The online racing simulator
Anti virus
(26 posts, started )
Anti virus
Which is the best all in one anti virus available? I'm looking for something that is ideally free, but isn't going to let the missus compy get flooded with cack.
Panda internet security 2007 platnum FTW. You get 3 licenses for less then Norton charges for one license!
Will take that one into consideration
I switched from Antivir to Avast simply because Antivir had those "update and reinstall" issues.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 14575&highlight=avast

Basically it is all about common sense. When surfing, do not open or install any shady viewing programs or install any whacky downloader apps. Also helps to keep computer clean to search for adware information before installing any programs. Just by googling you can easily tell if the said program is or is not infested with some sort of filth.
AntiVir
The problem with AVG.......and others....is the user. If you want a True scan....disable "system restore", then disable "Locked file sharing"

Then run avg......maybe avg? I like AntiVir,google it.

What do I know,Though.
#6 - Gunn
AVG Free has been faithful to me for years.
Norton and NOD32 keep me safe... they do good job. NOD is amazing, i only use norton for firewall really. And norton is better than people say
Pfft
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Norton and NOD32 keep me safe... they do good job. NOD is amazing, i only use norton for firewall really. And norton is better than people say

Yah and Norton has what you run...84%........you and Norton........bend over..
#9 - Davo
NOD32 shits on everything. Sorry about the language but that's how strongly I feel about it. I've used Norton, Symantec, VET, AVG and NOD32 has found virrii they've missed and blocks a lot of threats on dodgy webpages. Not to mention it also a small footprint and doesn't slow down your system.
NOD32 is the best, -light and effective. Many benchmarks have proved it and it's users are really happy with it.

But it isn't free Although it's not expensive either, it's just no free.

I use avast which is free and light and does a good job also.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from wheel4hummer :Panda internet security 2007 platnum FTW. You get 3 licenses for less then Norton charges for one license!

i thought you knew about PC's?

Panda is barely better than Norton, a huge footprint and general bad-scanning made me dump it.

AVG Pro + AVG Firewall here, we spent £30 for 3 PC's for 2 years, bearing in mind we usually just buy commercial anti-virus for £5 for a 1 year OEM license, we spend no more, but we get much better - although from what i've heard Nod32 is better - is it worth switching?
Quote from KMSpeed :NOD32 is the best, -light and effective. Many benchmarks have proved it and it's users are really happy with it.

But it isn't free Although it's not expensive either, it's just no free.

Yeah get NOD32. PM me if you want it, i'll send it to you
#13 - Gunn
Quote from S14 DRIFT : And norton is better than people say

Norton is worse than an actual virus. I wish I had a dollar for every person who has come to me with PC problems caused by Norton over the last several years. Bloated, intrusive, bug-ridden.
NOD32 it is then, by the looks of it. Thank you all for help
AVG Free, a hardware firewall and common sense, havn't got a virus in about 10 years despite my son downloading lots of open source games and patches through the internet.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Yeah get NOD32. PM me if you want it, i'll send it to you

Thats not very clever is it

Meanwhile, back on topic, Everything pales in comparison compared to NOD32.
I own NOD32 and REALLY HAPPY with it. Works quietly and takes VERY little resources, so i'd recommend you NOD32.
Sophos is great, never had a problem
Comodo. it's free has a combined firewall and antivurus also a spam filter which I haven't looked at yet. I was on Avast with Sygate Personal Firewall, But I changed to Comodo firewall when Sygate changed hands and then decided to go with the all in one package for convience. I've been runing it for about 6 months without any problems.
Of course i mean the TRIAL version -_-

Im not a cracker / wtf elseh4x.crackz0rz.net
i used Norton and 17 trojans were inside my PC, then mcaffe and more trojans, Now Kaspersky and no viruses since there
Quote from Gunn :Norton is worse than an actual virus. I wish I had a dollar for every person who has come to me with PC problems caused by Norton over the last several years. Bloated, intrusive, bug-ridden.

Yeah its really bad, It usually maked me crazy because of some alerts about scaning new files like the "thumbs" when looking to pictures.

I used NOD32 and its really cool, It saved my butt quite a few times
Quote from Blaeza :Which is the best all in one anti virus available? I'm looking for something that is ideally free, but isn't going to let the missus compy get flooded with cack.

For free...I'd say ANTIVIR, but don't take my word' I'm only a elec Tech.

Made by AVG but nicer, however...you may need to tell it to premission for file sharing and Locked files...for more...search Wiki or ANTIVIR.

Hope this was of use.

AAnt
Hackers Beware
For me KaSPERSKY IS DA KINGGGGG
I use Kaspersky myself and love it - used Panda and Avast in the past - also tried Norton ones.. it's too CPU hungry and slow for my needs.

Anti virus
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG