The online racing simulator
LFS at Cebit
(28 posts, started )
LFS at Cebit
Here's a picture of LFS running at Cebit 2007 (taken from Guru3d.com). I like the way they made it so you are actually sitting in the bf1 .

The original article page is found here.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :Here's a picture of LFS running at Cebit 2007 (taken from Guru3d.com). I like the way they made it so you are actually sitting in the bf1 .

Wow! I'm gonna build something like that... Yeah in my dreams.

Quote : Lfs must be way better from their point of view eh ?

I think so, Being that low and sitting in a car, yeah must be better.
you can get them from here.

i currently am rebuilding 3 of them the f1 style.
#5 - herki
I know, I was there. But I didn't drive because:

a) There were too much noobs Seriously, I didn't want to get through all the trouble just to get wrecked
b) They had crappy decalibrated wheels (you could see a difference of ~5° from the outside)
c) Auto gear shift on
d) ATHome didn't want to drive either
e) being really fast you could win a BMW M6 (yepo, the real deal!)
DBC and who might win this BMW M6?
I visited CeBit in Hannover Germany this weekend and I didnt see that anywhere? I saw a F1 stand in hall 2 I think but it was not LFS that was running on it.

It was a cockpit exactly as those shown in in this thread but there was only 1.

edit:
but thats pretty cool having something like that at a big event like cebit
#9 - herki
Quote from DasBoeseC :e) being really fast you could win a BMW M6 (yepo, the real deal!)

e)? I guess that would be a reason to drive there, not not to
But I'm not really fast with the BF1, especially with those aids and everything, so I didn't bother.

Quote from Sp3cTr3 :I visited CeBit in Hannover Germany this weekend and I didnt see that anywhere? I saw a F1 stand in hall 2 I think but it was not LFS that was running on it.

It was a cockpit exactly as those shown in in this thread but there was only 1.

edit:
but thats pretty cool having something like that at a big event like cebit

Are you sure you were at the Intel-booth? There also was a vodafone/McLaren-thingy running some PS2-game
The Intel one was quite hidden next to a lot of WOW players, I don't remember the hall though. I think it was 24
They had pretty crappy wheels and yes, I wouldn't want to drive there either...

The wheels are from Logitech, but the lowest end wheels

http://img.clubic.com/photo/00146147.jpg

Logitech Formula Force EX

With prices as low as 50€ for a DFP I really couldn't unterstand this, but oh well
Obviously, its because the "sporty" red look on the wheel
Quote from herki :e)? I guess that would be a reason to drive there, not not to

Keyword is: IRONY
Quote from Rtsbasic :Obviously, its because the "sporty" red look on the wheel

Sporty Red, which doesn't suit the BMW Sauber White/Blue paint at all
The wheels are indeed crappy. I have one of those and I couldn't even sell it for £20 inc postage.

90 degree turn makes it only good for the BF1.
Quote from spookthehamster :The wheels are indeed crappy. I have one of those and I couldn't even sell it for £20 inc postage.

90 degree turn makes it only good for the BF1.

I think it's actually 100 for one direction of course. I have a formula force gp, one before the EX and well... I don't have anything to compare it to so I'm quite happy with it For the odd race every two weeks It's enough for me.
I might be wrong, but that actually looks like a photo taken at last year's Games Convention... I know they wouldn't essentially changing the booth, but I still can't shake the feeling this photo wasn't taken at Cebit...
Reuploaded to ImageShack, Guru3d doesn't like it when you eat their bandwidth.

(Changed in first post)
Looks cool keep up the good work, those of you working on these?
Quote from bbman :I might be wrong, but that actually looks like a photo taken at last year's Games Convention... I know they wouldn't essentially changing the booth, but I still can't shake the feeling this photo wasn't taken at Cebit...

It pretty much looks like what I've seen with my own eyes, so yes, I think this is a photo taken at cebit
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from ATHome :It pretty much looks like what I've seen with my own eyes, so yes, I think this is a photo taken at cebit

Ah, ok, I realise my mistake... I confused Cebit with GDC, so I thought it takes place in America... :doh:
Quote from herki :e)? I guess that would be a reason to drive there, not not to
But I'm not really fast with the BF1, especially with those aids and everything, so I didn't bother.

Are you sure you were at the Intel-booth? There also was a vodafone/McLaren-thingy running some PS2-game
The Intel one was quite hidden next to a lot of WOW players, I don't remember the hall though. I think it was 24

Yea I saw the giant WoW area. Was it around there? I remember turning back going trough the WoW area as that place was packed.
yeah, place was packed always, and people waited up to 2 hours to drive in the BMW cockpits (BF1 on AS nat). As the whole last year on the intel racing tour. I actually was there a day too, but I only raced it once... against Timo Glock (current BMW F1 Testdriver, last year GP2 4th place, 2005 rookie of the year champcars)
Quote from Vykos69 :yeah, place was packed always, and people waited up to 2 hours to drive in the BMW cockpits (BF1 on AS nat). As the whole last year on the intel racing tour. I actually was there a day too, but I only raced it once... against Timo Glock (current BMW F1 Testdriver, last year GP2 4th place, 2005 rookie of the year champcars)

i hope you bashed that noob!
I've been at CeBIT now two days with our class and yes, it was fun to see LFS there!
There was a Force-Dynamics too btw! But I don't think that was a simulator they were using.. More of a game (no idea which one though)..
Quote from Vain :And next you'll claim to live in Bielefeld.
I sense a conspiracy! :hide:

Vain

No I don't live in Bielefeld

But guess what, I know someone who went to Bielefeld once

LFS at Cebit
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG