The online racing simulator
64-bit Winxp ?
(8 posts, started )
64-bit Winxp ?
I'm just upgrading my cpu and motherboard, so i'm going from 32-bit to 64-bit.
Is it worthwhile me getting a 64-bit version of winxp? Do you just upgrade windows or do you have to buy a new version?

thanks for any help!
Quote from IReallyHateBureaucracy : It's probably not worth it though.

yeah that's what i wanted to know, plus i've only got 1gb ram just now, and according to the wiki, it only benefits 4gb+.

thx
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Dan Hot :yeah that's what i wanted to know, plus i've only got 1gb ram just now, and according to the wiki, it only benefits 4gb+.

thx

well IF you can find the drivers for your hardware its quicker and more stable - my Dad uses it and loves it
hehe, ok i'll keep it on 32-bit for a few days and then try it on 64-bit. i'm just worried that some of my software won't work but i can check their respective websites for that info, presumably.

thx again.
I wouldn't worry about going 64-bit yet as drivers are a pain for it. Especially for XP as very few use 64-bit on XP. If you are going to 64-bit, I would recommend going with Vista aswell as more and more people are switching over with the new OS'es
Oh, and if you activate your 64-bit version of XP, you won't be able to activate the old 32-bit version ever agin(assuming that you'll be upgrading using the same serialnumber)
There's no point in going 64-bit before Vista's matured with plenty of driver-support for it.
cheers for the help. i was a bit premature though, i can't get the new setup to boot properly now.
nevermind eh!

64-bit Winxp ?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG