The online racing simulator
Hate Eurovision? Shelter here...
(6 posts, started )
#1 - nihil
Ok, part of my job is preparing presentations for people who have somehow made it through life with zero aesthetic or technical ability (how they've managed that and still make more money than me is one of life's mysteries)

So, someone comes in yesterday and says they want a "world music type tune" to accompany their latest font-fest. Part of me dies 'cause its a clear case of cultural appropriation that I'm about to collude with, but another part thinks "Here's a valid opportunity to spend my working hours listening to music."

Thinking that a twenty-minute funk workout on the subject of Nigerian corruption (Fela Kuti, the only cd I have in the office that might come close) is not what he's looking for, I begin trawling through some MP3 blogs.

To the point... :

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/DG/d ... im_gamli_yash_gonlume.mp3

THIS ROCKS!
#2 - CSU1
Humm....maybe the history of Africa 70' is a bit much for this presentation given it's history, and might draw too much attention over their presentation itself-if you catch me.

ot:Why didn't he just give the army money to leave him and his family alone anyway?
In the end he lost his studio, all of his work and his mother because of it

Fair duce to him though, marrying 27 women

----------------------------------------------------------

Whats with thread title?

I hate Eurovision, yep it sucks, my country has to loose on purpose because our national T.V station is too tight too foot the bill to host it.Fact
#3 - nihil
Quote from CSU1 :

Whats with thread title?

Oh, there were a few posts about the contest, but I don't understand it all. Never been a fan of kitsch or the "its so bad, its great" type of thing. There's so much really good music that people don't hear. The link I posted was a Turkish psychedelic band from the seventies. Far more deserving of being a song for Europe I think.

As for Fela - I think he knew it would have destroyed everything he'd built to be seen giving anyone a backhander. He was at war.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from nihil :Oh, there were a few posts about the contest, but I don't understand it all. Never been a fan of kitsch or the "its so bad, its great" type of thing. There's so much really good music that people don't hear. The link I posted was a Turkish psychedelic band from the seventies. Far more deserving of being a song for Europe I think.

As for Fela - I think he knew it would have destroyed everything he'd built to be seen giving anyone a backhander. He was at war.

I thought that was Fela's music you posed....
As for Fela - everyone's got to pay their taxes
I hate the Eurovision! Move over and make some room for me!!
#6 - CSU1
Quote from nikimere :I hate the Eurovision! Move over and make some room for me!!

C'mon, don't be shy, sing us a song then?
Attached images
uu.jpeg

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG