The online racing simulator
Skins
(9 posts, started )
Skins
I have downloaded some new skins into my data/skins folder in my computer.
I have asked a lot of people how i get them onto the car and they all tell
me the same thing - go to the pits/garage, click on colour and click on the
skins part at the bottom of the screen.

When I click in this the skins that I have downloaded do not appear on the
screen. I have checked that they are the correct size (512x512) and have the
correct name (xxx_skinname) where xxx is the abbrevation for the car..

I have read the online manual and it hasnt really helped me.

What should i do?
512x512 is NOT the right size, they have to be at least 1024x1024. also, if you want other racers to see your skins, upload them onto lfs world.

frenchy
all of the default skins on my computer are 512x512. they can be this size or 1024x1024.

how do i change the size of them if i had to?
load them up into a paint program like photoshop, then click Image>resize>1024>ok
#5 - Gunn
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :512x512 is NOT the right size, they have to be at least 1024x1024.

This is not correct. 512 x 512 is the default size for LFS skins. Regardless of that, the size of the skin does not affect its availability.

@Chris, have you tried this guide? Let me know if you still have trouble after reading this guide and I will be happy to help you solve your problem.
that manual that you gave me still didnt work.
the skins just arent appearing on the screen when i click on the colours button and then on the skins.

what should i try now?

(for the moderator)
Quote from Gunn :This is not correct. 512 x 512 is the default size for LFS skins. Regardless of that, the size of the skin does not affect its availability.

@Chris, have you tried this guide? Let me know if you still have trouble after reading this guide and I will be happy to help you solve your problem.

yes gunn, i know this, i meant that the skins have to be at least 1024x1024 for him to upload them to lfs world.....

sorry for any confusion

frenchy
#8 - Gunn
Quote from chrislennon16 :that manual that you gave me still didnt work.
the skins just arent appearing on the screen when i click on the colours button and then on the skins.

what should i try now?

(for the moderator)

Make a new version of LFS in a different folder on your PC. Don't delete the old version at this stage.

Make sure that your skins are actually in the LFS/data/skins folder of the new installation.

If you have followed all of the basic steps correctly I can see no reason at all why the skins wouldn't work. If you can select any skins at all, even the default ones, then skins are working properly. If you can select default skins but not your custom ones then you have done something wrong and it isn't LFS' fault.

Maybe you can post one or two of the skins in question for us to look at?
What color are you using in LFS? Use only white (the color sliders) when selecting a skin. If you are using black, it will override the skin and only show black. Any other color between white and black will tint out the skin with whatever color you chose.

Skins
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG