The online racing simulator
G25 cable ends and modifying question.
My g25 still works (touch wood) and it is only a couploe months old but i have some questions about it.

Firstly i know with the dfp if the wheel went wrong, logitech asked for the ends of the cables and then they sent a whole new wheel out. Is this also true with the g25? and then how easy would it be to get a replacement plug and fit this replacement?

Second - As my wheel still works i do not want to take it apart but if it does break and logitech send a complete new unit then i could modify my old one. As i am really getting into the heel and toe during racing, my foot is getting sore from the edge of the throttle pedal so i would like to re-mount the pedals. So my question is to those who have modified any pedals or more specifically g25 pedals, how difficult is this? Is it just a case of taking it logically, taking notes of where the connections are or do you need a more in depth knowledge of the pedal workings?

Thanks, Greboth.
I knew someone had seen the thread about flipping the pedals upside down but couldn't find it. Seems easy enough to do though Smile

Anyone know the answer to my first question? do logitech only ask for the plugs back? and if so how difficult it would be to get, and fit, a new usb plug and the connector's that plug into the wheel.
I smell some abuse here... =P

Only thing you can do, is test it =)

Maybe it's just a case of luck!

Good luck!
Abuse of what?

I know of a fair few g25's breaking so im expecting mine too at some point in time so im just asking out of curiosity for when the time comes Smile
Quote from Greboth :
Anyone know the answer to my first question? do logitech only ask for the plugs back? and if so how difficult it would be to get, and fit, a new usb plug and the connector's that plug into the wheel.

Well with my Momo they asked me to cut the cables off the pedals and steering wheel after I had recieved the replacement set. Even if I wanted to send them back I couldn't, the address was so long and I just couldn't understand a word the guy was saying. He would randomly say words and spell words, was just impossible and he had problems understanding me.

I've never cut them off. I just repaired my old set and gave them to my Dad Razz
No need to cut them off anyway, just buy a replacement and mail it to them. Much easier. Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG