The online racing simulator
Suggestion for a mod
(5 posts, started )
Suggestion for a mod
This could be a very simple addition for server owners
Simple a 'schedule' mod, that announces when scheduled races are going to happen on a server.

For example, you join a server and it says:
"Next public races:
Tuesday 6:00-8:00pm EST
Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm EST
Saturday 1:00pm EST
"

Because many servers have a low concentration of people, this mod would allow people to join scheduled public races. Even better, a windows application that allows people to chat and to set up races on the fly directly from the application.

Sort of like a LFSCHAT app, that you can start up, look for people willing to do a good race, and from the application, you can launch everyone's LFS, which automatically joins the server, sets up the map, the cars, the laps, etc.

That way, people who wish to do slightly more serious 30 min/1 hour races would have the possibility to do so.

Getting fancy, you would report the stats of the organized races back to LFSCHAT (or whatever you call the app).

Sort of like a battle.net, but better, and for LFS.
the in-server announements can be done with LFSlapper, then a frequent reminder, of lets say, 30 minutes could be set. spamming the server with the announments
I don't think that is what he ment. I think what he ment is like a program where people can meet and Server admin's can post schedule's on wenn there will be a public race. So if i post this evening Tomorrow 20.00 UTC cP Clownpaint #1 BL1 GTR 25 lap race ! that people will see that on like a message board and can join the server like 15minuts before and all have a fun race together
#4 - X-Ter
I think that's a great idea.
I use a countdown timer to the next race on SCORE just ot make sure poeople from different timezones doesn't calculate wrong. Works like a charm, even for those leaving/entering DST.
yeah
I think this would improve coordination and allow for some more serious, longer races.

Suggestion for a mod
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG