The online racing simulator
Strange Incident needs a clean up
hello people, i'd like to have some opinions for an incident which just happend at one of the STCC servers. Since i hate wreckers and always try to avoid beeing one of them i need some advices whos in the wrong here.

Situation was this, as you can see in the replay (lap 4), Kieran was infront of me while reaching the end of the long bridge then he started braking and so did i. All of a sudden, he braked unusual harder just before the turn. I was prepared to stay behind waiting for another try on the next straight and from my point of view he braked just to hard. What happend is that i touched his rear end slightly which forced him to drift and i also hit him on his right side. Anyway, i messed up the next chicane but he still wasnt able to keep the fingers off the horn which is also not necessary.

Finally, i think i couldnt avoid this incident by braking again or even harder and i also hate ending discussions with needless sarcasm about me and my team. If it turns out that it was my fault then i apologize about it Kieran and i hope the next meeting between us will be more friendly.

Cheers

http://rapidshare.com/files/20 ... _kieran_incident.zip.html
I hope he's big enough to accept your polite explanation and apology. Accidents do happen in on-line racing, not every knock or bump is intentional. Undue use of horn should be regulated by common sense though in the heat of a fierce battle the adrenalin does run high.
#3 - SamH
tbh, I think it was really just a missed opportunity to get around him a different way. Keiran definitely broke very early, and you could have easily out-braked him on the inside, had the corner to yourself and been on your way.

I really wouldn't worry, 510N3D. It was one of those things that could have gone better, but just didn't this time. Keiran wasn't wrecked in any way and he had his place back within a few hundred yards. I'm not a fan of horn-blowing. I'd like horns to be an on/off option in Player Options.. so I don't have to listen to them if I don't want to, but don't have to go finding the audio files to delete them. Very often they just serve to aggrovate a situation needlessly.
Tbh, I don't think there was anything wrong with the pass as such although I think it could have been avoided if you'd stayed on the brakes. But, one thing I'm left wondering is this: You made contact, and gained a place because of the contact (regardless of whether it could have been avoided). If you felt you had passed unfairly (is that not why you are asking for clarification?) you could have let him past on the following straight, before the chicane.
Yes, youre probably right NotAnIllusion but in that very moment, i didn't felt like i passed him unfairly. After watching the replay, i wasn't sure about that anymore. After watching it a few more times i noticed that i was irreducibly too late on the brakes as well and in combination with his brake reaction it was even more an "unlucky event". I didnt even wanted to pass him since he was on second position for the hole race but as shown in the replay i couldn't really avoid it. Im over it, and i thank you for your opinions about it.
This used to hapen to me alot, i'd come onto a combo I like and be close behind someone, they are unsure of the track and brake 10m or so earlier and I bump there rear.

It's something that you get used to, I often find myself (If closely behind someone) braking very lightly pretty early untill I see them braking, that way atleast I can react and be as close as possible for the exit.

Taps still happen though, I found myself rolling some clown (litterally (cP) ) when I was just following behind, had a slight tap and that UFR was gone. Happens alot less though, just something you get used to.
#7 - CSU1
Looking at it, six of one and half a dozen of the other imo:

510N3D kieran did brake a little early but you locked your rear wheels a bit causing the initial contact. Almost half way around the corner when your car was to the rear and right of Kieran's he braked and turned in to the right slightly thus blocking you from passing.tut tut Kieranpirate: .

My verdict: 510N3D, guilty for inital contact, Kieran also guilty for silly carry-on, blocking drivers and braking in the middle of an apex.

Good race though
Quote from Bawbag :This used to hapen to me alot, i'd come onto a combo I like and be close behind someone, they are unsure of the track and brake 10m or so earlier and I bump there rear.

It's something that you get used to, I often find myself (If closely behind someone) braking very lightly pretty early untill I see them braking, that way atleast I can react and be as close as possible for the exit.

Taps still happen though, I found myself rolling some clown (litterally (cP) ) when I was just following behind, had a slight tap and that UFR was gone. Happens alot less though, just something you get used to.

yeah i know exaclty what you mean and usually im familiar with the brake zones and i brake a second earlier to avoid bumping someone into the corner. But this time was different, i have seen his laptimes, he was faster then me (in that race ) so i trusted into his skills (bad move isnt-it? lol)
well as far as the intial contact goes no biggie ... happens from time to time
but if it does you should never go ahead and take advantage of it ... if it werent for the tap you wouldnt have had a run up his inside in that paticular case due to not even trying to outbrake him
so what you sould have done is staying behind him and no it wasnt a legal move like you claimed in the chat

in your denfese though after all it was a right hander
#11 - CSU1
Quote from Shotglass :well as far as the intial contact goes no biggie ... happens from time to time
but if it does you should never go ahead and take advantage of it ... if it werent for the tap you wouldnt have had a run up his inside in that paticular case due to not even trying to outbrake him
so what you sould have done is staying behind him and no it wasnt a legal move like you claimed in the chat

Yes, but 510n3D was left with no road going through corner, he was blocked by Kieran who childishly retalliated by braking in the middle of a corner and blocking which is clearly seen in the mpr.
Or just post it, or is it over 2MB
Quote from Shotglass :well as far as the intial contact goes no biggie ... happens from time to time

..the next race, i guess we are even !?

http://rapidshare.com/files/20 ... e_next_race_stcc.zip.html

Quote from duke_toaster :Or just post it, or is it over 2MB

yupp

Quote from Hyperactive :Would it be possible to upload the replay to (any) other place than rapidshare?

there you go:

http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/3a80341465487
#14 - CSU1
I've not watched the replay, and i'm going to add no further discussion on the particular incident as that appears to have been resolved - I actually want to make this post to highlight something else.

If any drivers feels it is ok to insult/harass/or argue over an incident with another driver without first having looked at the replay then clearly they lack the judgement skills to make such statements.

As far as i'm concerned if you have an incident and it becomes an issue or a bone of contention between drivers then both parties should check the replay.

I've lost count of the number of times people have demanded an appology from me when I thought I didn't need to give one, so i've checked the replay and come back - and ocassionally made an appology, and more often than not i've simply advised them to look at the replay before i'll discuss it further. No-one ever does, but still they'll demand an appology.

It's unacceptable behaviour as far as i'm concerned.
#16 - CSU1
True Becky, and public forums are'nt really the place to resolve this kind of stuff, you will just look to be whining

Better to mail or contact the person, a public debate wont resolve this for you, if he/she does not respond to the mail....well then that sayes a lot about them
Youre right Becky, i should have watched the Replay before i made a Statement like this. So did Kieran and other Players on the Server. I was pretty sure it happend as i remembered it but this was obviously not quite true. I have learned from it and ill do it better next time.

Quote from CSU1 :True Becky, and public forums are'nt really the place to resolve this kind of stuff, you will just look to be whining

Better to mail or contact the person, a public debate wont resolve this for you, if he/she does not respond to the mail....well then that sayes a lot about them

Dont misguide this thread, its goal was only to resolve the situation itself and not to denounce or get a respond by anybody that was involved. It was a strange incident which i wanted to clear up, nothing more.
Quote from CSU1 :Yes, but 510n3D was left with no road going through corner, he was blocked by Kieran who childishly retalliated by braking in the middle of a corner and blocking which is clearly seen in the mpr.

he would have had plenty road if he had reacted correctly by not being on keirans inside in the first place (after rear ending him)

Quote from 510N3D :..the next race, i guess we are even !?

http://rapidshare.com/files/20 ... e_next_race_stcc.zip.html

the little schumacher he pulled at the start ?
im not sure if it was intentional/if he was looking in his mirrors at all and either way he opend the inside for you without pulling any tricks so im not convinced he held a grudge against you
Quote from Bawbag :
Taps still happen though, I found myself rolling some clown (litterally (cP) ) when I was just following behind, had a slight tap and that UFR was gone.

What is a circus without stunts anyway? :elefant:
Quote from Shotglass :...
so what you sould have done is staying behind him and no it wasnt a legal move like you claimed in the chat...

thats the thing that really ticks me off, when it happens to me. guys are tapping me from the back, mostly followed by a quick "sorry", but then they use their own fault to their advantage and try to overtake me after putting me into a weak position because they rammed me off the racing line.

i didn't watched the replay, so i cannot judge it, but the behaviour shotglass described is unfortunately pretty common among many racers and it annoys me much more than some final but unwanted takeouts.

most of the time, the racers don't even notice that this is unfair.
Quote from Fetzo :thats the thing that really ticks me off, when it happens to me. guys are tapping me from the back, mostly followed by a quick "sorry", but then they use their own fault to their advantage and try to overtake me after putting me into a weak position because they rammed me off the racing line.

i didn't watched the replay, so i cannot judge it, but the behaviour shotglass described is unfortunately pretty common among many racers and it annoys me much more than some final but unwanted takeouts.

most of the time, the racers don't even notice that this is unfair.

yes, this especially sucks if the guy gently pushing you out of the way drives an FXO and you are driving the XRT. no wonder he can pass you easily when accelerating out of the turn.

as I saw the incident, 510N3D was very early on the throttle after he bodychecked Kieran, this resulted in him pushing out Kieran even more, due to understeering out of the hairpin. 510N3D, you should have lifted and let Kieran retake his position. this might be allowed in real life touring cars (similar things happened in DTM and WTCC as well), but this is just for fun and with such moves you are ruining the fun of others.
Quote from csurdongulos :yes, this especially sucks if the guy gently pushing you out of the way drives an FXO and you are driving the XRT. no wonder he can pass you easily when accelerating out of the turn.

as I saw the incident, 510N3D was very early on the throttle after he bodychecked Kieran, this resulted in him pushing out Kieran even more, due to understeering out of the hairpin. 510N3D, you should have lifted and let Kieran retake his position. this might be allowed in real life touring cars (similar things happened in DTM and WTCC as well), but this is just for fun and with such moves you are ruining the fun of others.

I agree with you and thanks for reading the hole thread.

Quote from 510N3D :Yes, youre probably right NotAnIllusion but in that very moment, i didn't felt like i passed him unfairly. After watching the replay, i wasn't sure about that anymore. After watching it a few more times i noticed that i was irreducibly too late on the brakes as well and in combination with his brake reaction it was even more an "unlucky event". I didnt even wanted to pass him since he was on second position for the hole race but as shown in the replay i couldn't really avoid it. Im over it, and i thank you for your opinions about it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG