The online racing simulator
Ishkur's guide to electronic music
(15 posts, started )
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Very cool guide thingy in flash, with a load of genres of electronic music (Althrough at the rate music changes theres proberly a ton more). Something for everyone . Has around 8 samples per genre and a short write up (althrough very biased :X).

Even if you don't like electronic music, you might find something you do like

fd

edit: I recommend you read the "tutorial" which is more like a history lesson
I know this page since a long time, and it's a very good side, but there are some "styles" that don't really exist.
#3 - JTbo
And it still misses proper scenemusic completely

But there is lot of information indeed, I kind of like that music under goth button
Quote from JTbo :And it still misses proper scenemusic completely

hey i wanted to post that

but looks interesting ... will read when i find the time
thats a great website, plenty of trance classics i can remember.. including atb, seven cities, chicane,
.. nice! robert miles

owell i'll have to listen to all this once i get home

...his house music he has there however... sucks lol
sad part is, he names it guide to electronic music, and he doesn't even include the genre electronic in there
Well he has electo and new electro. In the breakbeat section. As for some genres not being there (or being misnamed etc), this hasn't really changed for a few years now, and music changes so much, its bound to be out of date :P.

xcnuse: maybe you just don't like house? :P
#7 - Davo
lol thAT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO GENRE CALLED ELECTRNIC or electronica as it's made up and not part of the standards. It's a pretty detailed guide for a flash thing and no way I remember all those genres, I just usually group things by main genre. I'm a techno fanatic throuhg and through, love my detroit and schranz
Krhm. There's just as many genres as there are people podering about the genres. Kind of pointless to argue what is in which genre and what genre is purely fictional.

So, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy one look at genres.
Quote from Davo :lol thAT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO GENRE CALLED ELECTRNIC or electronica as it's made up and not part of the standards. It's a pretty detailed guide for a flash thing and no way I remember all those genres, I just usually group things by main genre. I'm a techno fanatic throuhg and through, love my detroit and schranz

sure it is, its often confused with trance
but.. i guess they could be considered the same thing anyway (yes it is electronica though)

about the house.. i know house.. i just haven't found the right subsection yet i guess
Nice site, not bad at all ...

... however, there's not a single mention of ekranoplan! The shame, the low-down dirty shame of it all
you know after looking through that website.. its really hard to figure out how it all works

its nice that it has alot of the history and whatnot, but.. nothing in the past 7 years
Quote from Davo :lol thAT'S BECAUSE THERE IS NO GENRE CALLED ELECTRNIC or electronica as it's made up and not part of the standards. It's a pretty detailed guide for a flash thing and no way I remember all those genres, I just usually group things by main genre. I'm a techno fanatic throuhg and through, love my detroit and schranz

But Schranz is quite dead around here

And it was kind of invented in Germany... But now there is Hardtechno, but it isn't quite the same.

1998-2002 was the times when the so called Schranz was still alive.

Now you've got Hardtechno but this isn't quite the same, it's a lot harder and faster and I don't really like it
Where's Richard D James?
Quote from Breizh :Where's Richard D James?

iirc there are some tunes of Aphex Twin

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG