The online racing simulator
German Autobahns, unrestricted sections
(36 posts, started )
I have been over to the ring loads of times. I really enjoy driving in Germany and Belgium. Previous ferry routes I have gone to Calais, Bologne and Zeebrugge. This time though I am going to Rotterdam, for a change.

Lane discipline in Germany and Belgium is much better than the UK, very rarely have I got stuck behind a car in an inappropriate lane.

Be very cautious filming on the Ring though as has been said.

I will be over that weekend, will be with a group with driversbriefing.com cars, hopefully we will bump into each other (not literally though).

Chris
I'll keep an eye out for ya, what will you be driving?, I'll be on a Bronze Aprilia Falco, with UK plates on it, 53 plate
Quote from Bladerunner :
Quote :No admittance for vehicles with
noise emission exceeding 95 dB(A).

Hope you got non-noisy zausts

I _KNOW_ mine would fail as soon as it hit 4500 rpm

Heh, my Dad got his old Chimaera tested after the exhaust mod, at three quarter revs it was registering 108dB out of one pipe and off the scale at 110dB on the other. Not a single track on the country he could take the car on. Still, woke the cows up on country lanes, and left you with the biggest grin.
Quote from danowat :I'll keep an eye out for ya, what will you be driving?, I'll be on a Bronze Aprilia Falco, with UK plates on it, 53 plate

well please dont judge until you meet me.

I will be in a '91 Vauxhall Nova, however there isnt much left at factory spec, fully track prepped. It is bronze in colour, registration J2OXE. Pop over and say "Hi", if you bring your helmet over you could also get in the passenger seat

Chris

Where abouts are you staying out of interest?
Hotel zur Burg, 200m from the GP track .

I'll pop over if I see you, likewise, pop over if you see me, if you bring your helmet I'll give you a pillion ride round there LMAO
Quote from danowat :Hotel zur Burg, 200m from the GP track .

I'll pop over if I see you, likewise, pop over if you see me, if you bring your helmet I'll give you a pillion ride round there LMAO

Nice, we are staying at Bren's, www.slidersguesthouse.com . We are eating at the Pistenklaus thursday and monday night. Go a pic of your pocket rocket and I'll keep my eyes open?

Chris
Quote from driversbriefing :Nice, we are staying at Bren's, www.slidersguesthouse.com . We are eating at the Pistenklaus thursday and monday night. Go a pic of your pocket rocket and I'll keep my eyes open?

Chris

Some of our group are staying at Bren's, but I couldn't get in, was booked up

Here she is

-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I intend to be back in one piece, got a trackday in 3 days time too .

Yeah, I understand about the ring being a dangerous place, but it's gotta be done, at least once
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
sensful is my middle name
#35 - JTbo
Quote from Vain :It's not that the ring itself is dangerous. If you drive sensful it isn't. It's just surprisingly bumpy in some places where you don't expect it. When you have only two wheels that can be an unpleasants surprise.
As long as you remind yourself that there are people who die on that track you should be fine.
I wish you fun.

Vain

To add that, there can be at times spots of oil, or if someone has crashed car there may be some coolant left on road, can be very slippery specially at rain.
Would be good to go well at safe speeds (I know really boring) one round and second faster if you feel like.
Also pay attention to mirrors all time, some can go really fast.
I do my best to stay safe on each lap.

What amazed me the first time I visited about the place was how different the weather can be at the same time in different places on the circuit. After about 10 laps I was starting to pick up pace a little and came round the bend, struggling to remember the name, where Niki Lauder crashed after Ex-Muhle, it was glorious sunshire on entry and the exit was covered in water which resulted in the car stepping rather sideways as I was carrying far too much speed for the conditions.

To me though this adds to the thrill, it is a challenge, every lap is different (conditions, traffic, other people, other talent). My most enjoyable laps which are memorable are the ones which are a little slower following a much slower car than my own but getting the lines right. There is a lot to learn out there, just not enough time to learn it.

Chris

German Autobahns, unrestricted sections
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG