The online racing simulator
Engine stall [added in patch 0.5Y]
Make it so if you stick it in gear and hold the brakes, you stall and have to re-start the engine etc.
lol yes we know, not much has been improved (if any?) on that not quite sure why, but hopefully we will see it after scawen does some work on the tire physics
[added in patch 0.5Y] Engine stall
its probably been suggested before but...

Is it gonna be added? would make it much more realistic for us shifter users and clutchers i use g25, h-shifter and the clutch, dosnt feel as realistic without it.
ive always assumed myself that judder with manual clutch, is a stalled engine (even though its not, its just something to cover for it).

but i think stalling is to come
I see the problem with this, not in lfs modelling the stall etc but in the equipment being used. Those of us, like you smurfen and me etc, who use g25 yes would be good but for those who dont have a clutch pedal then the automatic clutch would still be used and so no different from now. Which would put those who use manual clutch at a disadvantage as there is the chance you could stall.
But would like to see it so +1.
as long as you've been around smurfen, its kind of unusual you've never seen this come up before, i can think of over 20 times this has come up
#7 - Gunn
I have a strong feeling that auto clutch will go the way of the dinosaur eventually, meaning that every racer will have to manually engage the clutch (by pedal or button) to prevent stalling.
Manual clutch as what i love about my G25, and without a stalling function, its kinda useless imo
I don't want idiots stalling their car on the starting grid... As it is, people forget to press the gas!
I defenately want cars to stall on grid! Even if I had to slalom 34 (bigger grids ) cars I'd love to have cars you could stall on the grid. So 34 stall their cars on the grid and the rest 15 get false start penalty
#11 - Gunn
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't want idiots stalling their car on the starting grid... As it is, people forget to press the gas!

The answer for you then is to not race with idiots.
Maybe we could have an option to turn it on and off?

Which is kinda stupid now that i think about it but whatever.
Quote from XCNuse :as long as you've been around smurfen, its kind of unusual you've never seen this come up before, i can think of over 20 times this has come up

ive seen it come up before to, just feelt an urge. i miss it
I would love the car to be able to stall. It adds realism. If someone stalls on the track it adds to your racing skills (accident avoidance). Race starts and someone stalls, just don't be a noob about it. You want practice? Do a few race starts where you drive the RB4 against the FXO and XRT, It is the same thing. hehe, You take off like a rocket flying past everyone else who is still doing their burnout
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't want idiots stalling their car on the starting grid... As it is, people forget to press the gas!

this is the case in GTR 2. online as soon as your car is on the grid you can move the car. usally i get damaged car before the green flag! maybe make the engine stall like in TOCA Race Driver 3 where. in manual the handbrake is on at start but you have to use the clutch for gears.
Maybe it's to be implimented later as there's an engine stop/start button.
Possibility to stall the engine
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
No one has ever suggested this before.
:d
#20 - joen
The words "open door" come to mind.
Ya know, that's exactly what I noticed the first time I played the game: why don't the cars stall when you release the clutch too quickly? I mean, the whole game is really realistic and everything, except for that. Other driving games have it and it makes it a bit more... well... realistic

First post here by the way, hi everyone!
Being able to stall the engine would be a great feature.

Ryan.
Strangely the clutch works by itself when you let it go too fast or when you brake while you are in first gear! The game seems to takeover whenever your engine is going to stall! Just watch the pedals indicators

It's not new but i agree, that's a major issue
Another problem too >> we can push the next gear in advance are in full throttle, and just push the clutch to pass the gear, it's not realistic...I do it but it s as i cheated...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG