Westhill 2.0 (high res)
(49 posts, started )
Westhill 2.0 (high res)
WESTHILL 2.01by Electrik Kar/Unseen

Download (18.3mb) - LFS Database

* Major road error fixed
* New textures by unseen - reflective posts/floodlights/start lights
* Ad boards/curbs/start-line improved
* High-res alpha pit lines (for all tracks)
* General tidying up and small enhancements
Attached images
wy2.jpg
wy1.jpg
wy3.jpg
#2 - bbman
Wow, that was quick...
'Twas a marathon effort :faint:
thx! this's nice! i hope you will do the Aston 2.0! (soon?)
Woot Wasn't expecting this so soon...Thanks very much for your efforts
#8 - axus
Nice work, completes the deserted airfield look well.
Much prefer your's though Kar, not to diss Taavi's work, but many of his are just re-sized and re-coloured, where your's are actually re-drawn at higher-res
#10 - joen
wow, didn´t expect this so soon!
I´ll be sure to test it out when I get home.
Thx for your efforts Electrik
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Looks absolutely fantastic Electrik Kar.

But theres a little problem...(I tried re-downloading it to make sure.)
Something happened to the WST_road.dds I dont know if it's just me or its the same for everyone.

<< default .................. 2.0 >>

<< default .................. 2.0 >>

Have some rest. Not to worry. I managed to fix mine.
PM Sent.
Attached images
WE_default.JPG
WE_2.0.JPG
WST_road_default.jpg
WST_road_2.0.jpg
EK, do you ever sleep? Surely you must be some kind of godly texture machine? Nice work, as always.

I'll be grabbing this pack when I get home tonight (after 22 days I finally have a net connection again!).
Question,

Quote :EK, do you ever sleep?

Answer.

Quote :
But theres a little problem...

Thanks JasonJ for the PM. I'll upload the fixed .zip to filefront later in the afternoon (really must catch up on sleep). Sorry folks.
Quote from Electrik Kar :(really must catch up on sleep). Sorry folks.

Sleep how dare you, there's work to do

Naa, enjoy your rest..your doing a great job. Not dissing anyone else's work, but your the LFS Texture king as far as I'm concerned
Whats your next project?
I'll have to finalise with unseen, but we're organising on working on some tracks together. He'll probably also be doing some quality control on the stuff that's been released so far, including adding to the pit textures for Blackwood- there was some stuff there I rushed which needed a bit of TLC. So... S City and Fern Bay, and the AutoX track. We're moving towards the tentative goal of releasing an all-in-one pack, including higher-res car interiors that unseen is working on (I won't go there, as I know nothing about cars, and I know what you're all like :razz, maybe a collection of different ad types for each track. Who knows?

PS, I've decided to hold off on updating the .zip tonight. I want to make a few changes here and there, and unseen will hopefully go through the textures tonight or tomorrow, there might be some stuff he can add.

Should be pretty soon though..
Great to hear...Looking forward to your SO update, That all in one update sounds great too
i might be doing sth wrong there at filefront, but when i click on the BIG "download now" button the site just reloads itself... and i cannot do "save as" because i would dl "fileinfo.htm"...
so whats wrong here?

regards
I'm not sure what's happening there. My advice would be to leave it anyway- as I'm in the process of fixing up the Westhill pack. I've been busy with other things the last couple of days, but there'll be an updated zip ready shortly.
Quote from micha1980de :i might be doing sth wrong there at filefront, but when i click on the BIG "download now" button the site just reloads itself... and i cannot do "save as" because i would dl "fileinfo.htm"...
so whats wrong here?

regards

What browser are you using? It does the same for me in Firefox..but with IE7 it works fine.
Firefox here and no problem
Good work !!!
i totally wasn't expecting this, i just downloaded this and set it up, and was doing an FPS benchmark... and somehow, i dont know how.. it improved my FPS by like 2-5 FPS or so... its.. kinda strange
Well, there you go!

Naa, seriously, have you installed any of the latest test patches? They're smoothing out frames as far as I've experienced, maybe your LOD was set back a bit also, increasing fps. If no, then that's some great testimonial-

PS, general update- I'll be uploading a newer version of the Westhill pack tomorrow night- unseen and I have been working on it for the last few days. We've got a few new textures to include, and some others have been cleaned up, and basically everything is more wonderful. So, stay tuned...
Quote from Electrik Kar : I'll be uploading a newer version of the Westhill pack tomorrow night- unseen and I have been working on it for the last few days. We've got a few new textures to include, and some others have been cleaned up, and basically everything is more wonderful.

Great to hear..thanks for all your hard work
i realize that, but i tested before, with a full pack of FZR AI's, and at BL it was kinda low around 25, so i tested it again at WE (this is the new patch V6), did the same test at westhill, got about the same 25 fps, then installed your textures and it went up to 30...

weird but its true.. i dont know how its possible lol but.. something made it

Westhill 2.0 (high res)
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG