The online racing simulator
Sim racing injuries
(45 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
Sim racing injuries
Thread to post injuries you have got from sim racing

I typically get neck strain in 20 laps or so, sometimes can do even 100 laps, but usually lot less, keeps me stuck in bad times

Now yesterday got real injury I think, I have dfp and I have never kept shift paddles really bad, but yesterday my finger felt odd after few races, corner of paddle was feeling bit sharp that normally has not troubled, but problem is finger still today feels like it would been hit by a hammer, not much feeling in it, but feels funny when squeezed.

So has anyone else got some injuries you like to share for rest of us?
dfp box, when i bought it with the dfp felt on my tiny toe but that doesnt count i guess
I've hurt my thumb a few times by getting it stuck while the FFB is kicking in
Tristan got stabbed by G25 shift paddles when I raced him, but there was no blood as he is a witch!
Dont know if you can count this, but I have cartilage damage to both of my knees (from lots of hiking, jogging and cycling a few years back, I still do it all at times which does not help!)

But when in a long race, or race after race after race for a few hours my knees really ache! Its painful at times when I stand up again also
#6 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Tristan got stabbed by G25 shift paddles when I raced him, but there was no blood as he is a witch!

What is with G25 paddles, are those even more dangerous that these in dfp? I have heard lot of G25 paddles how those are dangerous

That is not anything abnormal to Tristan
Not so bad now as when I first got my G25, but I get bad leg ache in my left foot from having to hover it over the clutch pedal all the time.
#8 - CSU1
Went to shop and bought myself sennheiser earphones> went home got into fox on bl, crashed on lap 2 into pit wall> lost hearing in my left ear for two weeks
Quote from Blackout :Tristan got stabbed by G25 shift paddles when I raced him, but there was no blood as he is a witch!

Heheh, impressed you remembered.

It was the first weekend I had it (the G25), and I was playing with 720 degrees, and throwing the car around in silly slides a lot. On one particularly exciting slide, I managed to extend my finger a bit too much whilst the paddles were whipping past - it hit, and it hurt. It didn't break the skin.

And THEY put this nose on me, and the hat.
wait for it .... wait for it ... i punched myself in the crotch while trying hard to learn 720 drifting ... several times ... so if theres any lfs playing girl that doesnt want kids feel free to drop me a pm
Quote from Shotglass :wait for it .... wait for it ... i punched myself in the crotch while trying hard to learn 720 drifting ... several times ... so if theres any lfs playing girl that doesnt want kids feel free to drop me a pm

LOL sorry but that is quiet funny
Rsi
My left wrist often gets sore, it does most of the work on the wheel as my right hand is using the keyboard which is to my right.

When I got these momo pedals I had the habbit of curling my toes a bit, well a couple of times in my big right toe I got extreme cramp in it, wasn't really an injury but it was sore as feck.
i'm a mouser, so my right arm always gets cramped up during a long-ish race.
My g25 pedals sit under my desk and i pull them out by lifting the front with my foot and pulling them out but slipped n fell onto my other foot which hurts ALOT!!! (those who own a g25 you know how heavy they are)
Also get a sore foot from the side of the throttle pedal when heel and toe.
I had a paralytic (dictionary used.) left and right foot, and a painful left hand, because of my G25...

I had a paralytic left foot, because I was holding my foot in the air, untill I had to clutch...

I had a paralytic right foot, because of holding it in the air and throttle+brake instead of putting the foot on the plastic thing underneath.. (I still don't do that though... (too small))

and a painful left hand because of the FF... 0.o! I love my G25! =)
I have some sort of oval desk (Ikea ), it has a 90° angle. For some time I had my wheel not good centered to the screen, so my neck and back started to hurt after some laps. Fixed it now

i should become a painter
Oh yea, the best injury i've heard of was from Jonesy_...... We were doing a FZR race and at the end he was resting his head on his wheel, well I came along and smashed into him, the wheel burst his nose.

The bitching on TS was worth recording to, shame i'm no good at seeing the future.
Quote from Bawbag :Oh yea, the best injury i've heard of was from Jonesy_...... We were doing a FZR race and at the end he was resting his head on his wheel, well I came along and smashed into him, the wheel burst his nose.

Thats fantastic a recording of that conversation would have been priceless
Quote from tristancliffe :And THEY put this nose on me, and the hat.

But you turned me into a newt

Back on topic.
Both knees ache after 20 minutes and my neck stiffens and starts to hurt after about 40 minutes. And if I'm not carefull, I get aching wrists as well after a while. Dangerous stuff being a sim racer
Quote from X-Ter :But you turned me into a newt

Back on topic.
Both knees ache after 20 minutes and my neck stiffens and starts to hurt after about 40 minutes. And if I'm not carefull, I get aching wrists as well after a while. Dangerous stuff being a sim racer

Did you get bettuh?

My legs get tired if I play for 3 hours straight. I think that's the worst that ever happened.

Oh, some time ago I used the clutch pedal a lot. I was very good at hammering it multiple times in rapid succession as I downshifted while braking. When I went to bed, my left foot would twitch once in a while with the same motion.
Quote from Bawbag :My left wrist often gets sore, it does most of the work on the ...

... as my right hand is using the ...

So you're a left hander or a right hander?

---
Nah, no injuries here, although my previous racing chair was very uincomfortable making my back hurt and my ass also made some noisy opinions about it but my current self-built racing tuoli is just excellent. Some smaller incidents though, like I have few times played with earphones and crashed, the result being ear ache to some degree. I remember having some more "serious" incident but don't remember what it was... probably a memory loss...
Quote from Bawbag :When I got these momo pedals I had the habbit of curling my toes a bit, well a couple of times in my big right toe I got extreme cramp in it, wasn't really an injury but it was sore as feck.

When right-foot braking I curl my toes when coming off the brake pedal - can be a bit crampy after a few laps on reverse configs.
i dont know if this counts but when i was playing my PS2 i was using my old wheel and pedals and i was sooo annoyed i went to slam on the breaks but i missed and there was some drawing pins and well yea my foot slammed on them........****.......is all you heard!
Quote from ACCAkut :I have some sort of oval desk (Ikea ), it has a 90° angle. For some time I had my wheel not good centered to the screen, so my neck and back started to hurt after some laps.

same here, but different.. (and crappy)

btw, my CRT so big I can't move it straight in front of the wheel.

EDIT: removed the [img] tags, it was a bit big (sorry)
EDIT2: added the [img] tags, I resized it, (sorry)

Sim racing injuries
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG