The online racing simulator
Hi-vis shift light
(12 posts, started )
Hi-vis shift light
All cockpit lights actually, as I didn't find the lights themselves, it's their common alpha that's edited. If you know where the lights are, I'm all ears.

This mod makes the small round lights for shifting, handbrake, traction control, etc, big clear squares.
Rudimentary but unmissable.

\LFS\data\dds\
Attached files
LIGHTALPHA.dds - 5.5 KB - 511 views
Like you say, a bit clumsy, surely there must be a better way?
Would be nice to have an option for a proper shift light and big tach - I have a Pro-Comp tach with MSD Pro shift light attached on top of my Daytona dash, a big improvement over the stock location and size
TBH, I rarely look at the shift light in LFS, I normally just change gear by engine sound.

The shift light on my bike is only a small LED, that also is very hard to see also and I normally change gear when the engine starts bouncing of its 10,500rpm rev limiter LOL
pic?
I play LFS with the sound off, so have to keep an eye on the tach!

I've got a photo at home of the setup in my car, and the old one with a smaller dash-top tach ... I'll pop them up tonight
You play with the sound off ?????

H (Jack Bauer )
I do at work, it's easier than you think
Yeah, at the mo I'm playing on the laptop on my lap, with my other half watching the TV or playing on pogo.com at the same time ...
Danowat, you're right, and it's why I made this for function and not aesthetics. I don't look at the shift light, nor the tach, only the speedo from time to time - the point was to not have to focus on it anymore.
Attached images
bigred.jpg
Mislaid the pic from the new car, here's the old one - the Pro-comp is 1 1/2" bigger diameter, and the shift light is about 1" accross ... either way, much easier to make out at a glance than the regular LFS gauges ...
Attached images
Dodge3a.jpg
dashboard lights
I have made a bigger brighter LED texture for LFS (works with all cars)

download link -> http://home.hccnet.nl/j.j.scheel/lfs/ -> Miscancelous

I also edited the starting lights.

Will this help you?

Hi-vis shift light
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG