The online racing simulator
Will there ever be GTR cars?
as you can see in my signature, i just got into STCC a few days ago, and i'm absolutely loving it more than CLC, but i am curious becky, will you ever implement GTR cars for the higher ranking license holders?

not necesarily the FZGTR, FXR, and XRR, but rather the XFR and UFR

or am i just going out of my mind?
I would personally like to see the UFR and XFR in STCC. the FXR-XRR-FZR would also be cool. :P
Whilst they are cool cars, they aren't "TOURING" cars which is the whole theme of this league as I understand it. They are proper race cars or GTR cars not really touring cars (although based on such).

I suppose another name for them could be "production" cars as touring cars can mean proper race cars in many places (V8 Supercars-Australia, DTM, BTCC etc etc).

#4 - Vain
Becky has remarked repeatedly that she would like to expand the concept to other car classes.

Vain
I would like to offer licenced racing altenatives to public servers for all car classes, but expansion has to be in sync with expansion of the LFS user base (hopefully the STCC videos are playing their part there) otherwise the servers will sit empty and fold in on themselves by spreading their racers too thin.

I'm not in any rush to roll out new things at the moment as i've recently unleashed a load of new stuff - but rest assured i've got a lot of new things planned for the next year, some of it as revolutionary as when the licenced servers first went live.
Quote from Becky Rose :
I'm not in any rush to roll out new things at the moment as i've recently unleashed a load of new stuff - but rest assured i've got a lot of new things planned for the next year, some of it as revolutionary as when the licenced servers first went live.

Keep up the good work

PS I agree with XCNuse, small GTR class licensed servers would be awesome.
i love stcc, but find myself playing souly on its servers, meaning i am getting no experience in the GTR cars which i would like to be driving in company with the other stcc racers
Quote from XCNuse :as you can see in my signature, i just got into STCC a few days ago, and i'm absolutely loving it more than CLC, but i am curious becky, will you ever implement GTR cars for the higher ranking license holders?

not necesarily the FZGTR, FXR, and XRR, but rather the XFR and UFR

or am i just going out of my mind?

Pratically i started with STCC the same period u started, just some days after (because of 4 months of stops caused by broken PC ) and i would like to see other classes too
Im still gold (5 days needed for getting it ) but i hope to have soon the time for completing platinum license.

Just a bit O.T: the best stcc tv coverage was round 5 one. Round 6 was a bit worst then 5; Becky, try to keep on round 5 quality standards, it was a stellar video
#9 - Jakg
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :Just a bit O.T: the best stcc tv coverage was round 5 one. Round 6 was a bit worst then 5; Becky, try to keep on round 5 quality standards, it was a stellar video

could you actually explain why so she could? imho 6 was the best yet...
Blackwood was a hard track to cover, the cars didn't really spread out and the track is long which means the whole field is only covered by 1 or 2 cameras, making it very difficult to follow the action in terms of filming and editing. Also the frequent passing moves on the straight made commentary an impossible job. The production standards compared with round 5, really not that much changed. It was just a harder story to tell the viewer.
Quote from Becky Rose :Also the frequent passing moves on the straight made commentary an impossible job.

lol ok so we go slower so the commentry team can keep up but then we miss stuff like this grreat man once said....

"He's broken our camera lens that'll be six grand please Derek!"

"There's a bit of debris there, Rouse hits it, Oh, nice header from Menu!"

"Unless I am very much mistaken...I AM very much mistaken!"

"Rene Arnoux is coming into the pits ... lets stop the startwatch"
- Murray Walker, BBC commentator.

Quote from Becky Rose :Blackwood was a hard track to cover, the cars didn't really spread out and the track is long which means the whole field is only covered by 1 or 2 cameras, making it very difficult to follow the action in terms of filming and editing. Also the frequent passing moves on the straight made commentary an impossible job. The production standards compared with round 5, really not that much changed. It was just a harder story to tell the viewer.

But you changed for example the fov of onboard cameras.
If you see onboard on round 6 and 5, 5 ones use much more realistic fov angle. And round 5 seemed a bit more fluid on fps side too.

And toghether with that, the elicopter sound effect and the "people on trackside sound effect" added realism

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG