The online racing simulator
Acronyms
(13 posts, started )
Acronyms
One of the most confusing things I've found about the LFS community is the amount of acronyms used. Is there a FAQ anywhere that explains them or could some of the regulars divulge some of this arcane knowledge?

For example, 'WR'. I know it has something to do with a very fast lap, but I have no idea what it actually means.
#2 - Jakg
WR=World Record - The fastest lap of the track
Quote from Jakg :WR=World Record - The fastest lap of the track

To bring up a supplementary, WR is done by Offline Hotlapping only. There is another thing called PB (personal best). Personal Best can be faster than the WR of the track because there are slipsteaming and drafting involved.
HL => hotlap
WR => world record
PB => personal best
T1 => turn one ()
Re => restart
Quali => qualifying
Bal => brake balance (context sensitive)
Anything starting with AU, SO, BL, WE, KY, FE, AS and followed by a number refers to a track (e.g. 'omg almost beat the wr on bl1/xfg, just losing time in t1 >.<')

Can't think of any more that are LFS specific, mostly just track and car combinations and typical conversational acronyms & abbrevs.
#5 - Davo
All the tracks and cars have a 3 letter combination. Don't feel too daunted by them now, give it a month or so and you'll soon know all the abbreviations.
Quote from Davo :All the tracks and cars have a 3 letter combination. Don't feel too daunted by them now, give it a month or so and you'll soon know all the abbreviations.

WHAT?! I still dont know them all. Are talking just in LFS or on forum as well?
Some that have been missed
STD - Standard (UF1, XFG, XRG)
TBO - Turbo class (FXO, XRT and RB4)
LRF - No idea what lrf stands for (LX6, RAC, FZ50)
FWD - Front wheel drive (UF1, XFG, UFR, XFR, FXO)
GTR - GTR class (FXR, XRR and FZR)
S-S - Single seaters (MRT, FOX, FO8, BF1)

Edit - Used the acronym car names as i can never remember full names but you will pick the names up easy enough
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Greboth :WHAT?! I still dont know them all. Are talking just in LFS or on forum as well?

i know most of them, but i get confused on AS4/5 and SO4/5
#9 - Bean0
There's also HLVC, Hot Lap Validity Check.

When hotlapping, it makes sure people don't set invalid WR times by cutting parts of the course, using exploits that involve bouncing off walls etc.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :AS4 is AS nat, and SO4 is City Long :/

AS3 is nat, AS5 is Historic (i think) and SO5 is Town (i think)
AS3 is nat, AS4 is historic, AS5 is grand prix iirc.
One of the most important acronyms (for me) is ARB which stands for Anti Roll bar(s)
Also, when people join a server and the first thing they say is 'fuel?' it means 'Could anyone please tell me how much fuel is needed to complete the race?'. Manners FTW (for the win instead of for the weak like I thought )
Quote from K.David :One of the most important acronyms (for me) is ARB which stands for Anti Roll bar(s)
Also, when people join a server and the first thing they say is 'fuel?' it means 'Could anyone please tell me how much fuel is needed to complete the race?'. Manners FTW (for the win instead of for the weak like I thought )

If someone just says 'Fuel for XRT?', I normally reply with 'Unleaded'

Acronyms
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG