The online racing simulator
Configuring for a uni network
(6 posts, started )
I have a previous thread about my uni network not allowing me to play games. However since the new test patch I have been able to unlock using 8080 for the master server.

However I still cannot see any servers, I assume this is becuase of ports being blocked still, however I have found I can play counter-strike through the network, now with this info is there any way I can configure lfs to find servers?

any comments are greatly appreciated

*Update*
I changed the port to 27010 and managed to get access to one demo server, it was just running bl car park tho

is there any S2 server running in the cs port ranges that I could get onto, it seems my only hope!
Quote from hardcoreobscure :is there any S2 server running in the cs port ranges that I could get onto, it seems my only hope!

If you can't see any, I'd say the answer is no

If there's enough demand, and I have enough spare bandwidth, I can start running a server on "alternative" ports.

Have you considering asking your network admin recently? They may have changed their minds.
I emailed the admins today, fighting for my cause, and also used "if cs works, why cant lfs?" but in a more roundabout way.

Also I would be enternally greatfull if you do run a server on the 27000 range, I just hope im not the only one who will use it.

The only server I can see atm is a demo server called pingzone.co.uk, I can connect and drive fine with no lag on this server, but its demo and runs bl car park

Maybe I should start a "help J get past the evil network admins" post
#4 - Davo
I know Franky has set his ports to the 27000 range on some of his new servers. Our server runs on 27005 for example.
do you know the IP of your server Davo so I can connect directly? Scanning through all the servers takes forever, waiting for each host to respond...

leaving the in game server browser going does show up some servers, it just takes an enormous amount of time to search through them.

Also I tried connecting off your website Davo but it just says connecting to server, and does nothing
hardcoreobscure - you can't do direct IP connects over the internet, you must go through the master server.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG