The online racing simulator
Forza 2?
(18 posts, started )
Forza 2?
Isnt coming out until May...
i thought it came out february 23rd?
..wish i had an X360

i remember the ebgames near me saying it came out feb. something.. owell
I wish Forza's painting tool was in the CMX Viewer for LFS. It wraps things like magic. I love playing around with it.

Forza is a good game, but I've never played it with a wheel... been wanting to try that.
That does look quite impressive, for a second there i was imagining S3
Graphically the xbox360 produces some very nice rendering and the game looked great, shaddow was a little too dark when he was talking about the dirt on the car as you couldn't really see anything but the youtube video quality didnt help and he did say they were still fine tuning the lighting.

I was however unimpressed by the damage model, really saw nothing new there. Reminded me of Race Driver 3, same little looking damage info on screen with tyres, bumbers engines, gearboxes changing colours according to their damage. Damage it self to the car was very similar too with big chunks falling off and glass shattering and a few dents but it wasn't really that impressive, very Toca Race Driver style. I do think they didn't really show that off very well though.

Apart from that the game looks solid and quite good.

I would love to see some wet weather effects if they are in the game, they will no doubt look awesome!

mad
i knew the answer already. but i forgot i guess:nut:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php...postcount=832:

"Unfortunately, it's the same as before. Due to many factors, which I cannot enumerate, it was not and will not be possible for Logitech to make the G25 an Xbox 360-compatible device. This is not an ideal situation by any means, but it is not something that can be changed. If and when Logitech is able to make a force feedback wheel for Xbox 360, we'll look at the market and decide at that point whether to develop a new wheel for the platform.

I don't like having to tell you guys stuff like this, but there are some things that I just can't talk about."
I was an email response too late to having my truck uses as a model for Forza 2.
I remember playing the first Forza online with my trusty VW Corrado, if you got good enough (and you raced average people) you could beat the LeMans style cars with it. It was an ok game but I got bored of it very quickly.

I expect Forza 2 to be pretty good, but I know I would get bored very fast and go back to beating people up on NHL 07
#11 - JJ72
I dunno, loads of promise, would be stunning if it delievers, but I still very much doubt that will be the actual case.
No cockpit views due to 300 cars (plus you are able to do weight reduction so you would need around 600 interiors) but with the damage staying on the track it could make racing quite interesting!
From all that he said then it looks like a really good game. 2 things i noticed though were that
1) The damage wasn't anywhere near realistic (i know lfs isn't either but thats a wip) he hit the wall in iirc 3rd gear which i dont many cars hat would be driveable after that.
2) They made the game harder because "about 30% of player online were using simulation and he only wanted about 10%-15%" Just because alot of people use simulation mode doesnt means it isn't hard enough surely it is a sign of the market that people don't want games they want simulator's.
There are 3 levels of damage simulation, maybe on the video it was only a middle setting? (i haven't watched it) But its going to be a purchase for me.
Quote from AndyC :There are 3 levels of damage simulation, maybe on the video it was only a middle setting? (i haven't watched it) But its going to be a purchase for me.

Im sure some comment was made that the realism was at maximum but maybe that wasn't for damage i don't know enough about the game.
Also does anyone know if it will purely be a 360 game or will it come out on pc too? as it looks good fun but i dont have a xbox 360.
No cockpits? That bumper-cam would really put me off.
Quote from Greboth :Also does anyone know if it will purely be a 360 game or will it come out on pc too? as it looks good fun but i dont have a xbox 360.

I'd presume it would be just for that console, Forza 1 was an Xbox only game
since the original forza was never released to the pc, i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for forza 2 to come to the pc.

Forza 2?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG