The online racing simulator
Auto Minimisation
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Auto Minimisation
There's a really annoying bug. The game minimises by itself, and goes back to windows. Really gets on my nerves when ur in teh middle of a close fought race. Can you fix this please?

Ven
Why would the game be minimizing itself? This surely isn't a bug, but probably some random background process/program trying to take over, causing LFS to minimize.

It usually happens if you have any kind of software like these active:

-Firewall software
-Virus software
-Messaging apps
-Windows Update (system tray messages)

If you don't know how-to turn of these programs, consult support for the product from that company. It is even possible that you have spyware/adware on your computer, and it could be closing your applications... but this is likely to be what I listed above. Not a bug with LFS (nothing to do with LFS really).
hmm this is interesting. I had a similar thing happening to me. I would boot up lfs and start a race and then suddenly my lfs would minimize itself, but it would only do it once as after it was ok for hours on end, it would only happen few minutes into a fresh game. I turn off all background running applications except nod32, although i agree with tweaker, why should lfs minimize and it is mostly caused by some background application but in my case i never found what was causing it to minimize.

I have gone through 2h league races and it hasn't happened in any of them so I guess it sorted it self out but i do still sometimes get it again..

Last time it happened was when i pressed ESP to bring up the options in LFS and swooooooooshh LFS minimized with only nod32 running and I have had nod32 for over a year and it was always ok...

one of those windows/pc/hardware combo mysteries

mad
Get a tool to view hidden processes
#5 - Venus
Hi,

I have no hidden process's in operation. I cancel them all b4 playing. It just seems to happen randomly. Nothing in the background.

V
Happens to me also from time to time, but I'm 99% certain that this is because my Windows intallation is getting "old".

I could verify if this is the case when I make a fresh install but I really hate the idea of all this installing/customization all over again , so I'm postponing it all the time .
#7 - Venus
I have made sure its not any processes in the background. I have a tool to view processes, not the windows one. It never shows everything. Typically, it happens when a fan spins up in the computer (how wierds that), at least I think its a fan, its the loudest noise and its quite loud when it starts up.

The other thing that needs fixing, is on my host name (admin) and my user name (venus), the client often forgets on both I've chosen full screen, and starts windowed. I'd love that fixed please, its very annoying. Small thing I know... but still.

V
I have Win7 64 bits, and I always use hibernation. And usually turn LFS to windowed mode before exiting it.

Yesterday, I woke up my computer, started LFS, and went into a server.
After a few seconds I pressed Shift+F4, and the bug started.

LFS tries to set to full screen, but after a tenth of a second it minimizes itself. Every try to maximize results into an autominimizing.

If I was able to press Shift+F4 just in the moment it is maximizing it turns to windowed mode again.

The bug repeated again trying to set to full screen. After a clean restar of LFS and after killing LFS process.

I had to reboot my computer (not hibernate), and now everything is fine again
Holy BUMP. Don't you probably think that he solved his problem million times until now?

EDIT: Forgot to burn the BUMPER.:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea HAHAHAHA
As much as I know, bumping isn't nice even if you have similiar problem. If there's a solution is in old thread, then he shouldn't even ask (it's not the case), but if there isn't then he is allowed to make new thread. And as far as I see, he don't have a problem, he restarted the PC and problem is gone. Right?
Quote from matijapkc :As much as I know, bumping isn't nice even if you have similiar problem. If there's a solution is in old thread, then he shouldn't even ask (it's not the case), but if there isn't then he is allowed to make new thread. And as far as I see, he don't have a problem, he restarted the PC and problem is gone. Right?

What's the point of making 2 identical threads if in none of them a solution is given?

Bumping an old thread would always be the prefered way if a solution wasn't given or the solution does not work in your particular case
Quote from SilverArrows77 :
@Whiskey - Im sure ive seen somethign about this in previous patch test threads, but i dont know info on it.. something with hibernation and w7/vista was mentioned...im sure someone else knows.

I remember some problems with screensaver and screen switching off to save energy. But it's not my case.
But you said that you restarted your PC and the problem is gone. Right? That means that there is no need to post it here so we know how you solved it because the before you asked 3 years ago.

SilverArrows77 @ I read his post even before I written the first BUMP post. And I still think it useless to post something like this: "Hi, today I had a problem, I couldn't run LFS, but I restarted PC and now it's fine." And that isn't worth bumping an 3 year old thread.

EDIT: It probably minimised because you were pressing some button while it was changing from window to full (after you pressed the magical combination) and Windows done somthing on desktop and to show you what he done, he minimised LFS. You need to release all controls (including wheel) when doing that, or use options to change it before you enter a server. Then you'll be sure that it will not happen.
Screensaver and monitor going down happens only if you haven't touched any of controls or keyboard buttons for some time (adjustable in screen options).
Quote from matijapkc :But you said that you restarted your PC and the problem is gone. Right? That means that there is no need to post it here so we know how you solved it because the before you asked 3 years ago.

So...Windows 98 have zero problems, right? You always can restart your computer after a blue screen.

Stop posting here if you don't have something useful/interesting for someone

I remember everyone the topic here is: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1367770#post1367770
I have the same bug again!!

This time it last maximized about 1 second before minimizing

EDIT: LOL Posting this message solves the bug hahaha
This exact thing happned to me yestersay while i was online.
ye it happends me to when i open the soundcard configuration software

Realtek HD audio manager
version 6.0.1.5473
Happened another time.

I was chating in Messenger (windowed), double clicked LFS shortcut in my desktop, joined a server (the last one I joined) and presed Shift+F4.

It minimizes after 1 second. Now, I can confirm that changing the focus to another aplication and returning to the game solves the problem.
Argh!!

As yesterday I suffer this weird thing.

Now I was in my desktop. LFS opens and inmediatly turns to windowed mode (it detects it can't handle full screen or something :shrug.

If I change the focus to a window of Messenger the problem remains, but if I click on Firefox (which is maximised) the problem is gone
Maybe try closing all that before you start LFS? I play with only LFS on my START/task bar and never had problems like that.
Yes, but LFS should be able to take the focus in full screen mode (as it does 90% of times)
But why do you need something opened while you play? I sometimes have WMP (almost always, but...). And I never had problems like that... You should try closing everything that can takeover the focus, like browsers, messengers.......
Almost every time I play LFS I have a chat window and winamp, but the problem started 3 weeks ago, after playing for more than 2 years everyday.
That's why I think it's so weird.
It can be some kind of software/virus... Maybe it can even be a CPU error... It can be anything... Try backing up your files and reinstalling LFS... Then restart your PC and try again. Try with everything closed, try scaning PC for viruses/malware/adware..... Try turning your Firewall ON/OFF.

Auto Minimisation
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG