The online racing simulator
Need more trackmap info ingame. Yellow and Orange don't cut it.
Their doesn't seem to be enough info for me while racing. There is a list of position and a trackmap that tells you if a car is ahead or behind. I'm new to LFS so maybe theirs an option I missed but I would like to see two colors added to the track map.

White: +1 lap or more ahead
Yellow: Same lap ahead
Green: You
Orange: Same lap behind
Red: +1 lap or more behind

A simple solution to get more info about what is going on around you.
#2 - Davo
+1.

In the meantime by using the split time indicators you can get a good feel for cars that are a lap up or down.
Green = you
Yellow = ahead
orange = behind
blue = a.i.
Red = race leader
That's enough for me, any more than that is just too confusing for my tiny brain.
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe : already talked about
#4 - ORION
I would put the AIs in grey, and make the driver that you have to lap next in blue, and the driver you will be lapped by next in red
means:
If you see a blue one in front of you, you as race leader for example, see that there is someone you have to lap.
If you are about to be lapped, you see which car is the fast one, and which might be in the same lap as yourself.

Cars with the lfsw username GianniC should be always in pink

Hasn't Scawen announced an improvement to exactly that play map somewhere?
I'm for simple version:

Violet - +1 lap ahead
Blue - ahead
Green - you
Orange - behind
Red - +1 lap behind
Grey - aliens ...I mean AI's

after 15 changes it's not that simple?
im for numbers

1-23 on the actual map (Font size adjustable in MISC options), then have the current colour codes.

personally, i dont see why AI has to be a seperate colours, if their in a race, there in a race like everbody else.
because they are aliens. savage aliens from the savage future!
Quote from ORION :...and make the driver that you have to lap next in blue

You already know who the next to lap guy is, it's the next orange marker that is in front of you.

The only thing I'd like to see is indication who is +1 laps ahead and who you have already lapped so that you know if the guy in front/behind is someone to battle for position or not. Too many times I've battled with an orange marker on the map right behind me losing time because when he jumped ahead of me, I learned he was not on the same lap as me from a mid-join. At that point, I wouldn't battle if I saw he was faster. He's no threat, so he can be just let go.
#9 - Venus
One of the things I've noticed about this, is sometimes that info (the orange) isn't correct.I'd like it to be always accurate, whatever the colour. Mostly it is. What I'd like to see is:

Top 5-10 coloured differently to all the rest, so you can see when they are coming up n don't interfere with their race. Or I'd like it to have more meaninful colours. ie

Violet - Me ( I'm no threat to myself - usually lol)
Green - is someone I can challenge.
Red - is someone behind and slower.
Yellow - is someone behind competing with me.
Blue - is someone about to lap you - leaders. (ie blue flag)
Aliens - well they can be black.

That is alot more meaningful, and you instantly know whose who, and what your threats are. I don't know about you, but with the occasional times I've noticed the map giving erroneous info, I have tended not to trust it too much.

Talking about the map. I'd like to have an option to stop it rotating. Its distracting also mean in ur mind you've got to twist the map around to locate ppl which is also distracting. Let me choose how I want it oriented. Static or rotating.

V

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG