The online racing simulator
#1 - D4RK1
Selfmade Presets for Pitstops..
and the possibility to tell the "crew" not to repair the car or only repair if damaged > XY%.

The Preset feature would mean that i can make maybe 3 different pitstop setups.

1. refuel to 18%, repair no damage, change tires if damaged > 30%
2. refuel to 1%, repair damage > 25%, change no tires
3. you get the idea... i hope :P

Those freely defineable settings can be loaded during race by single key inputs.

Im kinda new to LFS, so if there is already a possibility to do this, let me know =)

Jens
#2 - Venus
Sort of agree with u... but I'd change it to only repair if running gear damaged. Screw the body.
Quote from D4RK1 :and the possibility to tell the "crew" not to repair the car or only repair if damaged > XY%.

The Preset feature would mean that i can make maybe 3 different pitstop setups.

1. refuel to 18%, repair no damage, change tires if damaged > 30%
2. refuel to 1%, repair damage > 25%, change no tires
3. you get the idea... i hope :P

Those freely defineable settings can be loaded during race by single key inputs.

Im kinda new to LFS, so if there is already a possibility to do this, let me know =)

Jens

Hi, the damage isn't partially repaired for the moment I think there is a plan for it in the future.

The rest (tyre change and fuel load) can be done in real time by pressing the F12 key and navigating with the arrow keys or shift+ arrow keys if you have them bind to some functions.

But I would like pit stop presets, it would be usefull, specially for the long league races.
#4 - bbman
NONE of the damage (apart from aerodynamic damage through changing body panels - too a degree though) should be repaired! (Obviously, we need an improved damage system for that...) If you crash, tough...

Solution: Don't crash!
#5 - Venus
Quote from bbman :NONE of the damage (apart from aerodynamic damage through changing body panels - too a degree though) should be repaired! (Obviously, we need an improved damage system for that...) If you crash, tough...

Solution: Don't crash!

That's a simplistic very view. Not all crashes are caused by you. Especially if someone is pissed off. Or think its ok to push ppl off the track for a position.

The world is not black and white!
Only if you have no purpose.

A hotkey, or a way to select an entire F12 preset with one of the ALT/CTRL-F# keys would be useful for those races you just don't get enough time to work the F12 menu.
I don't like the idea of presets. Racing conditions just change too fast and it's very likely that you won't have a preset for a given condition. Instead, it needs to be made easier to select what you want to have done.

I suggested this in another thread about pitstops, but I'll throw it out again here. The 10-key number pad should be used to change pitstop options and car settings. 7,9,1, and 3 could be used to turn on/off tire changes. If you want both rear tires changed, press 1 and 3 to toggle them on. If you're set to only change the rears and then decide at the last minute to change all four, just press 7 and 9 to toggle the front tires on. If you blow out a tire and only want to change that one single tire, it would be possible with this system. The + and - could be used for fuel level. 4 and 6 could be used for ARB stiffen/loosening (this should be able to be done on the fly, not just in the pits, for certain cars). 8 and 2 could be used for brake balance (again, this should work on the fly for the race cars). That still leaves 5 keys for other uses such as whether or not to repair body damage. I'd also like to see pitting take longer if you don't radio ahead that you are coming in, similar to the way GTR handles pitting.
#8 - D4RK1
I don´t much care how its done... i would just like to have some possibility to

1) don´t repair body parts and/or be able to change only severe damage. (heavily smashed-in roof might be always repaired)
2) to quickly change which parts should be changed, i proposed presets because so far the possibilities are quite limited and i think having 3 or 5 different "pit sets" would make things easier, since in real races the pitstop crew doesn´t change anything the driver doesn´t want to be changed (its a little more complicated, i know, but since i am the whole team in the game it doesn´t matter). And the driver tells the team what to change before going into the pit.

I know about the F12-options but on many tracks i haven´t got the time to change settings, so a single-keystroke-action with presets would be great.

Having all this options that Cue-Ball described would be great too, but both systems could be implemented. First you could use the preset that fits your current situation best and then make some minor adjustments if necessary.

Another thing is the pitstop times... why is every tire changed one after another? At least in F1-Races they´re changed at once and it doesn´t take that long as in LFS...
Quote from bbman :NONE of the damage (apart from aerodynamic damage through changing body panels - too a degree though) should be repaired!

Agreed! Or, if you really must perform repairs because you really have to continue (an endurance race, I suppose), it should take a much more realistic amount of time to get the car back up to snuff. Maybe a list of damaged parts with estimated times for fixing them like they have in the service park in Richard Burns Rally, so you can pick the important stuff and get back out ASAP.
Quote from Venus :That's a simplistic very view. Not all crashes are caused by you. Especially if someone is pissed off. Or think its ok to push ppl off the track for a position.

The world is not black and white!

No, it IS that simple... If a racer can bin HIS race too after a crash, he might think twice before attempting a stupid move... And if somebody wrecks, he's usually banned in no time...
Quote from bbman :And if somebody wrecks, he's usually banned in no time...

But not BEFORE the crash. So the other racers are still shafted.
Maybe, the verticies should move back to x% of their distance towards their original state? Like, if you smash a fender, and you pit, the fender is repaired only to a certain point, so it still looks wrinkley? And, suspension should only be repaired to a certain state. For example, just a little short orange bar of damage could not be repaired in a pitstop because it is to small. But, if the damage is too great, it should be unrepairable.
Quote from March Hare :But not BEFORE the crash. So the other racers are still shafted.

So what, you lose like what? 5-7 minutes? Races don't last that long on public servers, you know?
#14 - Woz
Quote from bbman :So what, you lose like what? 5-7 minutes? Races don't last that long on public servers, you know?

I have raced a good number of 10+ laps races on public servers and a few 30+ races. You just have to get the right crowd to be up for it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG