The online racing simulator
Slight alteration to no mid-race join
I'm posting this having just missed the start of a race, I was hurredly picking my setup, and missed the race start by a second. Now I have to wait 10 minutes before I can join in. Would it be possible to not let the no mid-race join bit kick in for 10-20 seconds? It's still possible to win a race from that far down and would possibly help make the option more popular among racers.

Also it would give you more than 5 seconds to join if a race is restarted before it is finished, which would be handy.
Good idea
Yep, I agree
Scawen already changed it so it only works with 2 or more people racing, but this would be even better.

Maybe you could even let people join untill the lead car has completed his first lap. Anyhoo, there should be several server-side options.
#5 - M.Mos
Agree partly , i would better like to see less servers with this option enabled.
I don't join Hosts with no mid-race join. Because i'm looking for good races and good fun with good ppl, usaly these ppl can join track without causing a mess.
But it's there to protect THEM (the racers already racing) from some people who CAN'T leave the pits safely. I like the option, and Bob's suggestion would make it even better.
yup agreed...missed few races that way...
i would say u should be able to join the race until the first driver passed the first timeline(?!).
#8 - M.Mos
Yep exaxtly it protecting me from ppl i don't want to drive with anyway. I hate this option (like all 'force you' options) but agree bobs idea would make it better.
It especially stinks when you sit in spectate until the grid is set because of poor frame rates, not confident on track yet, whatever, and you miss it because of slight lag when you join. If you want to start in the back, spectate until you see the grid set is the best way. I've missed a few this way.
Great suggestion, boosted's version sounds good too, until the first split.

btw, hi Boosted :wave2:
Yeah, good idea! I'd like to see this implemented..
Another fantasticly simple, yet brilliant, idea from the mind that is known as.....Bob Smith!

(I'm all for it incase that wasnt clear)
How about there is a signal at the pit exit that is red when there are cars that are approaching, and then when it is safe to exit the pit, it turns green.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Another fantasticly simple, yet brilliant, idea from the mind that is known as.....Bob Smith!

That doesn't earn you a second pint.
God-dang-damn-it! Worth a try
Quote from wheel4hummer :How about there is a signal at the pit exit that is red when there are cars that are approaching, and then when it is safe to exit the pit, it turns green.

I think in RL there is a blue light or flag at the end of the pitlane warning for cars on the home stretch. Simulating that in LFS would be great.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG