The online racing simulator
Less forgiveness on crashes
(14 posts, started )
Especially in the open wheel crashes. If you look at any F1 crash videos on YouTube, a graze of the wall (or any minor crash) basically totals the car. Also, parts go flying off the car (perhaps too hard to program for LFS). I think LFS could add to its realism by giving less forgiveness on any kind of crash.
+1 Even in drifting a little crash makes your fibre glass bumper twist and the body in general gets damaged a lot more with a lot slower speeds
#3 - Gunn
The current damage model is still under development with improvements and changes arriving in future updates.

Parts flying off is not hard to code but many people don't have good enough hardware to deal with the extra 3D objects and the handling of the objects would need to be done right in-game. Having a part fall off then magically disappear from the track 5 seconds later is not something that I personally would wish to see. There are many things to consider, I think, to do it well so that it isn't just a eye candy, but instead realistically effects the racing.
There are two issues here. The visual part (flying objects) and the physics part (amount of damage).

The first part as said would be nice in the future, but I assume that it requires a lot programming and hardware resources, so +1 on this but not an urgent one. It could happen sometime in the future, maybe when we leave from the DirectX 8 engine.

For the damage forgiveness now, I don't think that the bf1 is very forgiving at all. If you push the car and try to be competative with some fast drivers you'll see that even the passing of the curbs gives you a little damage eah time and that after 10-15 laps you have some important damage in the car. And if you make a mistake and have a bigger impact, most of the time the damage is real big.
So, more damage is not what I'd like
#5 - JTbo
#7 - GabbO
Well, we can consider us lucky, that modern cars don't fold like origami...
#8 - JTbo
#10 - JTbo
Quote from JTbo :Quite worse case scenario. Btw, clip says F1, but cars were not F1, more like Formula Renault / F3 class? Can't tell really well as I'm not into open wheelers at all.

yes i know it's not F1, but the crash it's what matterss not u think??
#12 - JTbo
Quote from chanoman315 :yes i know it's not F1, but the crash it's what matterss not u think??

Sure, sure, that is how it should be indeed, in races no tire to tire contact as there is no slipping between rubbers and it is mostly always a disaster.
I agree, they can put someting like public driver decapitation at any crash.... or just they can throw a molotov on the guilty's cockpit....
or (this is the best one) the guilty put on a seat on the finish line... who center it startes next race
The level of damage to the cars is definatly far to low. While it may not be practical at this time to impliment parts disconnecting from the vehicles the level of damage a car does take in an incident needs to be ramped up alot. Especialy with reguards to high force impacts. Only the drivers compartment is reinforced to withstand large impacts the rest of the car is there to absorb and dispate the impact energy.

Hell I am still waiting for teathered objects and realistice physics of teathered objects like true tire walls and fences.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG