The online racing simulator
TEST Patch V3 (compatible with V)
(61 posts, closed, started )
Names over cars doesn't work for the active car if you use the Bird cam.

When you switch to another car, and chose a camera attached to this car, you can't see the name over it (tested only online atm). The names over the cars work only when I'm watching from a TV camera (the ones "mounted" on the track), or watching another car.
I often used to watch replays to analyze who caused a crash for example, but now its not really possible to see who is who, unless they are using different skins or you press pause and find out by using the buttons in the connection list.

In addition to that, i STILL think the names are hided to early, they should be visible for like 2 or 3 times the distance.

EDIT:
This is caused because the view distance is to high that the name over the car is hidden
Using 100FOV here.
hi,

i've got some "problems" with the sounds of DaveWS's soundpack (and now in the official version V3)... they are too loud for me and i cant hear my tires loud enough. i tried to change it in the sound options, but if i lower the car volume, and leave the tire sound at the maximum, the tire sound gets lower, too. Would it be possible to fix this anyhow, so that i can hear the tires loud and clear ?

but all in all, again great work, thx
Quote from axus :Hmmm, I'm not so sure anymore, it might have been using an older version of the setup for that track by mistake but letting the rear step out a lot feels weird.

Let's add Anton's posts to my "clutch damage" thread
Where the hell have I been!!. The sounds are awesome nearly blew me out of my seat.
No problem, since it fixed itself, but I lost car shadows on the first run with the new test patch. Everything's o.k. now.
*\o/* dave sound pack for default !!!! nice work !!!!
I've been on a few race servers with the patch and have noticed what looks almost like lag. The cars on the track will jump around a little almost like lag. Also, almost no one's ping stayed under 0.10 for more than half a second (except for maybe 1 person, who I think had V3). I don't think I'm lagging and just wanted confirmation from someone else who has also noticed it as it seems to be an OOS problem.
sounds great! did you guys have to unlock S2 again?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :sounds great! did you guys have to unlock S2 again?

I had to unlock for upgrading from V (1) version. No unlock needed for me from V2 patch.
Quote from Scawen :Changes in TEST PATCH V3 :

Sound :
Included new default car sounds created by DaveWS

Misc :
Admins can now use in-game : /laps /qual /hours /wind
New option /adminslots=X reserves slots for admins

Great, thanks a lot

Although tonight I notice more connections problems to the server than usual.
Either it takes a long time before the player can finally join and some regulars are losing connection during the race whilst they usually don't.
Server is still running on V patch. This doesn't prove anything though, but two players complained about having connection problems due to V3, claiming they didn't have these troubles with previous patch (V or V2).
Quote from zockmachine :if i lower the car volume, and leave the tire sound at the maximum, the tire sound gets lower, too. Would it be possible to fix this anyhow, so that i can hear the tires loud and clear ?

I second that, let us make the sound balance we want
#39 - troy
i noticed a framerate drop on patch v3 (running v2 before)
installed v3 just after closing lfs with v2 and now i got around 10 fps less on track
i dont think it is somethin running in the back because it was fine with v2 just 5min before the upgrade

system specs:

intel dual core 2.8ghz
radeon X1950 pro
2 noname 1gb ram's
Quote from troy :i noticed a framerate drop on patch v3 (running v2 before)
installed v3 just after closing lfs with v2 and now i got around 10 fps less on track
i dont think it is somethin running in the back because it was fine with v2 just 5min before the upgrade

system specs:

intel dual core 2.8ghz
radeon X1950 pro
2 noname 1gb ram's

I can back him up on that, with v2 i capped the fps at 100 and was get a solid 92 frames np, but upgraded to v3 and the fps was jumping around like a mofo from 30 to 70 and so on
If you do get lower frame rate :

The LOD used to be related to screen size.

Now it is not any more, and the LOD is set very high. Your LFS is probably drawing cars at too high a resolution.

You should now turn down the LOD, and it will reduce the LOD of cars in the distance but not really have any effect on the scenery.

Maybe the LOD setting should now start lower than 1 by default.
So no more octagonal wheels I bet, with high LOD. Better tire flex visibility too perhaps?
After EVERY patch we get the same thing. Lots of people moaning of a drop in FPS, more lag and physics changes etc etc etc. Im sure it would help Scawen alot if people used their loaf before making lots of posts like this. For example notice how things are different over a longer time period.

I've just spent about an hour on Redline Racing and some time offline and I can say Ive noticed no FPS drop and no extra lag when online.

HTH

Edit: After re-reading sounds like Im moaning just thought I'd clarify its posted with good intentions
Have noticed that when someone joins our servers the last latency bar shoots up. Normally it recovers but several times it has timed the new joiner out. This seems more than V2
THX for V3!

btw, what is this?

RGDS
I think the main problem is, that people don't test what the FPS difference really is. If you want to check the FPS, you can e.g. use Fraps which will show your average FPS. You can load a replay with the old LFS.exe and the new one and will see exactly if/how the FPS changes.

If you post those average FPS numbers together with your system config it may help to track down the cause. But just saying "LFS runs slower now" doesn't help much.
Damn you can't use BeSpoke anymore
+1 @ V3

Quote from Scawen :In particular I think most people will be happy that we are now using DaveWS's sounds as the default sounds! Thank you Dave!

Yes, Dave.. thanks you, Dave
I updated from patch V to V3..
the guage display of FOX has changed.. is that a new change of patch V3 or ?
#50 - robt
Found a bug with the live lap changes....
Started a race of two laps, got onto the second lap then changed the race distance to one lap. Now i cant finish the race. Maybe some kind of check needs to be put in place so that the laps set cant be lower then the current lap the leader is on?

Also, whilst im on about lengths of races. is it possible to implement a /mins on top of the /hours race length?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch V3 (compatible with V)
(61 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG