The online racing simulator
My DFP is acting Up.
(6 posts, started )
My DFP is acting Up.
Alright, so heres the deal. My DFP has alwasys worked fine with this game. I do the whole Select, L3, right paddle thing to get 900 degree rotation. Been doing that for about a week now, been playing LFS with the DFP for about two weeks ish.

Today, litearly out of nowear, i notice my XRT is going really really slow. So i take it to the pits, and then bring it out. I have the accelerator PEGGED, and i look at the boost guauge. Its supposed to go to 12 psi, and it gets there pretty quick. It was topping out at 4 psi, and it took FOREVER to get there. Since i was playing online, i had the other players spec me. They told me i wasnt pegging it, buti told them i was.

So one guy pointed out to me the green bar on the bottom. I physicly was floring it, but in the game i wasnt. Also, when i let go of the gas pedal, you could still see a tiny bit of the green bar at the bottom. So i went into options, and re ajusted all the setings, and tryed teh peddals at seperate, combined, etc.

DOESNT WORK!. So i instal the drivers, from the wingman website thing, and at the end of the instalation, it calibrated everything. I go back to LFS, and go to single player - practice, and give it a go. Steering wheel works fine, shifter works fine, pedals wont work. When i go and ajust, before i had it on combined, because on sepearte, the gas would be halfway when not touching, all the way when holding the gas, and nothing at all when holding the brakes, but simply no brake. Combined let me drive it normal, just i couldnt hold the gas and brake at the same time.

So now im trying all different kinds of configurations, and i cant seem to get it to detect pedal movement while im racing. Under the ajust axis stuff, you can see the bar move when i touch the pedals, but its the horizontal axis bar, not the green and red ones on the bottom. Those wont move at all.

So basicly, i cant play LFS with the wheel anymore, and this is kinda pissing me off. The wheel is in good condition, hasnt been abused, and was working perfectly, untill out of noware, it decided to do that.

Sooooo, this is where you guys come in! Mabey some of you who have had this problem, or a similar problem, or just the people who know alot can help. I really dont know what to do, and well... yeah.. i dont know what to do.

Any help is GREATLY apreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Sketchy.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Under the ajust axis stuff, you can see the bar move when i touch the pedals, but its the horizontal axis bar, not the green and red ones on the bottom. Those wont move at all.

So the horizontal "slider" bars work fine? Do they go from the very right edge to the very left smoothly as you press the pedal down?

What about if you go to the controller in "game controllers" within the control panel? Do you see full axis movement there?

Make sure that you have tried reassigning the throttle and brake to the appropriate axis within LFS.

Quote :Also, when i let go of the gas pedal, you could still see a tiny bit of the green bar at the bottom.

This shouldnt be anything to worry about. Its just part of the anti stall/auto clutch.

Not really sure what the problem is though. Seems very odd that the axis work fine on the slider bar, but not once they are assigned.
Quote from LongJohnSilver :So the horizontal "slider" bars work fine? Do they go from the very right edge to the very left smoothly as you press the pedal down?

What about if you go to the controller in "game controllers" within the control panel? Do you see full axis movement there?

Make sure that you have tried reassigning the throttle and brake to the appropriate axis within LFS.

This shouldnt be anything to worry about. Its just part of the anti stall/auto clutch.

Not really sure what the problem is though. Seems very odd that the axis work fine on the slider bar, but not once they are assigned.

the first to questions, yes and yes.

The second, it never used to do that before, so i wouldnt say its normal.
i think you just havent assigned the axis correctly, if they are registering on the horizontal bars, there is nothing wrong with the dfp itself.

Continue to play with the settings for the throttle brake combined axis. Its in there somewhere!

As an aside, the very first problem you had, the throttle not registering full on the green in game bar, i just had today. It solved it by unplugging and plugging the wheel back in at the usb plug, but a couple of times it came back. I reckon its something in the driver software thats responsible as the pedals still functioned perfectly, just didnt give full throttle??
Make sure you check in the profiler for a box saying combined pedal axis. Turn it off!
If you are flooring it and it doesn't floor it in-game...
just realibrate your wheel in-game...

Or you could try the unplug/plug 'trick'

My DFP is acting Up.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG