The online racing simulator
#1 - Bosse
Take back so you can change the handbrake for itself
Hey!

Before in S1, you could change the pressure on the handbrake separate from the overall brakes. That was removed for some reason and I would like to have it like in S1 again!

Mostly since when I'm drifting, I'm using the handbrake quite much, but I don't want to have the pressure on the normal brakes superhigh so I can lock the rear wheels when pulling the handbrake..
(And please, nothing about LFS not being a driftingsimulator, this wouldn't make any difference for you who only race at all. And this could be helpful if you do this type of racing.(another example with a really odd ending)).

So please, change it back so I can change the pressure on the handbrake separate from the other brakes. And I do belive there's more (drifters probably) who would like this.

Bosse
Well, it is unrealistic to be able to adjust your handbrake. Unless you assign it to an axis!
#3 - Bosse
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, it is unrealistic to be able to adjust your handbrake. Unless you assign it to an axis!

Is it realistic to sit by the computer and drive cars then? (and thinking that it's realistic? and helping the devs to make it even more realistic?) (Oh btw, then maybe being able to drive with keyboard &/ mouse should be removed too?) That was a quite stupid post from your side imo..

Even if I had a handbrake (a "real" handbrake, I mean like the frex one (and btw, I am getting a handbrake for my pc)) I would like to be able to change it.

You can do it IRL?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well, it is unrealistic to be able to adjust your handbrake. Unless you assign it to an axis!

Not so, you can adjust the Handbrake IRL, should be 4-5 clicks iirc. Any more than that, then it needs to be adjusted.
Only 1 Bolt and 1 threaded bar lay between the strenth of the handbrake Without touching the other brakes.

+1
#6 - Woz
I didn't notice it had gone as I never use the handbrake but yep the cars brakes and the handbrake are very different systems so should both have their own setting.
With handbrakes IRL, it's just the tension of the handbrake cable that relates to the clamping pressure the table would generate on the brake drum/disc. Basically it depends on how far and hard you pull it with your hands. It's seperate from your normal hydraulic foot brakes, and the only way to change both the handbrake and service brakes together is via a change of pads/disc/drum/capliper(i.e. change of masome major brake components).

That all explains why handbrakes could very well be STILL operational even when the hydraulics are gone. That's also why handbrakes and service brakes should be seperately adjusted in LFS too. Of course, sensible limits to the peaks to handbrake force should be set based on the maximum normal braking torque too.
Quote from Bosse :Before in S1, you could change the pressure on the handbrake separate from the overall brakes. That was removed for some reason and I would like to have it like in S1 again!

if a feature is removed, there is usually a very good reason why. That said I think it's not likely that the feature will be re-implemented.
You don't need a handbrake to drift.. just plan your lines ahead more.
#10 - Davo
Handbrakes aren't adjusted like normal brakes with a master cylinder etc, they are just a simple cable system and it's the force you pull them with so i think the system in lfs is realistic. The longer you hold the the handbrake the more it's locked. If you want it to act quicker adjust your button delay.
I thought real drifters only used the front brakes (?)
Quote from JamesK :I thought real drifters only used the front brakes (?)

There are many drifting techniques in real life, including ones that utilize the handbrake.
ah right, I was going by the 'Formula D' that I've seen on TV
Quote from JamesK :ah right, I was going by the 'Formula D' that I've seen on TV

Or Initial D?
Quote from Breizh :You don't need a handbrake to drift.. just plan your lines ahead more.

Yes I know, but when I don't choose the right line, it's good to have it.. I'm not 100% perfect :P

Quote from JamesK :I thought real drifters only used the front brakes (?)

I don't know much about it but that is maybe, since they're drifting, there's very little force on one of the front wheels, the one that's closest to the apex and if you brake, you brake on every wheel and then it's quite easy to lock that front wheel. Might be because of that you thought so..

But as said, it's good to have the handbrake when drifting
The best drifters use all the techniques, watch Keiichi Tsuchiya's Drift Bible.
People who really need a good handbrake (I mean drifters but also some autocross drivers like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHj73Hrld-0 ) change the original to a hydraulic one. It is much better allow bigger forces... I also know that some drifters can change the brake balance quite easily (between all front to all reear) while driving. So I think that a having a different handbrake force can be possible for certain car (I dont think there is a handbrake in the bf1...).
Quote from geeman1 :if a feature is removed, there is usually a very good reason why. That said I think it's not likely that the feature will be re-implemented.

Geeman, I agree with you, but I'm curious: why do you think this feature was removed?
#19 - Jakg
i thought it was because a certain Phlos made the handbrake strength negative and thus made the car accelerate via the handbrake (and thus making the car VERY fast)
Yep, as usual it's the minority of system abusers that make everything less fun for all of us.

(I don't know if Phlos was the author, but I'm almost certain handbrake adjustment disappeared shortly after the handbrake cheat came about)
#21 - wark
Quote from Bosse :another example with a really odd ending)).

A little ironic, as that car has no rear brakes whatsoever.
Quote from wark :A little ironic, as that car has no rear brakes whatsoever.

I just posted that since it was funny.. :P
Jeez <sigh> I hate drifting and drifters. Never seen anything more pointless. And they call it racing? lol Its just point gathering. lol

As for the handbrake. If you use that for drifting, then u mustn't be very good. lol You use the main brakes for that and throttle. Just shove ur brake balance forward. lol Sheesh... might help if you actually think about what the car is doing when you want to 'drift' sigh...
Your wrong, even pro drifters, such as keiichi, use the e-brake
Quote from Venus :Jeez <sigh> I hate drifting and drifters. Never seen anything more pointless. And they call it racing? lol Its just point gathering. lol

As for the handbrake. If you use that for drifting, then u mustn't be very good. lol You use the main brakes for that and throttle. Just shove ur brake balance forward. lol Sheesh... might help if you actually think about what the car is doing when you want to 'drift' sigh...

Then how do you slow the car down while sideways ?!
btw i hate people who talk utter nonsense where they shouldn't.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG