Closed since :
Round 6 (BLackwood)
Round 2 (Fernbay RallyX Green)
Round 1 (South City Sprint 1)
Round 3 (Aston Club)
Round 4 (Fernbay Club)
Round 5 (Aston Cadet)
Favorite STCC Round so far??
As a driver I really enjoyed round 5, for obvious reasons! =)

I was curious what are people's favorite round of Broadcast, and why??

At the end of the day this is for YOU, the spectator, any feedback would be very welcomed =)

I have had a few comments that people really enjoyed round 6. Do you agree?
The rally one was the only good one I thought too yes, but that is about it

Some of the other tracks had some action here and there, but it just dragged on and on, and I lose interest in the viewing quite quickly. The Aston Cadet one was Zzzzz, but the Blackwood one wasn't so bad. There just needs to be some more shots showing some action (eg more cockpit cams, tail cams of a car chasing, low-low-low bumper cam, camera sunken in an apex shot, etc). Too many wide angle & from-a-far track cameras really start to make the action seem very slow and uninteresting. All while the commentary tries too hard to make it sound exciting when it doesn't appear to be... it just doesn't fit.

It is all perhaps because the cars are slower touring cars I suppose. But you can still capture the action a little better if it is done right. Otherwise, I'd return to watching Nascar's fixed cameras for the first time in 8 years
I like all 6 broadcasts.
Number 6: exelent race, powerless RB4s
I watched 5th the most times : Great battle for first 5 positions
Number 4 was great, I thot Szabo whit XRT will finally win, but....
Number 3 was superb, Picard vs. Green, great race
Number 2: Pinola vs. Dustin... and Picars vs. Green
Number 1: Begginigs of STCC, great races at start, wierd accidents
#4 - Bean0
You need a poll mate

My favourite to watch was probably the FE RallyX Green round, as I missed the race due to connection issues and it was all new and unexpected
Quote from Bean0 :You need a poll mate

My favourite to watch was probably the FE RallyX Green round, as I missed the race due to connection issues and it was all new and unexpected

Yeah I thought of that after I hit post =)

Mods could I have a temp right to add a poll? Or could a mod pls add a poll please =)

:edit: Found the option =)
the gimmick they had on rx green was fun to watch
other than that ill go with bl1r ... i always enjoy seeing the production quality improve and this one made a giant leap
The demo server-style action at FE Rallycross Green. I am looking forward to the other SO Sprint, it looks like there will be more of the same there.
Quote from duke_toaster :The demo server-style action at FE Rallycross Green. I am looking forward to the other SO Sprint, it looks like there will be more of the same there.

I think there is still a gag order in place for the drivers about round 7 so we cannot comment, but I cannot wait either!!! Should be awesome
Didn't[SPOILER-use ROT13]N ybnq bs crbcyr trg QD'q?[/SPOILER]
#10 - Dru
Quote from Viper93 :I think there is still a gag order in place for the drivers about round 7 so we cannot comment, but I cannot wait either!!! Should be awesome

When is Round 7 coming out?
Quote from Dru :When is Round 7 coming out?

This would be something to ask Becky, but from my drivers perspective there have not been any dates as of yet for the Round 7 release, sorry. Becky is working her hardest and it will be out ASAP, there are more projects than just STCC thats being worked on and it's taking up virtually all of her time =)

It should be yet another great race though =)
#12 - Dru
Quote from Viper93 :This would be something to ask Becky, but from my drivers perspective there have not been any dates as of yet for the Round 7 release, sorry. Becky is working her hardest and it will be out ASAP, there are more projects than just STCC thats being worked on and it's taking up virtually all of her time =)

It should be yet another great race though =)

is a 'live stream' a possability for the future, like what happens in the MoE races?
#13 - Vain
Quote from Dru :is a 'live stream' a possability for the future, like what happens in the MoE races?

Only if the STCC reduced the quality of the show to MoE-levels.

Vain
There's a big difference in quality between doing it live, and spending a few weeks on building a broadcast. Don't hold it against MoE for doing something that is NOT easy.
I'm not clever enough to commentate live either! At least pre-recording it I can do takes, and watch the race in advance (not that I do very much), and write notes etc, as well as have Becky's commentary tags on certain exciting bits.

As for the quality - that's solved easily! You simply have a live feed, then make a high-quality version of that feed later using replays for download purposes. Once LFS (or an external tool) has better camera/camera switching/camera editting features it'll be easy - set the cameras up prior to an event, and jump to them straight away, with little flags saying when something possibly exciting happens (a bit like GP4's director mode, but requiring a real director to change the camera rather that it jumping automatically everytime someone locks a wheel).
Woah. I take nothing away from MoE or any other live broadcaster. There's a certain magic to live broadcasts which some people preffer. Personally I feel a race is as live as when you first watch it provided you've not seen a results spoiler - but the goal of the STCC was to make the broadcasts as much like TV as possible and with current technology that just is not possible to do in a live show. For me live shows hold absolutely zero spectator value, i've tried watching them but I find them a bit painful, personally.

STCC's broadcasts cater to a different market. The live feeds really do only appeal to hardcore simmers, now dont get me wrong - if I felt I could do an STCC standard broadcast live then I would, believe me it would be a lot less work - a heck of a lot less.

At this time however, we need the broadcasting technology to move forward considerably before i'd consider doing it live.

The fact we dont go live certainly isn't down to technical constraints or a need for further investment. I can vouch for that last point having just got a letter from my bank manager! lol... Damn this obsession of mine!

It simply enables us to broadcast in a very different way.

As for a due date. I've got a lot of stuff on with the new server going live and some more programming to do, so i've put everything back about a month to allow me to sort everything out and catch up.

The round 7 broadcast should be out in roughly 2 weeks, maybe 3.
Becky, You're the new Murray! Great coverage!

And it's better than some of the stuff you get on TV nowadays!
#18 - th84
I liked each of the broadcast's. Cant wait for the next!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG