The online racing simulator
[REQUEST/IDEA] Automarshally thingy
Now LFS has the new packet for yellow and blue flags, please could someone cook up an app that detects blue flags, and when a car is shown the blue flag for more than two sectors they get a drivethrough - but only when a specific licence name is not moving faster than 2kph? Potentially pit lane enforcing ideas.

MOD - Please rename this thread "[IDEA/REQUEST] Automarshally thingy" - done
What about if you have pitted, and are unlapping yourself by overtaking the slower racers who are now technically infront again? The blue flag shows on your screen once you have retaken them and are pulling away.
#3 - Davo
I've been in a situation where the blue flag has been shown for more than 2 sectors because the person lapping couldn't catch up. This would onyl work on a server where as soon as blue flag is displayed the person being lapped HAS TO yield no matter what. Would royally suck.
I dont think you should get a drive through for Blue flag.

it could become an instance were the person being blue flagged is faster than the person coming up behind, then later leaving them in the dust.
#5 - Gunn
Quote from duke_toaster :Now LFS has the new packet for yellow and blue flags, please could someone cook up an app that detects blue flags, and when a car is shown the blue flag for more than two sectors they get a drivethrough - but only when a specific licence name is not moving faster than 2kph? Potentially pit lane enforcing ideas.

MOD - Please rename this thread "[IDEA/REQUEST] Automarshally thingy" - done

It would have to be more than three sectors to be in line with real world rules, however as mentioned by others the idea is not workable at all. The blue flag is a warning, not a penalty in its own right and in some situations no penalty would ever be awarded.
#6 - bbman
Quote from Davo :I've been in a situation where the blue flag has been shown for more than 2 sectors because the person lapping couldn't catch up. This would onyl work on a server where as soon as blue flag is displayed the person being lapped HAS TO yield no matter what. Would royally suck.

Happened to me too... Took whole 3 or 4 laps till he got near enough for me to yield without stopping the car...
To be fair, I mentioned it for a league with short races - so there won't exactly be crateloads of lapping going on

The 2 (or is it 3) sectors IIRC is the rule in F1.
#8 - bbman
Quote from duke_toaster :To be fair, I mentioned it for a league with short - so there won't exactly be crateloads of lapping going on

It was a league race (pitting on a smaller track, you know)...

Quote from duke_toaster :The 2 (or is it 3) sectors IIRC is the rule in F1.

And no other series has a similar rule... So?
What about if the one behind you is faster than you (and <x Meters) and that is more than 2/3 sectors, you get a penalty, if you are faster (or almost faster, OR >x Meters away, then you get no penalty...

or something =P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG