The online racing simulator
Nvidia & LFS Settings
(16 posts, started )
Nvidia & LFS Settings
I want to set my GFX settings at max for best Image Qaulity. All the post in the forum is for the older version of lfs. The reason for this is other players wheels appear to be square and not perfect round. Your help would be helpfull to me.

Thanking you in advance.

Here is my Nvida settings.

AA = 8xs
AF = 16x
Image setting = High Quality
Color profile = N/A
Vertical Sync = Off
Force Mip = None
Con Text Clamp = On
Exten Limit = Off
Hardware Acc = Single-display
Trilinear opt = Off
Anisotropic mip Filter = Off
Anisotropic sample opt = Off
Gamma Correct Anti = On
Transparency Anti = Supersampling
Triple Buffering = Off
Negative LOD Bias = Allow
Threaded opti = Auto
OpenGL error = On

Here is a screenie of my LFS settings

Here is a example of the wheels that appear square.

My system is a
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
Genuine Intel Mobo Gaurdfish
2 x 1024mb Ram
Gainward 7600GT
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
160gb SATA 2
#2 - Jakg
What graphics card do you have?
GeForce 7600GT
No, but it's on the screenshot :rolleyes:

Now, I don't know about your card, but on my 6600GT I have to set transparency AA to multisampling instead of supersampling, because the latter produces very ugly graphics errors. Might be worth to make a comparison and see if it happens for you, too.
Look at the screenshot he posted and you will know it too..
#8 - Davo
In LFS having everything set to the right results in highest quality settings.
#9 - Wulle
the magic is called 'dynamic LOD reduction' and can be found in the MISC options. Set the slider to a value as low as possible.

^^^ low as possible means slider to the left
#10 - Davo
^^^ I'm talking in the graphics section and not Dynamic LOD.
I'd also enable "Mip Filter", turn off compressed skins, and use a negative MIP bias to sharpen the image a bit.

And as stated, Dynamic LOD reduction is a really quality killer (but helps FPS at starts a lot).

Personal preference really but reducing FOV would also make things look more real at the expense of some visibility.
I'd be wary of negative mip bias. At least try out if your card is susceptible to texture shimmering first. If it is, like mine, then get set the mip bias to 0 - this will make the textures less sharp but the image will be much more steady and pleasant to the eye.
#13 - Davo
I can't tell the difference between mip -4 and 0. Perhaps it has soemthing to do with my graphics card settings. I can't reproduce the square wheels either, even with dynmanic LOD turned up.
If you see no difference, then you've probably set "Negative LOD bias" to "Clamp".
#15 - Davo
It's on allow, but the control panel has been playing up ever since installign TDU. My antialisaing profiles aren't working properly either
Thanks to all, what I did is the following.

Nvidia Ctrl Pnl.

Negative LOD bias = Allow

LFS Graphics Pnl.

Texture Mip bias = (0.0)
Enable Mip Filter = Yes
Car & Helmet Skins = Full (But I think I could leave this on compressed)

LFS Misc Pnl.

Dynamic LOD reduction = 0.00

The wheels don't appear to be square anymore, they have some sharp pointers still but not as bad.

If there is anymore sugestions please post them.

Thanks again guys.

Nvidia & LFS Settings
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG