The online racing simulator
Driving against the fxo can be a real pain, you can be 1 sec faster with the rb4 but you simply can't pass on a straight. The whole lap you are closing the gaps and eat dust on the straight again... kind of demotivating. And no, I refuse to drive the FXO

The fxo is just the uber car...

Dunno if that's possible, but what about force the fxo drivers to use more fuel, like 50% min? That way we could introduce some kind of simple weight system.?
There is a balancing method in of sorts, FXO drivers have to do their own throttle blipping on downshift and throttle cutting (unless they use manual clutch) - but it isn't enough to redress all of their advantage.

Nothing else is possible to detect at the moment.
Give the FXO a passenger or better 4 passengers.
The much needed ballast option would help
I think its enough that FXO drivers don't receive as many points. You get a choice: win a few races or learn to drive (and then win a few races...)
Just to chime in here:

I finally found time to get back to the STCC-servers, as I don't have to practice for OLFS atm, and I must say, the XRT is awesome fun. Just had a couple of races at SO classic reverse and the set I used was really nice, I guess, very controllable and fast (at least for me) -- so, XRT all the way! (never thought I would say that :tilt

(the only problem now is, that there are still tons of people on the STCC server who simply don't know how to join a race after a crash or don't care -- really annoying)
#33 - SamH
Quote from Linsen :(the only problem now is, that there are still tons of people on the STCC server who simply don't know how to join a race after a crash or don't care -- really annoying)

We do want to know about these, so please don't hesitate to report. http://licence.ukct.net/report.asp

Racing on the Silver & Gold server is expected to be of a much higher standard than the Copper & Bronze servers. You guys worked hard for your Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium licences, and it should feel good when you've got to the next level.

Things like rejoining into traffic are definitely not what you should see on Silver and upwards, and it's specifically our intention to maintain standards for you guys to have good racing. We are really unlikely to ban people from the STCC altogether (except wreckers.. they can get lost), but we will make a determined effort to make sure that the people who race to a lesser standard race only on lesser servers (New & Bronze).

I reckon that by and large the racing on Silver and upwards is a lot better than it is on New & Bronze. If you find that it's not, we do need to know. Please send us reports.
Yeah, I know, I should have saved the replays and reported them, but I could keep on racing and by the time the race was finished, I had almost forgotten about it and failed to save the replay. Also, I'm in general a little hesitant to denunciate people . I know that it's for the greater good, though and I'll try to remember it next time. And I still had a lot of fun, of course .
Glad you enjoyed it, but remember with STCC we can do more than just banning people - we can make notes. It's the repeat offenders we want to be rid of
#36 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :Glad you enjoyed it, but remember with STCC we can do more than just banning people - we can make notes. It's the repeat offenders we want to be rid of

a little off topic (but not too much i hope Becky)

is there anyway that people who have been reported that you have made notes on can be displayed in either a script on the screen that comes up with your status bar or on the license page on the web site, so people who have been doing wrong actually know about it?

for instance you have the three strikes rules, if you have 3 incidents that the STCC review and find to be valid you then get removed from that level for 'retraining purposes'

i think the problem is, as i see it many people after a crash or rejoin do it 'get away with it' and then don't see it as being a problem.. if however you could somehow show users on screen that they have 1/3 warnings or 2/3 etc and for the reason 'dangerous behaviour track rejoining etc etc) then maybe the people doing wrong can actually learn from it?

people generally stop doing things if they are told about it so they can learn from it, if people are not told about what they are doing wrong, then they'll never learn and will continue to do it as they do not know/beleive that they are doing anything wrong

hope the above all makes sense, it's early and i haven't had my wake up coffee just yet

just a thought,

Dru
Quote from three_jump :Driving against the fxo can be a real pain, you can be 1 sec faster with the rb4 but you simply can't pass on a straight. The whole lap you are closing the gaps and eat dust on the straight again... kind of demotivating. And no, I refuse to drive the FXO

So true. It's hard to pass the FXO in the XRT becuase a passing move of any quality usually starts from the exit of the previous corner when you start to get a run on your opponent. To get a run on an FXO in an XRT you need to carry a lot more corner speed or get on the gas much earlier, preferably both.
Quote from Becky Rose :Glad you enjoyed it, but remember with STCC we can do more than just banning people - we can make notes. It's the repeat offenders we want to be rid of

Thats good to know because up until now I would never report anyone for anything other than deliberate wrecking but seeing as you keep notes on people I will start reporting those who tap pass, don't give room etc. OK if its accidental but drivers on silver and gold servers should have the skills to follow close without more than the slightest contact. Me and my R4R mates manage it every night so it can't be that hard.
I wrestled long and hard over whether to put licence notes on the drivers licence lookup page, but what swung it was that it is possible to lookup other peoples licence notes, and I consider the notes to be personal information and therefor covered by the Data Protection Act.

What I would like to do is add a button that requests the licence notes to be emailed to your LFS World desktop messaging system, but atm I have not had time to research how to do that, so currently the only way to get your licence notes is to message me privately for them.

I will be introducing new systems though, in the future silver and higher servers will have an accident per lap factor as part of the access requirements, and some of the special servers I will be introducing will require reading of the web pages rules before they allow you to join the race although I wont be introducing that feature on the pure race servers.
Quote from Becky Rose :I wrestled long and hard over whether to put licence notes on the drivers licence lookup page, but what swung it was that it is possible to lookup other peoples licence notes, and I consider the notes to be personal information and therefor covered by the Data Protection Act.

What I would like to do is add a button that requests the licence notes to be emailed to your LFS World desktop messaging system, but atm I have not had time to research how to do that, so currently the only way to get your licence notes is to message me privately for them.

I will be introducing new systems though, in the future silver and higher servers will have an accident per lap factor as part of the access requirements, and some of the special servers I will be introducing will require reading of the web pages rules before they allow you to join the race although I wont be introducing that feature on the pure race servers.

Where do I send a request for my licence notes Becky? You're LFS PM doesn't seem to work.
STCC forums would be preffered, I contact me via my email address which is on the STCC contacts page as an anti-spam-harvest link
#42 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :I wrestled long and hard over whether to put licence notes on the drivers licence lookup page, but what swung it was that it is possible to lookup other peoples licence notes, and I consider the notes to be personal information and therefor covered by the Data Protection Act.

Surely these are racing facts rather than 'personal information'? but ok if you have already investigated and come up with something different/better thats cool

Good job for thinking at least one or two steps ahead of everyone else
Quote :Surely these are racing facts rather than 'personal information'

It depends on if the admin says,
'driver contacted multiple cars heavily without depressing brakes into first turn.'
or
'driver is a total foxtrotting remeo, confronted said whiskey tango about his antics and told him what a foxtrotting papa of a bravo whiskey he was'.

Its information about a person, not about a race so yes, it must be Personal Information and therefore falls under the remit of the DPA here in the UK.

Having said that, its not bank details or anything like that so the rules are fairly relaxed.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
#45 - Dru
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Attached a couple of different ones that I remember using recently. The one labeled "SO4R" has a clutch pack diff and it's quite twitchy but sublime once you get the hang of it, the "SO5R" one has a locked diff and it understeers like a swine but it's easier to be fast.

Thanks for those....although from your discription, neither sound like particularly good 'beginners' sets. But perhaps it's better to start off with a good but tricky set and get used to it than an easy set which will have to be dumped later on in favour of a competetive one.

how about a password server command that generates a password to look up some more information in your own licence info ?
Quote from goode400 :Thanks for those....although from your discription, neither sound like particularly good 'beginners' sets. But perhaps it's better to start off with a good but tricky set and get used to it than an easy set which will have to be dumped later on in favour of a competetive one.

Well, you'd be better off getting used to the locked diff one out of the two, because most sets you'll find will use a locked diff. You could probably make it understeer less if you tried, I just didn't bother because there was only one guy consistently beating me that night and he was going to beat me even if I glued rockets to the back of my car.
Quote from Becky Rose :What I would like to do is add a button that requests the licence notes to be emailed to your LFS World desktop messaging system, but atm I have not had time to research how to do that, so currently the only way to get your licence notes is to message me privately for them.

Being able to request ones own license notes is all good, I guess, but I doubt it will achieve what Dru was pointing out. Thing is, if I -- or any other responsible racer (yes, I am, I swear ) -- do something stupid, I know it the instance I do it. I might request my license notes in order to find out if I was reported, but I'll try to not let that happen again regardless of any notes. The not so responsible racer, however, will probably not request his license notes if he did something stupid (cause else, he'd be a responsible racer) and therefore will never know that he screwed up, unless he's presented his notes without requesting them.

Uh, long and winding explanation of a rather simple thought, it seems.

Well, anyway, I'll wait what you have in the pipeline, Becky.
Quote from Becky Rose :There is a balancing method in of sorts, FXO drivers have to do their own throttle blipping on downshift and throttle cutting (unless they use manual clutch) - but it isn't enough to redress all of their advantage.

Nothing else is possible to detect at the moment.

Becky > Why do you allow dips and blips at all in any car? surely total realism is the goal.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG