The online racing simulator
Host Tools bug
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Host Tools bug
Hi,

This is more something that needs changing rather than bug. I run a server,
and if I try to ban people with high char names, you can't type it in. If I right click on their name to ban them, then edit it n add the /ban in front, with some people, it still doesn't recognise their name, even though it copies it exactly. I just had a problem with a crasher, and couldn't ban him. I had to close the server to get rid of him.

Instead or in addition to this method; could you simply just give each player a connection number, as in first to get connect gets 1, next 2 etc. Then to ban them etc I just simply enter a number. Works quickly for all name types even when your driving.

Hope you'll fix this in your next patch. Its damn annoying, especially when the others won't cooperate n ban that person when the host can't; because of these stupid high ascii char names.

Venus
Quote from Venus :If I right click on their name to ban them, then edit it n add the /ban in front, with some people, it still doesn't recognise their name, even though it copies it exactly. I just had a problem with a crasher, and couldn't ban him. I had to close the server to get rid of him.

Did he have colours in his name by any chance?

Quote from Venus : Instead or in addition to this method; could you simply just give each player a connection number, as in first to get connect gets 1, next 2 etc. Then to ban them etc I just simply enter a number. Works quickly for all name types even when your driving.

Each player does get a connection id - unfortunately it appears to change (assuming the internals of LFS work in the same manner) when people leave and join the server.
#3 - ORION
  • "Host Tools" - Does this mean the dedicated server, or another tool?
  • Or are you hosting on your own machine, on which you are racing aswell?
  • Is the chat box too small for the name, or could you add some more characters after the player name?
  • Are there any colors or special characters used in the name?
  • Do you have a replay / deb.log / screenshot where the username is visible?
#4 - Venus
Quote from ORION :
  • "Host Tools" - Does this mean the dedicated server, or another tool?
  • Or are you hosting on your own machine, on which you are racing aswell?
  • Is the chat box too small for the name, or could you add some more characters after the player name?
  • Are there any colors or special characters used in the name?
  • Do you have a replay / deb.log / screenshot where the username is visible?

hI,

1.Yes it is a dedicated server, with my logged in as a player. (so dedicated is running, then i run lfs n join.
2. Yes it is on my own machine, and yes I am racing (or spectating) at the same time. Yes I could add more characters.
3. Yes it copies the name exactly, including high ascii chars, and colours. IN this case, the username wasn't that different (ie didn't appear to have any high chars (even the hidden one). No, I don't have a screenie or replay. Didn't think of posting here until after.

This is not just a problem with one player, it seems to happen with any player with high char characters. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to make a lil patch that allows those connection numbers visible to host and allow host tools to refer to that number when kicking etc. It won't effect me at the moment cause I have the demo vers, but I'll be buying S2 in a couple of days, and patches will be able to be applied.

WHEN it happens again, I'll grab a screenie of both the guys name in the msg box, and the error when it can't ban him etc.

Thanks

Venus
#5 - GerG
When you buy S2 you will see the user's S2 licence names, which is unique, w/o colours, and easy to ban/kick. Although you will not need banning/kicking as frequently as it was in Demo
#6 - Venus
Yeh thats good... but still, I'd like to be able to have this problem solved for the demo too... cause sometimes I'll want to host demo games cause I have some friends there. The fact its fixed in S2 is seriously cool

Worse thing about buying S2 is it takes soooooooooooo fooking long to complete the transaction. 7-9 days Oh well.. just have to wait...

Ven
#7 - Venus
I just think since I bought S2. I should be able to host demo or S2 and have the same capabilities of banning etc that I do in S2. Obviously the only thing that needs changing is when S2 is in demo mode. The same abilities S2 should apply in demo mode.
#8 - Venus
OK. This is really beginning to annoy me. I have S2 now. And am hosting a server. But even now, I still can't kick/ban some users. I have one user I want to ban right now called JebuS (multicoloured), and it won't let me do anything to him.

You say since I have S2 now, I should see there real names without colours, but I don't see that. If I bring up the Connection list, all I see is list of names the same as you see them in game, with graphic chars and colours.

Can you please release a patch to fix this problem? Its simple to fix. Just make it ban by connection number. Please? As it is, the only way I have of getting rid of an annoying user, is to close the server down.

Venus (very annoyed)
If u have s2 and hosting a demo server u still won't see real s2 names. This works only on s2 server...now when u are hosting s2 server turn on connection list and press ctrl+shift to see real usernames...
I wasn't hosting a demo server. I was hosting an S2 server, racing the FOX on Aston Club. I know you can't when you host demo (though you should be able to since we bought the game).

Venus
CTRL # SHIFT in the connection list! Just like kamo said... it MUST work in S2
Be nice if that info was available in game. Thanks... I didn't see it when Kamo said it. That solves my problem

V

Host Tools bug
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG