The online racing simulator
Knew any new friends thru LFS?
(39 posts, started )
I've played for 2 months only. Personally I'm not an alien.. but proud to say I am a clean, consistent racer. Well, FOX is my favourite car thro. I partcipate in OWRL FOX league, being a midfielder, that is around 20 out of 70. In addition, other than practicing for OWRL league, I will hook on to the Redline Racing Server #2 to have some fun and races.

However, sounds like I can't meet any friend or hardly anyone will recognize my name thro. Somehow, practicing for league alone is quite.... sad for me. While others can do their PB with drafting and slipstreaming.. or sharing setups and experiences with friends or teammates.

Maybe you will suggest me to join a team thro. Well, I am not fast enough to join a team. I wanna join one if I consider I am fast. Also would like to join a stable and active team. Looking at the team forum everyday somehow is like a joke, watching teams founding and closing eventually, looks kinda funny to me. I would like to join a serious team in the future.

Anyway, just wanna ask if u guys meet any friends thru LFS? Do you have to be an alien in order other people to recognize you or talk with you? Or you have to be an active member on the forum? Nah.. I'm somehow a little bit passive thro, but I do try my best to chat with ppl when I'm spectating.
Well. I know LFS is not a MMORPG game, but it's always nice to meet more people, especially some serious racers.
#2 - (SaM)
Well, in the long course that I've been playing LFS, I've met a whole lot of friends. There are a few people I've met through LFS that I can concider friends even though I have never met them. I talk to them daily.
But apart from that, I've met 2 of them in real life.
One of them, Rick, I see on a yearly basis, when we go to a racing event in my city. But we're going to grab a few beers soon as well.
The other one is jibber, he posts every now and then on the forums. I've met him in my first days of S1 and have talked to him almost daily ever since.
He came to Holland some time ago and stayed her for a week or so. Was a whole lot of fun.

Ps. Thro is spelled as though.
Yup, a couple, Fordman for sure, have met Tristan on a few occasion's too
You don't really need to be "fast enough" to join a team. You just need to find a group of guys you like driving with, and who like driving with you. I see you're in Washington... there are several strong, long-time North American teams in operation, the big ones I can think of being Black Sheep, EAGLE, Land of the Free, NASSA, and my own team, CoRe. None of us are exactly elite teams like Ocrana (sorry... I mean SK) or Mercury or whatever, but we hold our own and have fun doing it.

I'd recommend hanging out in team servers, chatting with the members and regulars. You'll start to form bonds with them and before you know it they'll ask you to join, or you'll sumbit an app and get picked up.

It's all about the fun.
I've actually made quite a few friends in my country.

And once I met someone from abroad through LFS. I went to Denmark to study - at first I didn't have access to the Internet where I lived - couldn't download LFS. So I ended up asking... I'm sorry, I forgot the name! If you read this: thanks again!!

Anyhoo, we met up on our bikes at a bridge near Charlotenlund Station, and he gave me a cd with LFS. How romantic is that? Only thing missing was a sunset in the backgroud. Haha :spin:

scuse my need for weird humour this evening..
I get on with quite a few of the people here, but I've stopped bothering looking for them online because they're never around when I am or they're racing some gay combo I don't want to do.

Maybe being in a team would be different but I really don't want to join a team. I'm a casual gamer, really, I don't have time for having e-boyfriends I have to hang out with.
a lot of buddies and some real friends. Some invited me to their marriage (where another LFS guy from far away was best-man ), some to their birthdays and with a lot of them I partied hard :P LFS definitely widened my circle of friends and added a lot of buddies. It's just different to your oldschool friends, cause with them you cant spend night after night drinking and talking petrol :P
#8 - Jakg
the whole UKCT team
Yes, lots.

At two LFS karting days I met a whole bunch of you, some of whom I still chat to on MSN.
I know Will Dendy quite well, Shaun (Fordman) is a fantastic chappie, one of the best. Jo (Vykos) is a funny guy, but really cool and a very good father (from what I've seen). Dan (Danowat) is a seriously likeable guy. Every single member of T7R that I've met we're friendly and welcoming, and easy to talk to.

So yes, I have made friends through LFS, even if they aren't buddies I go drinking with every weekend. If you get the chance to meet up with some fellow LFSers, don't pass the opportunity up (imo).

I'll stop there, because
#10 - Jakg
Because?
#11 - SamH
Most of my friends (originally "TeamCCUK", now "UKCT") came, en masse, to LFS along with me, rather than getting to know them within LFS.

Since then, the UKCT group of friends has expanded courtesy of LFS. As a group of people independently of LFS, my non-LFS friends count among THEIR friends, Becky, Jakg, Dustin Dawes, Chris Raemisch (Viper93), Christofire, Felplacerad, Chris Redman, Dan Ashurst, djgizmo and many others too. Some we've met (Chris Redman and Christofire joined us at a UKCT party) and the others we look forward to meeting in the future. The LFS community has definitely impacted my social group in a very big way!
Quote from szyszek :I've actually made quite a few friends in my country.

And once I met someone from abroad through LFS. I went to Denmark to study - at first I didn't have access to the Internet where I lived - couldn't download LFS. So I ended up asking... I'm sorry, I forgot the name! If you read this: thanks again!!

Anyhoo, we met up on our bikes at a bridge near Charlotenlund Station, and he gave me a cd with LFS. How romantic is that? Only thing missing was a sunset in the backgroud. Haha :spin:

scuse my need for weird humour this evening..

Well, many danes are friendly I think I know him, but bike and Charlottenlund Station sounds terribly wrong in that sense. Do you know Richard Torp?

Anyways, I've made some friends through LFS. I joined the danish community with my team, and some of my drivers has become good friends of mine by now. Heck, I even hired one of them for my real life company
That's amazing for u guys.. most of u guys do widen your social circle thru LFS, either directly or indirectly. That's great though. Well.. hope that I have that day...
@ Kim, I've heard of Richard Torp, but haven't met him
That story of you hiring someone from LFS made me laugh. You must have very professional conversations with him at work I imagine
I saw from your profile that you're from Macau and have a protuguese flag. So, why don´t you check the portuguese forum: http://www.simracingportugal.net/.
Altough I never met anyone personaly, I think I can consider some of the guys from the LFS comunity my "friends", specialy, of course, the people from my team, with who I talk trough MSN or Teamspeak.
well keithano, the biggest difference is the join date in ur profile, to those who answered positively to your question. Up to 4 years (O M F G) could make a little difference
Quote from tristancliffe : Dan (Danowat) is a seriously likeable guy. Every single member of T7R that I've met we're friendly and welcoming, and easy to talk to.

Cheers man, cheques in the post, love you to mate

Seriously though, everyone I have met IRL to do with LFS has been a cool person, all the chaps I met at the karting event, and the devs are all decent down to earth people who you would have no qualms about spending a bit of time with.
Keep racing and you will eventually become "friends" with others. Over the course of 2 years, I consider many here friends. I only hope they feel the same, LOL. I'm not fast, and these friends that I talk about are much faster than me usually. But, I definitely enjoy seeing them in the servers when I do. It's actually, a few of the US teams that I consider friends.

Oh, yeah, I also have aquired a stalker as well. Yup, an LFS stalker. I think he fantasizes about me when we are racing. I know he has been known to fantasize about many on the servers...

Hi Tommy!
#19 - th84
Quote from mrodgers :Oh, yeah, I also have aquired a stalker as well. Yup, an LFS stalker

:hidesbehi
Quote from mrodgers :I know he has been known to fantasize about many on the servers...

I cant believe you would say such a thing... you are the only one for me, you sexy beast! :lovies:

I have met alot of people through LFS that I would consider friend's, even though I have never met them in person. I hope that one day that will change, since several of them live pretty close to me.
not anyone that i've met in real life, but met a lot of good people like mr. Clarke, Tristan (did you block me on MSN?) and lots of drifters like Sai, Sam, and others...
Quote from th84 ::hidesbehi

I cant believe you would say such a thing... you are the only one for me, you sexy beast! :lovies:

I have met alot of people through LFS that I would consider friend's, even though I have never met them in person. I hope that one day that will change, since several of them live pretty close to me.

I think an ATL-area meetup could definitely be in the offing. ;]
I've met a few people through LFS, people that I see as friends. Team mates, 'other people' who I talk to on msn on a regular basis, or other people that I already knew from another community.

Never met any of them in real life though

edit : mr. Thread Starter : It takes a while getting known in the community. I think the best thing to get well-known or 'famous' () is to climb up in the sadness ratings, join a team or maybe even participating in a league. The OLFSL is a good league to start with .
I live in Johannesburg. Alot of other South African racers are the same.

We are friends, talk almost everyday. Go play pool or go for a drink and a meal occasionally. Its a great group of laid back guys and we all share the one important thing, LFS

I'm looking forward to meeting the T7R crew later this year and anyone else at maybe one of the LFS meets
Quote from danowat :Cheers man, cheques in the post, love you to mate

Seriously though, everyone I have met IRL to do with LFS has been a cool person, all the chaps I met at the karting event, and the devs are all decent down to earth people who you would have no qualms about spending a bit of time with.

=) I think this would go for alot of people playing LFS. As a whole drivers in in LFS are fairly responsible and good people to know =)

I hope to eventually meet alot of the UK LFSers now that I have immigrated from the states =)

Sam, When is your next UKCT party? A big bash to celibrate the end of the STCC season maybe?
:drink::bannana_g:ernaehrun:slap: :rock_band :hidesbehi

Fordman, have you told Tristain yet that you want to drag him along when you come my way? =P
Quote from Jakg :Because?

Because I went out in a rush! LOL! Damn women and reality, tearing me away from the forum...

I'd also like to add bbman and AndroidXP to my list, as I met them last time I was in Vienna demonstrating LFS and the Cyberseat. Two nice people, very friendly, very good English (as I think all LFSers seem to have), and they enjoyed my consumption of a 2m sausage

Edit: Florian is another great guy (and I really need to return his t-shirt - don't ask). Jan, Sparkydave (Dave, obviously), AndyC, Tux (Jon), Karl (TAA), LawsVS (Laurence), Scawen, Victor... Every single one (and I apologise to others I have met, but I've met a lot, and I can't spend all day writing names to avoid upsetting anyone) has been a joy to meet, and I'm proud to be able to call some of you my friends.

Edit2 (several hours later): Was thinking, whilst making ECU mounts for the reynard, that I'd missed Bob off my list. Was going to add him now, but I see he's already spotted that I missed him off, so now it'll look like I'm pandering to his strop - I can only assure him that that is not the case, and that I've thoroughly enjoyed his company on the two occasions I've had!

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG