying, you crash, you shout abuse and it happens to get picked up by your mic

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG