The online racing simulator
Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
Hmm, in most games out there, the demo is either much more limited on content, or the full game limited on time. LFS actually grants way much more than other games. Don't complain, if you want more, just buy it. The meaning of a demo is not to get people with no money to play, it's to get people buy the actual game.

Put yourself in the place of the people selling this. The demo is a marketing thing, not a free pass to content.
Everyone seems to think that lots of players sticks with the demo because it offers "too much"... have you thought that one reason for that might be that the it offers "wrong" content? I mean that people just keeps playing the demo because they can't make the decision of buying the darn license. If it had better track and car selection it might have more effective "WOAH! I must buy this right now!" effect.

If I had magical powers, I would swap BL GP to some Aston config and replace XRG (which is currently totally pointless in the demo as long as there is XRT) with FOX or XFR. This way the demo would also represent S2 car content. With the current 3 ancient demo cars people has no idea how different the downforce cars are.
Quote from Soundcrash :Maybe a good improvement for the demo would be to allow S2 Licensed racers to connect to demo servers with the car of their choice.
That way the demo racers could get an idea of the diferent behaviour of diferents cars by WATCHING all the Formula XR, FZ50 GTR or BMW Sauber F1 passing by at high speed, with their powerful engines and beautiful skins.
I guess it would be more incentive to buying S2.

Well I played the demo for about a year (I think) and the main reason I upgraded was that I wanted more .... but others I know and was racing with were happy with sticking to the demo because it had enough for them

If you were able to have s2 users connect to demo servers (or other way) it would influence them more, no demo racer would be able to "settle" with saying "it has enough for me" when they see the Formula XR/V8 or the BMW Sauber passing them like they are standing still while having a MRT5 buzzing around in there rear view

I think the demo has the right amount of content ....

but what about having one of the cars in the demo (eg. XRG) change and instead unlock the RB4 on the next release then on the following release change the RB4 for the UF1 then the LX4 and FXO, I don't mean to say to add more content ... I mean always to have the 3 cars but have one car shot that cycles through a select few (3-5) cars
Quote from deggis :have you thought that one reason for that might be that the it offers "wrong" content?

It just boggles my mind. When S2 demo was released, it took me all of one single race to make up my mind that I was buying S2 when it was fully released . And that's exactly what I did (though in 2 stages worth of paychecks, first S1, then S2 the following pay).
Quote from deggis :Everyone seems to think that lots of players sticks with the demo because it offers "too much"... have you thought that one reason for that might be that the it offers "wrong" content? I mean that people just keeps playing the demo because they can't make the decision of buying the darn license. If it had better track and car selection it might have more effective "WOAH! I must buy this right now!" effect.

If I had magical powers, I would swap BL GP to some Aston config and replace XRG (which is currently totally pointless in the demo as long as there is XRT) with FOX or XFR. This way the demo would also represent S2 car content. With the current 3 ancient demo cars people has no idea how different the downforce cars are.

Blackwood is one of the best tracks in LFS. Looking from that perspective it is possible to give good arguments for and against to have the BL in demo or not. The car choises are quite good already and imho 3 cars is a bit too much. Still I have to agree with the fact that the demo does not show what the race cars are like. I had big doubts about the cars with slick tires before I bought S2. First thing I tried was XRR at kyoto nat. I hated LFS so much because it was sooo hard and unpredictable to drive. "Why did buy this :doh: " . Basically I had three reasons to buy S2. XRR, FXR and FZR and there was no way of knowing how it feels driving a car with slicks when you have just the demo...

I guess part of the high (?) amount of demo racers is the same as with high amount of S2 players. You can have hundreds of races and it never gets repetitive and boring. But the decision of the demo cars was done long ago and tbh I have serious doubts that it will ever change

The best part of the demo is that you can race the TBOs without having to race agains the FXO
The facts are: with the amount of content available in this demo, people should not even be able to keep playing it over and over. As I said, most demos are either very limited in content, either very limited in time. LFS is none of both.
The selection of cars in the demo is good. This is because nobody wants to drive the XFG because its FWD. And Everybody wants to drive the XRT because it's BUTCH! So when I drive the XRG on the demo-servers I beat all the wannabe-racers in their fish tailing XRTs. Then they get frustrated and angry at me and crash me.

Seriously. It's a too good a demo for the game. Only thing wrong with it is the idiot crashers. Which in a way is good. Because people, like me, who enjoy racing are bound to get the licence(license?).
Demo is perfect. Look at other demos for racing game. rFactor and GTR2 for example. One possible track, one two possible cars. You cant do any of the "School" stuff (training in LFS), and you cant go online period. You Can barley do races either. Those two demos are very limited

LFS demo is great. Gives you everything you need to know if you want the game. A great track, A front wheel drive car, a rear wheel drive car, and a boosted rear wheel drive car. Also gives you a demo of the other features, such as online play, and the "training" mode. The demo has more than enough, and if your fine with what the demo has, then keep playing it, and just dont complain.

I played on demo for a long time. There was times where i wanted more, but instead of coming here to complain, i simply saved up for the game. I couldnt be happier.

Now, if theres one thing that should be added to demo, it should be a league, such as STCC. This would give the demo racers a chance to experience what its like to be in a league. Anything more than that is just too much.

Anyways, with that being said, this topic should be locked.

With THAT being said,...
Attached images
ibtl.gif
#84 - Jakg
there ARE demo leagues...
Quote from Jakg :there ARE demo leagues...

You sure? Ive been on demo for a while, and i havent seen any actual leagues. Mabey an example of one might ring a bell?
#86 - Jakg
LFS Demo League - Prize = An S2 License

They publicise on the Forum, not on the game, like every other league
Well, as a demo player thats about to buy a license for S2. I think thats a crap idea. LFS is a great Sim, and they people that have made it for us, deserve to make some good money from it, so much so, they remain committed to making it better n better. As allready stated, the demo is a DEMO!!! Its meant for you to get a taste, and thats it. I think its bloody generous of them to allow you to use it online (though also very smart of them). Buy a license, and support your game. Jeez its not like its expensive. And I live on just a pension, and pay a mortgage. So if I can afford it, you can too. If your just a kid, well save it up from ur pocket money like I have to.

Venus
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007

Hmm S3? :) [add more to demo]
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG